PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Bike Show 2004

Duncan
18-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Right.............

Bristol Bike Show is on SATURDAY 21ST AUGUST 2004.

Its a 1 day ride in Street show in the Historic St Nicholas Market area of the City. It runs from about 9ish till about 4.30pm.

Once again we have a club stand.

Last year we took Best Club Stand and Best in Show!!
We exhibited 35 bikes.
We had a good day out.
We made and renewed lots of friendships.

I am taking entries for this year. I want to top last years entry if possible.

Let me know if youre coming either here or by PM
Include
Bike CC
Model Year
Model
Colour
Details of any modifications.

Anyone entered gets a freebie gift from the organisers (MAG), entry is free and its open to everyone. Its about you, the entrants, not about vastly overpriced custom bikes or over restored Classics that never turn a wheel. Its run by bikers for bikers. Not run by promotion companies for a profit. Its about showing the general public what bikings about. Its about whatever you want to get from it.

see link

http://www.thebristolbikeshow.org.uk/Homepage/Homepageframeset.htm

CK & AK
18-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Stick us both down to go please Duncan - will send info if you like - but I think you know our 2 horrors :lol:

C :)

NattyBoy
18-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Great day last year (and the finest coffee i have ever tasted in that street market off some lityle italian bloke!!)

Will take my S4R as the ickle 600 is off to pastures new on saturday :(

Im sure you know, but black '04. Termis/ECU/filter kit, DP short rear tray, hugger, belly pan, DP mirrors...blah blah..!!

Cheers
Nat

Ruth
23-07-2004, 12:11 PM
me & jue too!

(she'll pm you the info, all i know is they look pretty and sound fantastic)

JMo
01-08-2004, 10:10 AM
169 miles to Bristol from Brighton, that's each bloody way!

Anyway, as Smeegal is likely to be shinier than ever by then, sounds like a perfect opportunity to show off a bit...

Bike CC - 620
Model Year - 02
Model - Monster (you fool!) - ok, 620ie then...
Colour - Blue and brighter than a bright thing, that has just been mirror polished...
Details of any modifications. you know the puppy - only moreso... x

See you there!

JennyMo

xxx

logyk
03-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Please put me down .

Bike CC: 996
Model Year: 2005
Model: S4R
Colour: Black
Details of any modifications: High level termi kit,open billet clutch cover and billet sprocket cover,single seat unit and racing type fairing/screen

Looking forward to it :cool:

Julie
04-08-2004, 06:28 AM
us as well.......

Julie
Dark (WITHOUT TAIL CHOP)
620is
5500mles

Ruth
Red (WITHOUT TAIL CHOP)
31000 miles

steviej
04-08-2004, 07:50 AM
"I was looking for a rhyme for the New York Times, when I sensed I was not alone - she said "Do you know how to spell 'audaciously'?", I could tell I was in love..."

JennyMo

xxx

Is that Lloyd Cole by any chance ?? Charles street or summat like that ??

peteS4
04-08-2004, 10:37 AM
i'll be there

Bike CC 2000
Model Year 1997
Model 306 gti6
Colour white
Details of any modifications. shag swing in back

better than not showing up at all.......... also if you read this steve (madhatter) if you and elly ride down but end up buying anything.......... i'll run it home for ya in boot

madhatter
04-08-2004, 10:56 AM
I need to just make 100% sure that I haven't double booked anything else, but provisionally, book me in.....it sounds a real good day from what the "FatBloke" chappy was saying the other night at the Tawny Owl!

Bike CC: 750
Model Year: 1997
Model: Monster 750
Colour: Silver and Black
Details of any modifications. All aesthetic; bellypan, flyscreen, performance mirrors, carbon sidepanels, 2002 teatray with 2002 front and rear indicators, ART exhausts, home brew Corse decal and pinstriping etc...

If anyone from the Beds, Herts, Bucks areas want to join up and make a hell of a lot of noise all the way to Bristol, please let me know.. :twisted: :burnout:

Dave Pearson
04-08-2004, 02:14 PM
I'll be there.

CC = 916
Year = 2003
Model = S4
Colour = Senna
standard apart from CF clutch cover, unless Stuart (Spareshack) gets back to me in the near future :rolleyes:

Dave

JMo
04-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Is that Lloyd Cole by any chance ?? Charles street or summat like that ??

Indeed - close, look at my location...

xxx

steviej
04-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Indeed - close, look at my location...

xxx

:lol: :D :lol:

Stu Wright
04-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I hope to be there (maybe just A.M.):

S4R
Blue
Sil Cans (disguised as Termi's), cat conversion & Belly Pan.

Duncan
04-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Be good to see the lot of you.
Stu, where are you in Bristol? We have a few locals, me in Downend, Fred in Oldland Common, JR in Thornbury and Snakey in Ashton and it would be good to see you out on a few rides.

Stu Wright
04-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi Duncan

I'm in Bradley Stoke, yeah sounds good I'll have to meet up with you lot for a ride out sometime.

JR
04-08-2004, 10:12 PM
For those who dont know - last year Duncans bike won best in show even though it is an everyday workhorse with mega miles for a Ducati. Some of the bikes at the show must have cost a bomb, but voting was done by the visitors, so a real award for a real everyday bike, and a tribute to Duncan who puts a lot of effort into the show along with arranging ride outs throughout the year.

JR

JR

benson
08-08-2004, 04:01 PM
:lol: I'll be coming too -

Bike M900ie 2002
Dark (but not for much longer...) :cool:
Mods - performance in terms of the DP exhaust system and power commander and new fully adjustable suspension (lots of twiddling and bouncing going on I can tell you!!! :D )
Aesthetic in terms of pretty much everything else :p - DP mirrors, Rizoma clock, DP fluid reservoirs (ooooeerr matron), Open clutch cover & pusher plate (black) and stainless springs, Rizoma rearsets, Larger master cylinder which is a shiny golden colour to match the gold spangly rear hoop, LED rear lights and rather lovely little front indicators which I could stare at for hours.

Yes I am sad. :D

See you there - will watch out for directions from Esses - rather a long way for a day but hell, what are hotels for???

Rachel

Duncan
08-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Rachel

Karen has kindly offered us the use of her PUB function room and skittles alley for anyone happy to bring a sleeping bag. Theres about a dozen 'camping it up' so far and of course being resident in a pub, you get the benefits of late hours etc.

The pubs 20 miles up the road, in the Cotswolds and ideally placed for a nice ride home on Sunday. Let me know if interested.

benson
08-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Sounds grand - better go and buy a sleeping bag!!!! :o

Meanwhile will get the mapquest searching and see everyone there!!!

R ;)

Runningman
09-08-2004, 10:17 AM
I shall be there

Bike: S4
Year: 2002
Colour: Senna
Engine: 916 (obviously)
Mods: High level sils
Dislikes: Being left alone

Chris
09-08-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm hoping to come down, but not definate yet, hopeful though.

Bike: M900ie
Year: 2001
Colour: Dark (but now Red!)
Engine: 900cc
Mods: Quite a few, exhaust (depends if I'm carrying a passenger), wheels, rearsets, clip-ons, red tank & cowl, numerous carbon bits, slipper clutch, tail chop, Ohlins shock, etc...

Dave Pearson
09-08-2004, 03:04 PM
I'll be there.

CC = 916
Year = 2003
Model = S4
Colour = Senna
standard apart from CF clutch cover, unless Stuart (Spareshack) gets back to me in the near future :rolleyes:

Dave

Just ordered some low level carbon Marving cans from Stuart, so my S4 should no longer sound like the proverbial 'sewing machine' :twisted:
Just got to work out how to explain it to the missus :eek:

benson
09-08-2004, 04:44 PM
:D
OK - here's a tip from someone who has in the past spent a lot of time trying to explain away those little purchases that make monsters so so so much more lovely.

1. Deny everything.
2. Say they were a present from someone in the club.
3. Pretend you are borrowing them.
4. Buy flowers then tell the truth.
5. Tell the truth and live with the consequences.

Having just bought a CBR400 (collecting it on Thursday) after swearing NO MORE RACING I have three days to explain another bike on the drive. I will be going through the options listed above and then buying a tent...

R
;)

PS - will be good to see you RUnningman - how are you and Kim???

Runningman
09-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Blimey, no wonder your signature says so many bikes!

Kim & I are fine thanks, but you can ask her yourself as she is threatning to ride pillion to the Ace on Thursday. Look forward to seeing you (both?) their.

Racing? I never knew; I look forward to hearing more.
R

Banshee
09-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Elmo and myself are poppin down to put a few more faces to names, but due to a little miss hap i shall be walkin down, might carry helmet to look the part or should that read pratt? see ya all there. :o

Dave Pearson
09-08-2004, 06:08 PM
:D
OK - here's a tip from someone who has in the past spent a lot of time trying to explain away those little purchases that make monsters so so so much more lovely.

1. Deny everything.
2. Say they were a present from someone in the club.
3. Pretend you are borrowing them.
4. Buy flowers then tell the truth.
5. Tell the truth and live with the consequences.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
All good suggestions, I'm not sure which one to go for, or whether to just fall back on the "it was the voices in my head that made me do it" approach. :lol:
Oh well, better start scouring the 'accomodation to let' section of the local rag.....

benson
09-08-2004, 11:06 PM
All good stuff - :p will be good to meet up again on Thursday night - as I said I will be leaving from East London 7.30 ish so if anyone wants to meet up en route great if not I'll see y'all there!!! :burnout:

Meanwhile racing is simply a pipe dream - the cbr is to replace the blade which i parted company with this year - the 400 seemed a more friendly and less obvious option - maybe I can pass it off as a paperweight!!!

See you there!!!

R and the collection of bikes and irreconcilable debts..... :o

BoozyBOB
09-08-2004, 11:24 PM
as i had such a great time last year..(with a M600).. :cool:
i will be there again..
this time with M800Sie( 04 yellow) and i will bring the sleeping bag for the kind offer ...(i hope i can bring the Hampsters) :lol:

Collie_dog
15-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Ohh ohh put me down!!

Bike CC - 600
Model Year - 1995
Model - Il Monstro 600
Colour - Blue with a lovely gold frame!
Details of any modifications -Sparkly clocks, an original JMo (that's a tail chop to you and i) art cans, micro indicators, Rizoma mirrors...ummmm model matching number plate...ummm no that's it for now!!

Fodder will be along on his Ducati as well if that's ok....

Bike CC - 800
Model Year - 2003
Model - SS800ie
Colour - Yummm Ducati red!
Details - well it's not at P & H being fixed under warranty again, so that's a good start i guess!! :D

Can't wait see you there!

Julie
16-08-2004, 05:46 AM
we are coming dunc, but wont be able to stop the night.should be with yo early in the morning.
x

Benny
16-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Hi Duncan is Benny here, Just would let you know that I will be at the Bristol Bike Show on SATURDAY 21ST AUGUST 2004.

Mi bike is a Monster 620ie Dark, one year old, just few modifications done so far: tail trimmed, Performance pipes, carbofiber mirrors and mudguard.

Could you let me know where you will meet and at what time?

Thank you.

Ceers.

Benny.

Mand
16-08-2004, 01:12 PM
I'll be there, as long as it ain't pi**ing it down too much.

620ie
Yellow
Mods - very shiny pipes? Okay then, perhaps not then...

See you all on Saturday.

Mandos the Martian.

robht
16-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Me too...

Bike CC - 1000
Model Year - 2003
Model - M1000 sie
Colour - nice 'n' Blue
Details of any modifications - Highlevel Termis, Carbon Fibre here & there, Multistrada mirrors etc.

Cheers,
Rob

Duncan
17-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Right the arrangements.

The show starts Saturday 21st Aug at about 9.30 with bikes arriving from about 9am.
Its in St Nicholas Markets area of central Bristol, just off St Nicholas St and Baldwin Street. Just find the city centre and ask a policeman / follow the signs.

The end of the road is barricaded off, just ride in and we are up an alleyway facing Seamus O Donnells Irish pub and very close to the Pink Elephant Gay Bar.

For those coming from further afield there is the opportunity to get in later but it gets a bit crowded and you will have to say that you are booked in with the Monsters or you will get redirected elsewhere. For all those club members, even if you are only coming for a few hours, find the stand and we will put your bike on it as this guarantees security.

The show ends about 4.30 with a presentation and then its off home.

Anyone wanting after show accomodation please confirm with me asap. Call my mobile on 07768 338706.

I am working away now till Friday night so any urgent stuff please phone me.

Otherwise see you there and safe journey's to you all.

Duncan

Julie
17-08-2004, 11:23 AM
and very close to the Pink Elephant Gay Bar.

home from home for us then!

Runningman
17-08-2004, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=Duncan]very close to the Pink Elephant Gay Bar.

Will I be OK wearing my tassled leather jacket?

Banshee
17-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Dont do it my friend...... :eek:

Duncan
18-08-2004, 11:21 PM
I shant be bending over to tie my shoelaces in t' Pink Heffelump thats for certain and wont be visiting the Gents neither but if Julie wants to buy me a drink then I wont say no.

CK & AK
19-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Hotel booked Duncan, will be down for Friday night now - so gissa bell in the morning to get us out of bed!! :D - 2 mins ride from show.....

C, now planning on larging it up on fri night in Bristol :rolleyes:

Julie
19-08-2004, 11:23 AM
...down At The Pink Elephant Then Ck???

CK & AK
19-08-2004, 11:36 AM
...down At The Pink Elephant Then Ck???

Well - you did ask me to recce it for you Julie!! ;)

Will let you know on Sat if worth a 2nd look....... :D

C :twisted:

Dave Pearson
20-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Sorry folks, but I cannot make it now. My step-daughter was taken into Derriford hospital today with chest pains, and with her history of heart problems (2 triple bypass ops) they are keeping her in for tests/obs.

I'm sure she'll be fine, but I'm gutted about missing the show, it was a cracker last year...........
Have fun, and please post some piccies up :)

Dave

Duncan
21-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Firstly, thanks to everyone who came today.

You are all stars. You ARE the Bristol Bike Show.

We had about 28 bikes turn up a very impressive line up indeed.

No major mishaps but a few minor hassles for the long distance travellers.

Great weather, after endless showery days, the clouds rolled back and wall to wall sunshine.

We narrowly missed best club stand but in the following categories there were well deserved winners.

Best Roadster - JMO
Best Engineering - AK
Best Paint - AK
Best Streetfighter - AK

BEST IN SHOW - AK

WELL DONE ALL OF YOU. WELL DONE THE PRIZE WINNERS AND SEE YOU ALL IN 12 MONTHS TIME

benson
21-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Well done for what sounds like a great sahow - I'm sorry :( I didn't make it but I was stuck in an airport waiting for a flight that didn't want to turn up - eventually got in in the wee small hours and was just too knackered to make the journey - but it sounds like and blast and heres to the next one.

fatbloke
21-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Great show
Great venue
Great company
Great to see so many members
Great day

Thanks to Duncan for sorting it
well done Alan and Jen for scooping a total of 5 prizes
and thanks Martin (runningman) for your company on the ride down.

Terry

ps I told you I'd ordered the weather

Julie
21-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Top banana day Thank you to Dunc for sorting it all out. Sorry we couldnt stop for drinks with you in the pint elephant.

Well done Jen and Alan!!!!

Shame we didnt get best stand tho.

Top day, Top Bikes and Top people.

I'll post some photos tomorrow....right now i need bath and bed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

270 mile round trip

BoozyBOB
21-08-2004, 09:15 PM
:) another great day :lol:
thanks Duncan for getting it going..
thanks Fatbloke for bringing the sunshine..
thanks CK&AK for keeping me company on the way home(and thanks for helping me find my rev limiter..naughty CK&AK)..
and a big well done to the winners :bunny:

JMo
21-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Top day out indeed - thanks Duncan (and Co in Bristol for sorting signs/banners etc.), and to everyone who turned out in fine form - and to the fatman for the weather of course (can you imagine him doing the naked dance?! yikes!)

Great run up for the Sussexites (of course, ahem) - indeed, the three bleary faces, all aglow with the morning sun, stared westward towards their destination... and there was much hoonage...

Swapped MartinS4 for Collie & Fodder on the way home, and had a real blast across the top of Salisbury plain, and the A272 home (great to ride that Cowdray Park bit without being baulked with traffic for once eh?)...

Nice to see pretty much a clean sweep across the board trophy wise too (lets face it, we were never going to win 'Scooter', but I'm surprised noone voted Smeegal for 'Off-Roader'...ahem, and if Ade had been there, I'm sure we'd have got 'Rat Bike' too!) - I missed the presentation (manning the stand with FB), but can imagine how embarressing it was for Fodder collecting one trophy after another on AK's behalf - good job they bought a big rucksack with them eh?

Oh, and I couldn't help but notice that neither winning bike had a tea tray...

xxx

Julie
22-08-2004, 06:18 AM
Some Photos from yesterdays show x

Julie
22-08-2004, 06:20 AM
and a few more...

Julie
22-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Oh, and I couldn't help but notice that neither winning bike had a tea tray...

xxx

I think the public felt sorry for the monsters that had been hacked at,
so they thought they better vote for you xxx

Julie
22-08-2004, 09:08 AM
some more photos

Julie
22-08-2004, 09:14 AM

JMo
22-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I think the public felt sorry for the monsters that had been hacked at, so they thought they better vote for you xxx

That's right peanut, of course they did...

xxx

Julie
22-08-2004, 05:44 PM
That's right peanut, of course they did...

xxx
Oh Ho ho ho ho
spose you think you are funny do you?

Mystic Mind Reading Mo!

peteS4
22-08-2004, 06:41 PM
i had a lovely day at bristol........... wasnt to sure what to expect..... saw some old faces........... 1 was very old bless him :eek: :eek: :eek: also some new faces........... great weather, the drive down with chappers was fun.......... the pair of us rocking all the way in the car to linkin park !!!!! then on way home she got herself a nice new shiny yellow ducati corse helmet. its cool................

hope you all got home safe...... and to all that know of the openday.......... lets get it sorted..... look in the national events and see main thread........... sam is already in, i know jenny, julie and mand are in......... think of it as another rutland type ride.......... get a group and make a day of it...............

CK & AK
23-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Havent been able to get onto the forum since we got back on Sat night :eek:

Just to say a very big thankyou to Duncan for yet again organising a great day. Sorry we had to leave a bit early.

Alan is chuffed to have won three sections - and also the overall best bike: He rode the last bit home with a stupid look on his face, after your phone call Duncan :D :D .........sorry Bob, think the exuberance had set in! :lol:

Lovely to catch up with some peeps we havent seen for a while - Julie, Ruth, Mand, JR to mention just a few - and also a few new faces too.

C

NattyBoy
23-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Yep..nice one duncan...terry said you were waiting in the pink elephant for me in your leather hotpants...sorry but I just couldnt bring myself to go in there .... :lol:

Nat

Runningman
23-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Bit late...but I want express my thanks to Duncan & (Mrs Duncan) for organising things, the winners jmo & AK, and Fatbloke for waiting for me.

I still can't understand how I didn't win anything, but it was a great day.

Nice to see you all again, and a special hello to the UKMOC's very own italian job, Roberto.

Ciao

Chappers
23-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Excellent day out, loved putting the faces to the wacky names, gorgeous bikes and just generally a brilliant day! :D

Here's the few pics I captured on my camera before it died on me :(

madhatter
23-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Looks like an excellent and enjoyable day was had by all, nice to see in the photographs that it was so well supported, and people clearly enjoyed their time together!

As you may have already read on my other post, I am just waiting for my custom paint job to dry and then I will be entering for "Best In Show" next year.

Still Pi55ed off, but the red mist of rage is starting to clear slightly.. :mad:

I won't be on my bike at Clophill this week, for anyone who is going I hope that the bloody rain eases up a bit!

Chappers
23-08-2004, 10:49 AM
I won't be on my bike at Clophill this week, for anyone who is going I hope that the bloody rain eases up a bit!

You are coming though, right? :(

cerebus
23-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Sorry couldn't resist :)

Chappers
23-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Sorry couldn't resist :)

I'm sooo loving that caption!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Duncan
23-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Yep..nice one duncan...terry said you were waiting in the pink elephant for me in your leather hotpants...sorry but I just couldnt bring myself to go in there .... :lol:

Nat

Kev, Karen, Ben and me made it into the Pink Elephant. Got you a nice Pink Gin and you never showed. There was real fear in Kevs eyes, he kept his jacket buttoned to the neck and got the eye from a couple of leather fetishists at the bar.
We stood up and sang YMCA, then Julie, Ruth and Mand came in to check out the action.

I left your phone number with a couple of blokes who chatted me up at the bar, said I was called Nathan and legged it, so expect some Red Hot Gay Action over the next few weeks Nattyboy.

NattyBoy
23-08-2004, 08:10 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BoozyBOB
24-08-2004, 01:07 AM
aahhh...wondered why A had a grin all the way from Marlborough.... :lol:
..just as well there was no trophy for 'away from the Newbury lights'...( :eek: i was s*&%tin it)...hope you enjoyed the ride back as much as i did... :twisted:
see you soon CK&AK..xx