PDA

View Full Version : Baines or not?

Taman
13-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Hi all,

Wanted to get opinions on Baines as a place to get my 2001 900 Dark serviced. I'm based in Warwick so would be pretty convenient. Had previously had done in London at Daytona, but wasn't impressed at all - didn't really seem to know what they were doing.

Bike seems to be running OK, except that sometimes seems to feel like it misses a beat (around 4000 revs?) Feels almost like the electrics to the fuel injection cut out for a mili-second, then back to normal.

The guys who did my power commander mapping (for road racing side exhaust) noticed this and reckoned that it just happened at times, but unsure and would like to get fixed if possible. Or is this just a bit of a gremlin that I shouldn't worry about as could cost a fortune to track down....

Best, Taman

Gizmo
13-07-2004, 04:30 PM
One of my mates always goes to Baines, they look after his S4, prior to that his 851 and 900SS. they are only service place he trusts, from what I can tell they really know their Ducatis and have sorted his injection and suspension.

walkingpictures
13-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Used to get my 916 serviced at Baines - speak to John,he knows his stuff - might be a bit expensive compared to some places but never had any trouble with them.They also sorted my mates Guzzi Daytona RS out but like Gizmo says,they definately know Ducatis.

Kimbo :)

Pit Bitch
13-07-2004, 05:51 PM
I've known John & Jeff for years, through racing mostly. I've never heard anything said against them, even though I don't go there myself, only because of the distance though. If there's a problem with your bike, they will get to the bottom of it that's for sure. :bunny:

NattyBoy
13-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Top reputation, but you pay for it.

Nat

Pit Bitch
13-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Isn't that true of everything in life. If it's free, it's usually not worth having, top stuff costs top dosh. It's worth getting it done properly in the first place though otherwise how much time and money does it cost to have it put right. You pay for what you get. Ducati's need TLC ... constantly. It's what makes them roarrrrrr! :twisted:

NattyBoy
13-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Sorry...sounded like a cheap skate there !!! Spose what I was trying to say is that I know if other (equally good) places whicg are more competitive..unfortunatley the one im thinking of is in bristol if you fancy a ride !!!
Also Baines are consistently more expensive for parts in my experience (I was quoted £121 from Steve for a 916 battery, I got the same (varta) item for £65 from bristol batteries !!!! :eek:

Cheers
Nat

LesPaul
13-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Might be worth checking out this place as a alternative www.cornerspeed.co.uk highly recomended :D

Darren

NattyBoy
13-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Yep..Neil @ cornerspeed is very good.. :)

Nat

Taman
14-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback - sounds like I should give them a go! Will put cornerspeed in the addressbook also...