PDA

View Full Version : Urban Warrior Helmets

SAMMYE
20-07-2004, 08:50 AM
KBC VR1 Combat silver,
anyone see the advert for these in the BIKE magazine?? I think they look well cool! £189.99
As some of you may know I fell in love with the monster at first sight and bought one at the weekend got me Jacket retroish look black red and off white Jacket not sure if the helmet will go and looking to get armoured jeans camo or khaki style from dragginjeans.com

What do you guys think?? total fashion disaster? or inspired genius?? :burnout:

steviej
20-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Are you an Action Man by any chance :D :D :D :D :D :D

SAMMYE
20-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Ha ha Steviej although funny you should say that Ive been called that a couple of times!!!
I quite like the idea of styled clothing on bikes part of the over all cool look!!

steviej
20-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Yep, must admit I did give them a good coat of looking at in my local Bike Shop. Bit stange for me as I'm a 'Solid Colour' man myself.......

A Yerbury
20-07-2004, 11:39 AM
you need some yellow dabs steve -worn under the gentlemens trouser a la rossi, not "tucked in" !

steviej
20-07-2004, 11:54 AM
you need some yellow dabs steve -worn under the gentlemens trouser a la rossi, not "tucked in" !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <------------MMMmmm Yellowwwwww!! :D

SAMMYE
20-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Come on Yerbury your an artist what do you think of my combo??

A Yerbury
20-07-2004, 02:49 PM
sorry is there a picture or a mental image? I had better go and see what these lids look like hold on...I see, I prefer it in red. I got one of these bieffes in white, look rather fetching with dark visor (when you eventually source one from an offshore geezer) comfy and a bit different. I think jmo has one too.
apologies for the outdoors types on this page...... http://www.planetkarting.co.uk/victory.htm

Alex, "kicking it old skool" as the children say.

A Yerbury
20-07-2004, 02:55 PM
and as far as kecks go I eschew all the padded stuff favouring a classic gentlemans leather jean (subtle red/white leg piping optional as is a hint of flare nee "bootcut")of the highest quality. No doubt I will sustain more damage in a spill but its more than worth it if I can avoid power ranger jokes and the bugbear of all bikers "saggy leather crotch just pooped pants" syndrome.
pertly yours.
Alex.
although Im still after some white smx booties to complete the stormtrooper effect!

dazzi-b
20-07-2004, 04:17 PM
I've just got myself a VR1 and find it a good helmet indeed, it's a good choice :) It seems pretty streamlined when riding at speed and quite comfortable :D

SAMMYE
21-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Well having a look at a shop in Dartford at the weekend which has them so I will let you know how I get on.

Dave195
23-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Check out e-bay! They are selling this lid all the time and it's a fair bit cheaper!!

Fosse Foxfight
23-07-2004, 10:02 AM
what you need is a quilted anorak some brown crimpolene kecks and a nice pait of grey brogues.
Alternatively you could go with the duffel coat with turquoise chunky cords.

Nah, if ya want the urban look its gotta be one of the helicopter styled helmets.
Top of the tree is Momo - http://www.momodesign.com/eng/home_eng.html

the Komposit is Fookin gorgeous, but the devil is rather wikkid too.

Another decent priced one is the Roof Roadster, even the Roof full faces can look ok for the Urban look.

And another is the Draxtar P-104 available from http://www.moto-plus-accessories at around 100 quid.

Then all you need is a decent combat jacket that dont fill like a hot air balloon :p
Stick with a decent pair of leather jeans tho and Sidis are compulsory.

Then you gotta get a ****ty stick :D

Hope this helps

Sean