PDA

View Full Version : jubilee clips

A Yerbury
17-07-2004, 01:52 PM
have had no joy finding the 4 for the box - carbs as they are narrower than the standard jobbies. any ideas?

norrie
17-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Ducati dealer.

A Yerbury
17-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Ducati dealer.

well I d never thought of that one! jhp (20% over retail according to nattyboy)coventry are fine but having got a few bits there already this week (including brush kit without one very important part hmpf) Im just after something a bit cheaper -yes I know how much can jubilee s cost etc- like the headlights, Ive been told that Beemers also use narrower clips? Its not essential anyway Im just having a bit of a tidy up.
cheers-apologies if I sounded sarcy by the way!
Alex

norrie
17-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Well you did ask.
Surely jubile clips cant be that dear.
I got new brakeline washers for the braided hose kit I got of Nat and for there normal aftermarket ones 15p each but only 5p each for genuine Ducati ones so you dont know until you ask.

Norrie.

A Yerbury
17-07-2004, 08:41 PM
of course, and no doubt I shall be calling them soon! I just like to have a sniff about and -rather sadly I know- If I can save a few pennies then somehow I feel Ive cheated the "man"!! those pennies all add up ya know! incidently 10p is a good saving but I doubt very much ducati actually made the washer :)
Alex -shylock- yerbury

crust
17-07-2004, 09:32 PM
BMW's do have the narrower jubilee clips but I dont think they go to a big enough diameter to fit over the carbs.

Measure the diameter and try:

www.motobins.co.uk

www.motorworks.co.uk

they both do cheap BMW spares and will keep the standard clips. They dont do Ducatis though so you'll need the size details

:) Crust

A Yerbury
17-07-2004, 10:54 PM
cheers crusty. I shall be making enquiries (inc ducati coventry :))
AY

A Yerbury
20-07-2004, 02:52 PM
motorworks bmw 50p ducati cov 93p plus vat. I hope no one will take the micky re my non ducati jubilee clips!
cheers again mr crust.

M900Dom
12-08-2004, 06:51 PM
have had no joy finding the 4 for the box - carbs as they are narrower than the standard jobbies. any ideas?

I Ran all Mine up on the polishing mop ;)
They came up better than new

Dom "not really a Tart honest" ;) :D

A Yerbury
12-08-2004, 07:32 PM
tried that D but they were well n truly knackered belive me! the bm ones are fine.