PDA

View Full Version : S4R Huggers advice

NattyBoy
12-07-2004, 09:27 PM
To whom its of interest...apparently the QB one doesnt fit very well, and the DP one isnt available yet, and I dont know about you, but protecting the back of the casing/shock was pretty high on my agenda !!

The only other solution was a prototype (DP moulded) item that stu had at spareshack. Good news..qualitys superb, and its £60 cheaper than the QB one. Bad news, theres nothing with it..no brackets, holes drilled..nothing !!!

Anyway, thought id take a flyer and try to knock something up. A mate of mine got me some 22mm bendy p clips (fork lift truck spares!), and they were perfect!! They were nice and bendy so you can mould them around the swingarm, and even come with a rubber sleeve to protect the swingram ! Just drilled a slit in the hugger with my dremel thingy, slid the end of the p clip in..drilled another couple of holes to the top of the hugger, and bolted the p clips in place.

Then cut the p clips to length, drilled the other end and used the bolts the hold the brackets in place that secure the rear brake line. Finished off with a cable tie to the rear end. Also got some highly adhesive car interior foam strips from a contact in Jaguar which will damp out any vibration and stop the hugger from rubbing anywhere.

A lot of arsing about, but well worth it. I got caught out in the rain a couple of times when I had my new 916, and it was never the same when all the crud got down the back of the casings and in the shock.

I know some of you may be thinking by now .. 'eckin 'ell that sounds like a right bodge' but it looks good as I hope youll agree when you see the photos !!

Ive took a few reference photos, and if anyone would like help or advice, then please shout !!

P.S Please forgive the state of it..I havent had chance to clean it yet with all the ****ty weather !!

Cheers
Nat

Albie
12-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Shame about first photo :rolleyes: You should write haynes manuals. Pukka job nat :D

NattyBoy
12-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Attaching sodding photos does my tree in Albie.. :lol: Resized them and all that..dont know why the first one came out shoddy...sorry guys...I can always e-mail the proper ones !

Nat

Albie
12-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Had a look at this Nat . www.ducatimonster.org :D

Pedro
12-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Oi! Soft Lad!

email me the photos and I'll sort them out! Those are sh*te! If you wana post something up, send em to me first!! Bloody amateur..... :D

BTW - answer your pm list!

Ped

NattyBoy
12-07-2004, 09:48 PM
If only I was as good with IT as selling bog roll and negotiating blinding deals on DP gear Ped ... :D :lol:

mikef4uk
12-07-2004, 09:54 PM
www.desmoworld.de do one very similar to the DP one,they also have a pic of a very mean looking S4R

Pedro
12-07-2004, 10:11 PM
If only I was as good with IT as selling bog roll and negotiating blinding deals on DP gear Ped ... :D :lol:

Ok, ok, send me your piccies, I'll do em for you!

Just sort those bits out I PM'd you about!!

Ped