PDA

View Full Version : Back on the road

Thibaud
21-07-2004, 08:36 PM
I finally got it back. DLS have been their usual annoying selves and I can categorically say that I will NEVER go back there again.

The Monster is finally fixed but there is one last thing that needs doing: has someone got a definitive answer as to how and where I can get tank dents removed?

See you all on the road!

Julie
21-07-2004, 08:42 PM
So how bloody long did that take then??

A Yerbury
21-07-2004, 09:23 PM
there is a bike medic geezer in north london called ben, holloway rd. the dent in mine was too big so replaced tank and respyed the whole thing. But I hear they are good for small dents. there s a place near me now called the plastic surgery who do similar stuff (although as this is the midlands not london its probably not much use!) I can dig out bens number if u need it. they grey should not be a problem, although attention dark owners, they are apparently very tricky to repair matt black match wise!
AY
oh salut et comment allez vous etc -french is coming along (lentement)

spacemonkey
21-07-2004, 09:30 PM
DLS have been their usual annoying selves and I can categorically say that I will NEVER go back there again.

That's another one then. So how long til Daytona and DLS/C run out of customers?

NattyBoy
21-07-2004, 10:54 PM
DLS..robbing berstards. They made out they were doing me a favour selling me an S4R at list "coz there quite rare in black sir"...yeah right..loads around and ended up getting a grand off list.

:mad:

Nat

SazzaG
21-07-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm only speaking to DLS until my warranty runs out...

Dark colour matching on dented tanks shouldn't be a problem, as aren't dark tanks plastic anyway??

S

A Yerbury
21-07-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm only speaking to DLS until my warranty runs out...

Dark colour matching on dented tanks shouldn't be a problem, as aren't dark tanks plastic anyway??

S
could be...maybe the guy was talking porkies although I doubt it as his girst question was "its not a dark one is it, they can be tricky" without me saying it was (it isnt) although the plastic is news to me?

Thibaud
22-07-2004, 08:28 PM
First things first.

Took them 22 days to get the following parts in:

Handlebar (+ HB plugs)
Headlamp (+ brackets)
Throttle
Indicator

Another week to get the bike in with some frenzied phone calls on the day as they 'forgot' they had to pick the bike up.

They forgot to change the rear pads as per my instructions (ordered before accident in October 2003). When I was informed of this on the Thursday night, I was told the bike would only be ready on Monday if I wanted them to do what they were supposed to be doing in the first place. Did it myself.

All in all, cost me the slightly over £1000 and they couldn't change the pads. A 10 minute job for those top technicians at the award-winning 'Service Centre'. Not good customer service one might say but what do I know.

With regards to tank, please more info about that Ben geeza on the Holloway Rd (Quite a big road...).

A Yerbury
22-07-2004, 10:13 PM
indeed, its marlborough rd up the archway end, belgravia workshops opposite the lovely jungle mural (unit 11 I think)
ben02072727073 or 07939212361 fixmymotorcycle@hotmail.com

Thibaud
23-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Coolio. Will check it out. So u haven't moved to France yet? And still not riding I suppose?

A Yerbury
23-07-2004, 09:24 PM
need to save a bit more b4 moving first to caen then qui sais ? Im not sure how my french is going?! only now I really enjoy it as opposed to school days....Im really looking 4ward to it, plus my old man is a bit of a sailor and car tweaker, he s currently helping a friend restore an e type so I wouldnt mind getting stuck into some of that.
a bientot and good luck with the dents.

spacemonkey
07-08-2004, 01:56 AM
Ah, French roads... only yesterday at 3am was I max-ing out a Transit on the Mulsanne Straight.. Love driving in France, I think they are the most courteous drivers I have experienced (yes, really...) but i just wish they would sort out their road signs so you don't miss turnings so god damned often. Try finding the road from Charteroux to Le Mans.... Basitids......