PDA

View Full Version : new to ducati, need advice

john bingham
13-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Have recently become the proud owner of a beautiful M600 dark and would like to talk to other owners about a concern of mine. It may be nothing but do all Monsters have a lot of engine noise ie rattles ect, am i just being parranoid with my new bike or have i a problem. If any one can help please get in touch. Plus it would be good to meet other owners of these fantastic bikes.

peteS4
13-07-2004, 11:04 AM
i'm sure lots of other people will tell you this but yes, they make a rattle........... the way to check its a good rattle is pull in the cluch with engine running........ it should reduce in noise.............. its the dry clutch.. or so i'm told...........

PaulS
13-07-2004, 11:13 AM
PeteS4 is right about the dry clutches being noisy - unfortunately your bike has a wet clutch! Even so, Ducati engines are generally noisier (rattly) than the sewing machine four cylinder engines you get in Jap bikes. I believe there are other active members of UKMOC in Lincolnshire and the Leicester bunch (who seem very active!) aren't too far away from you so you could meet up with them to compare engine rattles to put your mind at rest.

Drucilla
13-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Ride over to the 6 Hills on a Tuesday night, John or look out for Leicestershire events. You can compare rattles with us all

A Yerbury
13-07-2004, 11:32 AM
the belts rattle a bit, drown it out with the "sweet music" of a pair of sils.

lox
16-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Hello mate, Pooh is your man in Lincolnshire and his Mrs has a 600 ;) if no joy there there's a few of us around Hull :eek:
just give us a nod :)
Rich :burnout:

john bingham
20-07-2004, 07:39 PM
:D Thanks to all who replied with advice. Went to Italia and was told the problem is not a problem just a bit of piston noise. So thanks again and hope to meet some of you somewhen.

pooh
25-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi John
Welcome to the area glad to hear you are sorted the guys at Italia are good so you can enjoy the experiance without any worries. Look forward to meeting you at some point in the future. Keep an eye out for meets in the future and I will let you know if there are any meets down your way.

Ian