PDA

View Full Version : Tail chop expert required

Richard_S
21-07-2004, 01:23 PM
I’d like to have the infamous “tail chop” carried out on my dear Charlotte but being all too aware of my lack of hands on skills I’m looking to “donate” the project to someone who knows exactly what they are doing. Id feck it up and so for a change I'm going to do the sensible thing. That said can anyone offer me some idea of who has some time to play (would need to be a weekend) and is a capable spanner fiend. Ideally Id like to put my trust in someone who has already done his or her bike. Obviously Im happy to buy the beers / bacon rolls / fighter jets etc to say thanks

Cheers :lol:

Banshee
21-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Can't think of anyone off hand mate, sorry. :rolleyes:

steviej
21-07-2004, 01:39 PM
Bansh you naughty man......... :D :D :D :D

Give MoJo......er sorry :lol: JMo a PM she'll SORT you out...........

A Yerbury
21-07-2004, 02:17 PM
steven J is Jens agent though so he gets 30 % of the final fee.
The actual chop is str84ward enuf, hacksaw through the tubes, file the ends a bit, dollop of paint and plug up the ends with rodents, bar ends etc then cackle gleefully as the tray is consigned to the history books, filed under "must do better". alternatively if its a new tail there are a few sick puppis here that may even pay you for it! the fiddle can be the plate mount as I used "bendy metal" although spareshack sell a tailchop mount with indy holders. the lock is then re-routed (although mine has gone and Im working out another system...hmmm) anyways, JMO's has done a few and will no doubt be in touch later, shes a jolly handsome lady, who's fine cheek bones are matched only by her razor like wit. Good luck and welcome to the gang. Heres my rear with indys on the taillight although one can now purchase an LED tail unit complete with indys under clear plastic, they look cool and are from spareshack as above, speak to stuart and dont forget your monster club discount!
Alex

restin
21-07-2004, 03:18 PM
I did a tail chop myself last week and it is quite straight foward,
I have attached a pic. I can detail how I did it if it will help.

restin
21-07-2004, 03:29 PM
I more pic from back

logyk
21-07-2004, 03:52 PM
steven J is Jens agent though so he gets 30 % of the final fee.
The actual chop is str84ward enuf, hacksaw through the tubes, file the ends a bit, dollop of paint and plug up the ends with rodents, bar ends etc then cackle gleefully as the tray is consigned to the history books, filed under "must do better". alternatively if its a new tail there are a few sick puppis here that may even pay you for it! the fiddle can be the plate mount as I used "bendy metal" although spareshack sell a tailchop mount with indy holders. the lock is then re-routed (although mine has gone and Im working out another system...hmmm) anyways, JMO's has done a few and will no doubt be in touch later, shes a jolly handsome lady, who's fine cheek bones are matched only by her razor like wit. Good luck and welcome to the gang. Heres my rear with indys on the taillight although one can now purchase an LED tail unit complete with indys under clear plastic, they look cool and are from spareshack as above, speak to stuart and dont forget your monster club discount!
Alex

Nice pic Alex...but why let someone pee all over the bike ? ...is it part of some strange ritual which must be followed when a chop is completed ? :cool:

automa
21-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Look better with tails

A Yerbury
21-07-2004, 03:57 PM
its English summertime you loon! you're thinking of yesterdays golden power shower post.

A Yerbury
21-07-2004, 04:00 PM
the only things tail choppers pee over is the competition, we're an excitable bunch.

Banshee
21-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Bansh you naughty man.........

HE HE