PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Indicator

capnjapseye
07-07-2004, 05:52 PM
I seem to remember somewhere reading that it is possible to turn off the MAInt warning on the LCD display by pressing some buttons in a particular sequence. Is this true or am I heluvinating?

Problem is, my M100Sie has just come back from it's first service and the MAInt warning is still on (the Technician at the bike shop (which shall currently remain anonymous)) says that it is normal to display this symbol when the ignition is first turned on??????????????????????????????????????

Capn

walkingpictures
07-07-2004, 06:05 PM
...here goes mate....hold left button down....turn on ignition while holding button down...give it 10 seconds....turn off ignition and release the button

Hope that helps

Kimbo :)

capnjapseye
07-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I'll try that - ta for the info!

How come the Ducati service blokes couldn't do it?

Capn

walkingpictures
07-07-2004, 06:14 PM
I'll try that - ta for the info!

How come the Ducati service blokes couldn't do it?

Capn

No worries....hope it works for you...they can do it but never seem to bother...maybe they had been drinking too much St Austells Ales ;) ;) ;)

capnjapseye
07-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Done it -seems to have worked! Ta very much.

Yesterday, when I picked up the bike from it's service, I started it and noticed the MAInt light still lit for a few seconds - took it back in to the workshop - they took the seat off, lifted the tank, fiddled with a gadget and then said - "it's supposed to be like that - must be Itallian" - I couldn't be bothered to say "I really don't think so............" so I buggered off home (220 miles). Makes you wonder what they do know eh? :eek:

walkingpictures
07-07-2004, 10:55 PM
No worries mate...glad you are sorted now