PDA

View Full Version : Another New Tail On An Old Monster

madhatter
09-07-2004, 08:09 PM
With the rain finally holding off, today I have mostly been fitting my new curvy tea-tray to my old 750 Monster. :)

Once the old one was off, just two new holes had to be drilled to get it in place. The only problem I had was the manky electrical connections on the indicators and lights that kept playing about. I had the damn thing together and apart three times. :mad:

Finally, hooray, indicators, number plate light, rear light etc all functioning as they should do. With everything finally tightened up, I am well chuffed with the final result. :D

I'll try to put a before and after photo on, but I'm not sure if it will work!

Thanks to Jayne, Julie & Ruth, and Yorkie for your advice.

Julie
09-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Wey-Hey!!!! Tea Trays Rule!!!!

madhatter
09-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Hmmmm.......copy and paste won't work.....how do you insert a jpg into a thread? :confused:

Julie
09-07-2004, 08:17 PM
go to the very bottom of the reply...manage attatchments

madhatter
09-07-2004, 08:36 PM
A couple of small pics showing the Old Tea Tray and The New One. :cool:

Pedro
09-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Old is better than new shape!!

Especially if it's made of carbon....:D

Albie
09-07-2004, 10:32 PM
I'll let you know when i get mine from Chris. Hopefull mon/tues :D I need newer because hi level sils. Indicators fit bad on old type. :D

Paranoid Dave
10-07-2004, 08:19 AM
:( :( :(

;)

A Yerbury
10-07-2004, 10:35 AM
........................... :rolleyes:

Albie
10-07-2004, 10:46 AM
PD dont be sad :( you have your individulism. :cool: Chill out and be that something you want to be. :D You dont want us all to copy yours do you ?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Jayne
10-07-2004, 12:24 PM
looks good

psychlist
10-07-2004, 12:52 PM
I thought the stylish way was to have NO tea tray? :p
Or is that a bit "last years fashion" these days :twisted:

Paranoid Dave
10-07-2004, 02:11 PM
I don't have a problem with tea tray's although i do prefer bikes that have had the choperation, and yeh OK I like people to enjoy whatever tickles their fancy. My problem is that although Ducati have made many changes to monsters over the years, the two standard trays both look pants. The only one i like is the one Natty's just fitted to his S4R. To me putting the new on the old just makes an attempt to hide the age of the bike. The indicators are better new as they're oval but they're sooo long.

PD dont be sad :( you have your individulism. :cool: Chill out and be that something you want to be. :D You dont want us all to copy yours do you ?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

I'd like to see you try ;) :lol:

steviej
10-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Looks like a Duck-Billed Platypus................. :D :D :D

madhatter
10-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Looks like I've started a row about whether to chop or have a tea-tray :eek:

I bet that's never happened on the Forum before!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Julie, congrats on finally getting that red screen you have been after for so long! :)

Now...does a Monster look better with a screen or without a screen........ :rolleyes:

steviej
10-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Should be as naked as a newborn................................. :eek: :D :D

Albie
10-07-2004, 07:04 PM
No no no no were not going to row.I agree with Pd .natty boys looks the best but some of us cant always afford to have the best thats around. I like the newer curved one because the indicators will go over hi sils. Id like a carbon one but £100.00 no way at mo. Im happy to take second hand parts and make mine feel better for me. :D :D

Paranoid Dave
10-07-2004, 08:19 PM
£100 :eek: For a bit of cardboard fibre. Stuff that.

Do they not do a non CF version for a 1/3rd the price?

Albie
10-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Not like nattys i bet

Paranoid Dave
10-07-2004, 09:30 PM
I swear there was someone at the last wickford meet in essex with one and i'm pretty sure it was coloured, if i paid that for one i wouldn't paint it, must be a cheaper way.

Albie
10-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Tea trays eh. Its ducatis fault .they design em and make em. Were not happy with em but we want em. Aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek: :eek: :D :D

Julie
10-07-2004, 10:39 PM
tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay
tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay tea tray must stay

Albie
10-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes yes we know. Are you exhausted after that outburst of Text. :D :D :D :eek:

Julie
10-07-2004, 10:45 PM
sorry ablie but i suffer from tea tray Tourettes

Albie
10-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Tourettes :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I understand. Sooooo want my new teatray to come. I like presents in the post. :D :D :D

Its my birthday next week. Now what shall i buy myself emmm a new front carbon mudguard ooohh yes please. Suits your MONSTER sir. :eek: :p

madhatter
11-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Albie,

It's all a matter of personal choice....that's one of the things that makes Monsters special....you never seem to see any two which have been left exactly the same! :D

I am really pleased with the new Tea-Tray, I think the moulded tray with the indicators built into it is so much better than the old tea tray with the indicators on bendy brackets below it.....I'm sure that you will be to once you've managed to get it to fit! :D

The UKMOC would be a pretty boring club if we all had the same modifications and bolt-ons......apart from that, I ride my Monster 12 months a year and don't want to keep coming home with a crappy brown stripe up my back! :burnout:

peteS4
11-07-2004, 02:04 PM
so what you saying fella........... i walked around the pub at clophill looking like i had the ****es and crapped myself !!!!!!! :eek:

madhatter
11-07-2004, 02:11 PM
I think this is a phenomenum that only occurs during rain, so when it's nice and sunny like last Tuesday, arse-chops are safe! ;)

I didn't notice anything down your back, cos of the drool down your chin when you spotted the "Goth Girl"! :lol: :lol:

Still nursing a bad headache from too much sauce at the party last night

Please type quietly. :cool:

peteS4
11-07-2004, 02:16 PM
steve ................ the only fat arse i want to see at clophill next tuesday.............. belongs to the goth bird who rides the TL1000s........... now thats a nice fat arse................ monsters should be pert............. anyway........... if i get my way, i'm hoping to help her work a little of that bottom off :eek: ............. oooooohhhh suits you sir......... is that what she says sir.......... oooohhhhhhhh sir :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Albie
11-07-2004, 02:19 PM
oooooooeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

madhatter
11-07-2004, 02:29 PM
What with you and your S4 stalking the local village crumpet! :twisted:

Our Bedfordshire Rep and his 900 doing burnouts and do-nuts on the public highway! :burnout:

Mumsie blasting her S4 at totally un-girlie like speeds and not even having the principles to ride side-saddle! :eek:

It looks like it's down to me and my 750 to demonstrate the responsible and considerate riding principles of the Bedfordshire Region. :rolleyes:

Now, where's my dayglo Hi-Visibility vest & over-mits and does anyone know where I can get a white topbox and matching Polaris full touring fairing?

Albie
11-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Doesn't Spareshack sell em!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

peteS4
11-07-2004, 02:58 PM
dude.............. you scare the ****e out of me................ i soooooo thought that coach was gona take you out on the way to the pub.......... and i dont mean take you to see a show and a fancy dinner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if your misses knew i dont think you would be allowed out to play ever again........... i'm now hooked on ebay bidding for 916 seats............... where will it all end............. god help us all :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

madhatter
11-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey Pete!!!!!

If you had looked carefully, you would have seen that the coach was the old 1999 model, which is of course 5mm narrower than the new 2004 model. If it had been the 2004 model, well of course I wouldn't have overtaken it!! :lol:

Why not bid for a complete 916 and just put your S4 front end on! :burnout:

peteS4
11-07-2004, 03:07 PM
dude................ it seems your the funny one in the beds group.............. i am soooooooooo glad your a part of us !!!!!!!!!!!!you always seem to put a smile on my face....................... the trouble with secondhand 916 seats is they have the two square holes in the end for the lights............. and as i want to fit led strips, i would have to get them filled in.......... would be easier to find an aftermarket 1 that needed the holes cutting, but the doc did warn me about aftermarket seat units............. i have bid for a single seat yellow 1 at moment but with no lights which will be at least £50 on top i recon

Tig
12-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Please could someone show me a picture of the one on Natty's S4R?

I too am thinking of a little change at the rear!

Tig

Albie
12-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Thread posted back up :D

Chris
12-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Albie, you rear end is in the post!!!

Albie
12-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Thank you. He said with anticipation :D :D :D :D

madhatter
12-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey Albie,

Both Chris on Friday and Pete S4 tonight have now seen my tea-tray conversion and agree that it is a big improvement over the old one. It and the new style indicators both bring the bike up to date. :cool:

It's a bit fiddley, but worth the effort, so get out the tools and a drill and go to it!! Drop me a PM if I can be of any help. :burnout: :burnout:

Albie
12-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Will do matey. :D :D

peteS4
12-07-2004, 08:56 PM
YOU NEED TO PUT THE REAR NEW SHAPE INDICATORS ON THE FRONT...........OPPS............. CAPS STILL ON............. they are shorter and look loads better than the standard long ones.........remember, girls prefer short and fat, not long and thin !!!!!!!

Albie
12-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah sorted. And girls prefer long and thick. :eek: well so i was told :D

peteS4
12-07-2004, 09:07 PM
girth AND length............ you are a gifted boy !!!!!!!!!!

DesmoDom
12-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Albie,
Are you looking for a set of indicators and a tea tray, as I have the one's from my 2001 S4, if you're interested.

Baz

Albie
12-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Have some on way my friend. sorry . Put up in for sale section they will GO i promise you. All the old type are being converted to new. :D :D unless jmo buys em all :rolleyes:

peteS4
12-07-2004, 09:15 PM
albie.............. the set just offered are the same as the ones madhatter fitted to his bike.............. trust me............... if you have the old style, this is the best mod you can do to improve the looks.......................

DesmoDom
12-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Cheers Matey,
I'll do that. Like the comment on JMo :D :D :D

Baz

madhatter
22-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Hey Albie,

How did you get on with removing your old square tea-tray and replacing it with the new style one? Any problems? Only ones I had was the rear light reflector assembly disintegrated and the bloody electrical connections for the indicators kept playing up. :mad:

Still smile when I see the new style one on my Monnie! :D

Does anyone want to buy a crappy old style square tea tray with four matching indicators....reasonable rates...etc etc. :lol: :lol: