PDA

View Full Version : Front brake-light

miked
22-07-2004, 01:00 PM
No not a brake light for the front! The brake light doesn't come on when i use the front brake, only the rear. Is there a sensor or something that's come loose?

cerebus
22-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Possibly, there should be a switch bolted onto the brake lever, which might need cleaning/replacing.

On the M600 there are two bullet connectors on the rhs near the forks that are from that switch which might have come loose, but I don't know if it's the same on the S4.

HTH

Cerebus the non-electrical

tony_unn
22-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Just had my bike serviced and one of the things I had sorted was the front brake switch, as the bike is under warranty it didn't cost me anything but I know the switch is about £15. Mine is a 620 but probably the same unit as an S4.

peteS4
22-07-2004, 03:08 PM
also try this............. i have an s4 and the brake switch wires join behind the front light........ male to female type.......... mine came loose........... so front brake not work.......... look behind the light.......... then just push them together........... try first as it cost nothing

miked
16-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Just for the record in case anyone reads this post in the future, I checked the connectors under the headlight as Pete said, took them apart, cleaned them up and hey presto it worked!!
Thanks for the idea Pete