PDA

View Full Version : Invite to UKMOC to a Ducati only trackday

CK & AK
13-07-2004, 01:01 PM
The DSC are having a Ducati only trackday on Fri 10th Sept at Rockingham, Northants.

All UKMOC'ers are cordially invited to attend by Monty if they wish. Most of you will know WJB (Wee Johnny Boy) as one of your instuctors from the UKMOC day at Mallory - well, he is instructing again this day too. :D

You can find the booking-in form here:

http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=9727&pid=79097

Map to find track: http://www.rockingham.co.uk/directions.cfm

but please act quickly, as places are filling up.

CK

CK & AK
14-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Have had mail in this morning - there is no rule to having to join the DSC - this is waived for this trackday. :D

I'm signed up - as is quite a few others from here now :cool:

C

psychlist
14-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Special offer of a lo-cost lycra clad brolly dolly just for the day too :bunny:

CK & AK
14-07-2004, 12:15 PM
OY! :mad:

Thought you were doing that for me!!!! :D

Banshee
17-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Any objections to me going?

Albie
17-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Ok im coming them but dont run me off the track CK :eek: and dont take the **** if your quicker cos i dont care right got it :rolleyes:

CK & AK
18-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Banshee - my little friend - who could poss object to you going.... just the mere thought of your sweet little bottom perched on your bike, just in front of me..... ;)

Albie! :eek: running people off a track??? - moi? - am insulted now :p

See you both then - if not before

C :burnout:

fatbloke
19-07-2004, 09:09 AM
its a very kind offer and Rockingham is a great circuit.
we are always happy to help out the DSC
ps dont let WJB borrow your bike

CK & AK
19-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Tis not a help out Terry, they saw the posts about the Mallory day (couldnt miss it really, due to lots of ribbing about WJB on both clubs message boards :D )

As some already know: the DSC run trackdays regularly for members - and they thought some monster riders would like to have the chance to do something similar again, at our 3rd one of the year, before winter sets in :burnout: - and with just other Ducati bikes too.

CK :)

Plum
19-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Hmmm. Thinking about this one. Has anyone done a track day there before? If so, whats your honest opinion. Also, coming from the little island, can anyone tell me where bouts it is as i would like to work out how many miles i am doing.

Ta

fatbloke
19-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Tis not a help out Terry, they saw the posts about the Mallory day (couldnt miss it really, due to lots of ribbing about WJB on both clubs message boards :D )

As some already know: the DSC run trackdays regularly for members - and they thought some monster riders would like to have the chance to do something similar again, at our 3rd one of the year, before winter sets in :burnout: - and with just other Ducati bikes too.

CK :)

Must have hit a raw nerve there
1hr and 41 mins CK your getting slow I thought you would been on my case much quicker.
If you remember the DSC made a few light hearted comments about UKMOC
not being able to fill our track day I just thought i would be light hearted in
return,

Plum
19-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Off my last post as i have now seen the map. I have made a trip similar to this many time, but only as far as Billing Aquadrome. Does anybody know how much further up i have to go to get to it?

L

CK & AK
19-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Bout an hour I think Plum - but AK could confirm that when I see him tonight, unless someone else helps out before then.

C :)

Plum
19-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Many thanks C. I really would like to check this out but it really has to be worth my while as it costs soooooooooooo much to get off the rock. Hmmm what a dilema!

nik_the_brief
19-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Try getting yourself a route planner from http://www.theaa.com (it's free - in the travel and leisure section).

It'll give you the exact mileage and an average journey time (in a car in quiet traffic). :burnout:

lizzie
21-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Lizzie here, my first posting although I have to confess to hanging around here when things are slow on the DSC board. I'm a little shy, see... Anyway, I'm the one taking the bookings for the DSC Track Attack 3.

Rules are: ride a Ducati - anyone welcome. DSC members - ride anything (the thinking being that a few own track bikes but all will appreciate how much their Dukes mean to everyone and will ride accordingly). So you won't need to join the club - unless of course you want to - in which case I'll happily relieve you of an extra £20.

We've several Monster riders booked up already, so hope to see some more of you there.

Lizzie

marchesini
22-07-2004, 09:05 AM
We've several Monster riders booked up already, so hope to see some more of you there.

Lizzie

Lizzie, did you receive my cheque under the name of marchesini? Looking forward to it.

best regards

simon

martin b
23-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Lizzie
will send you the cheque in the middle of next month
going to have to work a cople of sat to get the day off
so hopefully see you all there.

martin b :D :D

martin b
03-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Cheque is on its way .

So hopefully there are still some spaces left

Martin b :D :D

CK & AK
03-08-2004, 12:57 PM
see you there then Martin :D
- AK is bringing out yet another of his creations there too! (hopefully.... for him... :rolleyes: if done in time.... )

C :)

Spanner
06-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Wouldn't happen to be a wee vifffffffer would it? Can I have a go? Can I have a go? Can I have a go? Pleeeeaaasse

CK & AK
06-08-2004, 04:04 PM
its a proper coloured bike D

...its RED!!!! :cool: :D

CK & AK
01-09-2004, 07:04 PM
:burnout: Looking like all systems go here - to get the '399' finished for next Friday.

Hopefully will have firing on all four later tonight :bunny: then its 'just' the paint work to be done...... :rolleyes:

Looking forwards to seeing peeps next week :D - seems like the novice & inters is full - only a few spaces left in the Fast group.....

Whooppeeeeeeeee - cant wait! :D (especially to see the look on AK's face when I go bowling past :twisted: - what is he like - viffer v monster?)

C

Spanner
01-09-2004, 08:17 PM
You'll only be barrelling past if he paints it the wrong colour, ie RED. Yellow is technically faster, cos I said so. So there!!! No arguments!! Anyway I've heard the 399 only comes in one colour, which is YELLOW. The proper colour!!!

If Alan paints it the proper colour we can rename the two of you Roobarb and Custard! One red, one yellow!!

I suppose the other reason for barrelling past could be if one or more of his cylinders decides to go to sleep.

Either way. Lets hope for a great day. Could do with some fun at the moment.

Doug