PDA

View Full Version : New tank etc.

norrie
22-07-2004, 06:07 PM
New tank,leather seat,tail end and indicators.
What do you think?

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/gillsducatimonster/images/4-picture1.gif?0.030188152967026594

Norrie.

NattyBoy
22-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Shoddy... :D

Very cool Norrie..

nat

A Yerbury
22-07-2004, 10:22 PM
very pretty, nice tank, but the tails gotta go! whether its got some road racing metal on it or not. If you can find some carbon side panels I'd recomend them, I'm not really a carbon nut but I bought a pair, they do make the standard ones look v cheap and plastic in comparison. (from a poncy aesthetic angle the weave of the carbon also matches the pitting on the saddle!) No doubt cans are on the list?

Pedro
22-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Cool! :D:D

restin
23-07-2004, 10:03 AM
I like the tank it looks great!! where can I get one, is it a custom job?

A Yerbury
23-07-2004, 10:14 AM
the circled things are not essential and a few of us have binned them. I have some remus race alloy for sale having just put som ll carbon sils on, which easier to clean and a bit lighter.
good luck

madhatter
23-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I got a pair of carbon side panels last night and they look so much better than the drab matt black standard panels......funny, but we also said that they match the seat weave, so great minds think alike Alex!

I'm going to have a go at spraying the pods to match the bike before I give up and take them off. The "Doctor" has done this to his and they look 100% better. As I also have a lot of gloss black on my Monnie, this seems to be worth a try. I've also got a set of anadised gold ART cans which match really well with the standard matt gold frame and gold forks, even the carbon side covers seem to compliment these cans....and they sound glorious!!!

Monsters were made for Modifying!!!! :twisted:

norrie
23-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Sorry I dont like carbon fibre.
The side panels are new as well and I think look good.
The tail end is staying i'm afraid.
The tank is part of a kit called the Cafe Racer kit.
It comes with the tank,leather seat,tail end,side panels,front mudguard,clocks and new exhaust.
The exhaust is a full stainless steel system 2 into 1 with a chrome silencer.
I got the kit from Stuart at Spareshack and I think it was the only one he had.
Getting Roadracing mudguards as well.

Norrie.

DesmoDog
23-07-2004, 02:50 PM
I think the tank is by Roadracing too. Very nice. I thought they only did that black cutaway on the tank in white.

A Yerbury
23-07-2004, 03:04 PM
ah I see the (lack of) can now! this kit must have cost a few pennies yes? or are you that rare breed of proidigal scotsman?! anyway it all looks very neat.
Alex
trust me though the carbon sp s would do the Road race stuff justice! If any body wants my old sides theyre welcome to them.
desmo check out www.roadracing.it I think they have pics of the different colours, failing that stuart may have some catalogues left.

DesmoDog
23-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Yerbs,

funny that - I was just over at the road racing site. Always liked that high polish tank they do for the monnie. But, mucho denero, even through Stu (he had the tanks on offer). Norrie, have you fitted the cans yet - are they those outrageous side ports like JMo has? Or are they the bugle things, tell us please - enquiring minds realy need to know.

Is the castle in the background yours?

norrie
23-07-2004, 03:41 PM
The kit is by Ducati Performance.
I haven't fitted the exhaust system yet as i'm having the system polished as it isn't shiney.
The exhaust is old style highish bell mouth type.
Check out the link.
If you've not got broadband it takes ages to download.
Ducati Monster cat 2000. (http://www.ducati.com/docs_it/bikes/accessories/catalogs/monster/pdf/M_KT.pdf;$sessionid$4MQSRLAAAEQFMCRNBQRCFFIKFUGCEI V4)
Page 6 and 7.
I got a vey good deal on it from Stuart and I would like to say he is a very nice man very helpful.
As for the castle if you mean my house then yes it is.

Norrie.

Plum
23-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey Norrie

You interested in selling the old one if you still have it? I am still hunting for parts after my Monnie got done over. Please let me know if you are and i shall get in touch.

Cheers

L

norrie
23-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Sorry mate we are going to keep the old one and re-paint it yellow so we can change the colour of the bike.

Sorry mate.

Norrie.

rich
23-07-2004, 05:52 PM
soon be dun up norrie ;) :cool:

DesmoDog
02-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Going to look very cool once done - be sure to post up bigger piccies once the exhaust is fitted.

manc skank
02-08-2004, 10:46 AM
oooh thats a nice exhaust norrie! :D now chop the tail and put the clip ons on! :p

norrie
02-08-2004, 12:13 PM
No not chopping the tail.
As for the clip on's I never got them as we didn't want the uncomfortable riding position.
Yes they look good but not very practical when you are doing 300 or so miles every Sunday.

Norrie.