PDA

View Full Version : Monster MS4 single sided swingarm

br1an
23-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Well I've come to the decision that I'm going to be keeping my bike for some time as the values of S4's have dropped through the floor and there's no way I could afford the step up to a S4R, but I would love a single sided swingarm.

Now I know Grunter is the expert on this, but his conversion was to a none 916 engined bike that also had engine swaps. So I was wondering if any one has had this done to a standard S4 and has any ideas of costs involved and what parts I should be looking out for on eBay to convert my S4?

Oh I also believe Viv Cowley is the man to talk to on these matters.

Would I be right in thinking I'd be looking for these parts.

1/ Full single sided swingarm from a 9** complete with shock and hub assembly, brake disk and is there one which is better 916/996/998?

2/ Header pipes from a 916?

3/ Marchesini rear wheel to give it a factory look.

Please feel free to add your own ideas/thoughts that would give a S4 a factory look, but not cost the earth.

Oh and has any body actually done this and know some of the real costs involved.

Thanks again.

Brian. :rolleyes:

logyk
23-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Someone from these parts had a single sided swingarm made by metmachex(think that is the spelling) and it looked superb.
They used his as the guinea pig and I believe are able to fabricate to order .
A google search should reveal the URL

norrie
23-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Your'e looking at about £2500 from Metmachex.
I've seen a couple of 916 swingarms go on e-bay lately and you're looking at about £400.

Norrie.

grunter
23-07-2004, 02:31 PM
viv has done two s4 sss conversions requies milling the engine casings no big deal i,ve got a swingingarm here needs hub think £400 is to much money for complete rear end
any info needed give us a shout 07900697299 or grant.carr@btinternet.com

CK & AK
23-07-2004, 02:46 PM
AK also has 2 'spare' single sider swing arms - tel: 07956 351399

C

heyDJ
23-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Do some searches over at the DML (http://www.ducatimonster.org). Fillmore's wife has a SS on her monster, and there's multiple threads from other people who've do it as well. General consensus is that you're gonna pay it though!

Oh yeah, and MotoWheels (http://www.motowheels.com) sells a complete kit.

br1an
27-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Thanks for all the replies sorry I didn't get in touch sooner only I've had a bit on and typing takes me ages. :lol:

Does any body know who bunnysmonster is from eBay as they seem to sell a lot of monster stuff and in one advert they said they were selling something because of a sss on a MS4?

I'd love to speak to some one with an MS4 who's done this.

Does any one have any thoughts on wether the arm from a multistrada or a S4R would fit :confused:

Bry... :rolleyes:

manc skank
27-07-2004, 12:40 PM
i think, and dont quote me on this :D i read somewhere that an s4r swing should bolt right on, no worries. that sounds like the best way to go....

grunter
27-07-2004, 03:30 PM
tommo and simon butcher both had it done both members