PDA

View Full Version : Ugly, Ugly Little Plastic Bits!!

madhatter
13-07-2004, 11:58 AM
On either side of the frame on my 750, under the petrol tank are two triangular ugly pieces of bluey/grey plastic that I beleive house the breather pipes. These look absolute crap! :mad:

Has anyone got any tips regarding replacing them or removing them or just unbolting them and cable tie-ing them somewhere else. :confused:

What do you Chaps with stripped down Monsters suggest??? :)

Pedro
13-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Go have a look at www.ducatisuite.com - all you need to know about removing them.

Ped

madhatter
13-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Thanks Pedro, But, I've had a look and still can't find them under "modifications" or "performace", where abouts are they hidden?????

manc skank
13-07-2004, 01:10 PM
http://www.ducatisuite.com/pods.html

here you go dude :D

madhatter
13-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Ahhh.....Pods....now why didn't I think of that...I'm putting searches for breather pipes, breather housings, breather assemblies...........Pods!!!

Got it, printed it off, now gimme dat fekin screwdriver.... :mad:

Has anyone else done this Pod Mod and have you had any problems since doing it??????

A Yerbury
13-07-2004, 06:39 PM
took mine off and just ran the breathers elsewhere. then took the so called carb warmers off and run the starter wire round the left. All I now have on the right is the little oil pressure wire. soon to be moved. here we go from the standard brigade "we love the pods, they re so cute etc.." :)
Alex.
ps ducati next time make the sodding starter mo easier to remove.

steviej
13-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Removal of said objects??...............Piece o' ****!! :eek: :eek:

Running problems after??................No!! :D :D :D :D :D

steviej
13-07-2004, 07:14 PM
...............ps ducati next time make the sodding starter mo easier to remove.

Couldn't agree more Mr Yerbs, took three screws out of mine, gave it a tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap and off it came. Through the F**KIN bearing housing for the commutator end. :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:
Three said screws happened to be two mounting screws and 'a' another. :rolleyes:
Quoted £375 for a new one :eek:
Got a second hand one for £80 :p