PDA

View Full Version : tuesday nights

peteS4
06-07-2004, 01:15 PM
i'm going to meet up with steve and go for a drink at the bike pub in clophill tonight............... will look at pm's before i leave....... i know theres only a few in beds but i'm riding from mk and any welcome................. laters :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Chris
06-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Pete/Steve
I don't think I can make it this time, but just in case my plans change, what time are you meeting?

Just a thought too, I know I've not arranged anything, but next Wed (14th) is the middle of the month, so Beds area meet if you're up for it.

Chris

madhatter
06-07-2004, 02:18 PM
I posted this on one of the Bedfordshire Threads, but it seems to have been removed now. :confused:

For anyone whose interested, various Bikes from all over the area are meeting up on a Tuesday night from 7.30p.m in Clophill. :burnout:

Clophill is on the A6 between Luton and Bedford. As you turn off the A6 into Clophill there is a pub 100yds on your left with a triangular village green right in front of it. Most of the bikes park around this green.

Some times they have a BBQ as well.

I will be aiming on getting there between 7.30 and 8.00 if anyone wants to meet up.

There is also a Bike Show in Great Offley (near Hitchin) on Saturday July 17th, it is just a small show by a local bike club, but may be worth a run-out and a visit.

madhatter
07-07-2004, 06:53 AM
Hey Pete!

It was good to meet up last night for a short wobble down the road to Clophill, hope you enjoyed yourself :twisted: .......I think there was approaching 200 bikes last night and it's not every day that you get to see Beneli's, MV Augusta's, Laverda's & Harley's all mixed in with the Plastic Bubble Race Boys! :eek:

Nice to meet the "Doctor" from MK and to have a look round his Monster, some pretty fancy changes in addition to the 916 seat! Hope to see you in Clophill again, and feel free to join up with anything happening in the Bedforshire Events. :cool:

This nice little event is every Tuesday with Beer and Burgers on tap, so if Elaine, Chris, Will, or any other local chaps wish to pop over, then put a post on the forum and I will try to meet up with you. :D

the doctor
08-07-2004, 10:12 PM
hey good to meet up with you guys on tuesday.Have to meet up again just wait for the weather to break.

Will
08-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Hey Pete!

It was good to meet up last night for a short wobble down the road to Clophill, hope you enjoyed yourself :twisted: .......I think there was approaching 200 bikes last night and it's not every day that you get to see Beneli's, MV Augusta's, Laverda's & Harley's all mixed in with the Plastic Bubble Race Boys! :eek:

Nice to meet the "Doctor" from MK and to have a look round his Monster, some pretty fancy changes in addition to the 916 seat! Hope to see you in Clophill again, and feel free to join up with anything happening in the Bedforshire Events. :cool:

This nice little event is every Tuesday with Beer and Burgers on tap, so if Elaine, Chris, Will, or any other local chaps wish to pop over, then put a post on the forum and I will try to meet up with you. :D

If the weather is good - I'll try to make it to Clophill next Tuesday, although Tuesdays is also the Hartford Marina meet
between Huntingdon and St.Ives - can get very busy though, a few weeks ago there was around 450 bikes there, mine was the only Monster :(

Will

madhatter
09-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Ahhh well, not only would it be a nice blat for you over to Clophill, but there should be at least three other Monsters there in addition to your own, maybe more if we can round a few people up......plus last week a benelli, an MV Augusta and a Laverda.....hope to see you there Will! :twisted:

peteS4
09-07-2004, 01:08 PM
ha ha................ we stick 2 fingers up to the areas who go out most weeks............... beds may have ben pants before,............... but no more.................... we're not all southern shandy drinking poofters down her............... and steve,,,,,,,,,,,, as long as she doesnt knock me out................. that goth bird will be mine......... ohh yes.................. she will be mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

madhatter
10-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Pete Man....

She's gonna eat you up and spit your bones out in the pub carpark... :lol: :lol:

If you are still coming over mine on Sunday (weather permitting) let me know what time, cos I'm out on the Sauce tonight and don't want to here any Termis until around mid-day.... :lol: :lol:

elaine
11-07-2004, 05:09 PM
:D
Don't worry. Pete will have me to look after him, or hide behind- whatever!!

peteS4
11-07-2004, 07:46 PM
elaine honey, the last place you want me is behind you............... you should keep me in sight at all times.................. i go for older women............. you have all been warned :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Steve Willmott
11-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Can't believe I've not seen you guys there earlier. Paul (mille R) the landladies husband is one of my regular trackday buddies, the meets been going on nearly 2 years now, he's always got the barbie on if it's dry.

See you there :burnout: :D

peteS4
11-07-2004, 09:14 PM
keep your eyes open for a yellow and white s4 with a chopped tail, i'll be in a white leather jacket and white simpson lid............... we will get there for about 745............. mines a 1664 :burnout: :burnout:

madhatter
12-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Steve Willmott......the reason you haven't noticed us before is because we in Beds are all quiet, well behaved, responsible, bikers with very quiet pipes. :rolleyes:

Anyone else with a Monster want to come from other areas???? It would be good to show the plastic bubble boys that Italian bikes and especially Monsters, show up more than one at a time!! :twisted:

See you all at Clophill tommorrow.... :burnout:

madhatter
12-07-2004, 10:42 AM
What's the news on the clutch then Chris? Was Elaine able to help you out with her bits (ooeerr!!). :rolleyes:

Are you able to limp up Tuesday on your baby or will you be arriving in a Jam Jar? :eek:

Chris
12-07-2004, 11:16 AM
I won't be out on the Monster on Tuesday, but may come on the KTM if I get chance to change the wheels. All dependant on if I get back from work in time! I think the clutch plates are just worn out, will get it sorted soon enough.

madhatter
13-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Is it time yet to ride over to Clophill?????????????

Migsangel
13-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Is it time yet to ride over to Clophill?????????????
Patience Young Grasshopper...

madhatter
13-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Now????? Is It Time To Go Now?????

peteS4
13-07-2004, 04:30 PM
well i'm awake again, gona shower eat and go get mummsie.............. steve, see you about 745ish

elaine
13-07-2004, 09:08 PM
:lol:
Thanks guys.
Nice evening but more miles needed!

Dutchman
13-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Good to meet you guys this evening. Weather permitting, I may see you there again next week.

Heading out from the pub, I was bringing up the rear as you all zoomed off with a cop car one car back from me...so I sat at 60mph as I could tell he was itching to pull someone over. Half way to the Ampthill roundabout, the car behind me (oblivious to the cop car right behind him) decides to overtake me...cop car overtakes me and then pulls over the dippy car driver...I then turned on the gas...

I am so glad I actually got my MOT'd today...just in case...

Dutchman
13-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Of course I should have said Guys and Gal

elaine
13-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Never saw the policeman!
Blame my mirrors.
Only use them for putting lippy on.

Chris
13-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Sorry I missed you guys, but managed a sneak appearance at the MMM meet!

peteS4
13-07-2004, 10:20 PM
well i've lost my cherry....................... just got knocked off my bike at 70+ :(

Albie
13-07-2004, 10:27 PM
really. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dutchman
13-07-2004, 10:28 PM
just got knocked off my bike at 70+
First, are you okay?
Second, how's the Monster?

peteS4
14-07-2004, 12:12 AM
well........... its like this.................. bitch pulled straight out in front of me, i grab front brack so hard i stand her up on her nose........... back wheel up past 45 degrees,.......ram her rear bumper and bounce off to one side, bike lays down on my leg........... bruise is now 6 inch by 5 inch.......... and i slide to a stop.................. BUGGER.................... i can see an insurance claim coming here.,........... now just what did i want for my bike.................. the worst bit though is i hit her bumper at over 50 so woried forks yokes and headstock may be out of line............. needs to be jigged to check............... the best bit is the back wheel going skywards............. if both wheels had been on the ground i would have gone straight through her rear screen................ and called her a !!!!er as i sailed past and out the front

Dutchman
14-07-2004, 02:26 AM
That don't sound to good.

Seems like the Monsters did not do very well tonight. One crash on the way, another on the way back...

madhatter
14-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Thought the blast to Bedford and back with Elaine was a pleasant way to spend the evening, then when we turned up at Clophill it was great to see Doctor, Migsangel and Dutchman and meet them in the flesh...did you notice all the plastic bubble boys looking over the Monsters?.......Yeah that's wot a real bike looks and sounds like (once you've made your own mods of course)! :twisted:

Steve Wilmott was wondering round with a Beer in one hand and his side stand in the other, as he had a "downer" at the roundabout. He was ok, but nasty scratchy damagy type stuff all over seat cowl, tank, Termis, carbon bits etc....bad luck Steve, hope it's not too expensive to get it sorted and we see you there again soon. :eek:

I noticed the Copper as we pulled away from the round-about, but as everyone else just floored it I thought "What the hell, it's only an Astra anyway", sorry if you got left behind Dutchman, (did you know that your lights were off). :twisted:

Then poor old Pete, first one bird (the Goth) doesn't show up at all, and Pete's all freshly showered with his best chat-up lines written on his sleeve. Then another bird throws herself at him, but forgets to get out of her car first!! :eek: Seriously though mate, hope the bruises arn't too painful, is the bike rideable while you wait for the insurance to get sorted? Or is that what you mean't by dodgy geometry??

Mand
14-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Pete - hope you okay mate! Don't forget you're on a promise for a blast with the MMM.

Take it easy and see you soon :)

Ruth
14-07-2004, 08:49 AM
:eek:

Pete, that sounds painful! Hope everything gets sorted quickly and there's no lasting damage.

Migsangel
14-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi Everyone...
It was nice to meet you all at Clophill yesterday...even if I did not come on a monster...
Pete...sorry to hear you lost your virginity that way...I hope your back out on the road soon...
I look forward to seeing you all again in the near future...

Julie
14-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Pete,

Really sorry to here about your off, but really bloody glad to here you are ok.

It makes me feel sick when i heard of any of the monsters group coming off there bikes.

If we can do anything to help in any way ..just let us know. Unfortunatly we cant turn back time tho mate.

Keep us informed as you what is going on and you take care of your self.

Love

Julie
x

Steve Willmott
14-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Pete

What a bummer, at least I didn't hit anything, hope it feels better soon & I hope you have some luck with the insurance!!! :rolleyes: I'm not going to bother as most of mine isn't going to cost too much as I plan changing quite a bit of it anyway so I can bodge away ;) .

Gotta say a big thankyou to chris (dutchman) wot are the chances of someone having just the right part to get you home??? Pay you later dude :D

Anyway gotta start taking broken bits off again!!
Steve W.

Chris
14-07-2004, 09:52 PM
****, take care everyone, one of my mates I met up with at Six Hills (MMM meet) had an off on the way home too, broke his collar bone!

Definately up for a ride up to meet the MMM lot again soon, just been to busy to try to get the clutch sorted.

peteS4
19-07-2004, 03:21 PM
its not quite the same thing but if anyone wants to go to clophill tomorrow..... tues 20/7.... i'll be coming over in me motor............ bringing a girlie with me too......... so i know steve will be up for an hour or so......... anyone else........... just let us know and see you there.........

Dutchman
19-07-2004, 07:20 PM
I should be able to make it. I will be easy to spot again, Yellow Monster, yellow jacket, Rossi helmet...

peteS4
19-07-2004, 08:49 PM
not as easy as me............. in a bloody car :(

madhatter
20-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Ok. It's Tuesday and the weather people can't make their bloody minds up as usual. Some say a dry sunny evening, some say possibility of a shower. Well, if it ain't raining, I'm going to the bike meet at Clophill and will aim to be there between 07:30 and 8:00. Are any of you other chaps who came over last week showing up? ;)

Pete S4 will be giving public displays of his bruised areas for the price of a pint, so please show up and support him! :D

Whose up for it then????? :burnout:

peteS4
20-07-2004, 02:45 PM
i gota blow this week........... only had 4 hours sleep since 6am monday morning (new girlie wouldnt let me sleep....... :eek: ) and up again for work at 130am....... so will be mostly dead to the world tonight,.......... really sorry.............

Dutchman
20-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Well, it has just started to chuck it down...don't you just love July in England!

madhatter
20-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Yep...

I'm at work in Hitchin and the heavens just opened up here and threw it down....but I notice that cos it's so damn humid and sticky....it seems to be evapourating it right back up again.....watch this space Guys, it could be ok to ride this evening after all.... :burnout:

Pete...what's all this need sleep malarky??? You need to empty your PM mailbox as I didn't get what-ever it was you sent me (do like I do and just delete the sent items first). :)

Steve Willmott
20-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Sorry people but I just got in & I haven't put my monster back together yet.
Paul from the pub saw another bike go down on the bump where I dropped mine only this time he had to call an ambulance as it was 2 up & the passenger (14 year old son!) hurt his leg quite badly. I think I may just send a letter & some photo's to Bedford counties road people & see if I can cause a smell, I know I do that wherever I go blah blah blah....

Steve W.

Chappers
21-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey, did anyone else spot the cops turning up - all 4 cars (ooooooh scary)?!

No more parking on the green, pavement etc and according to one of the neighbours, all the bikers deal drugs in the carpark...NICE!

H

peteS4
21-07-2004, 04:17 PM
hello chappers............. hows you........... are you new........... maybe you would like to have a ride with me sometime :eek:

Chappers
21-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Hello Peter, I'm fine ta and yes I am new to this site.

I believe I've already ridden with you have I not? Mind you, from last tuesday nights riding I don't think I'll be jumping on the back of your bike!

madhatter
22-07-2004, 06:26 AM
All the rumours are true!

I got to Clophill Tuesdasy night just after 8.00 and there were two Police Astras parked up at the back of the green some 100 metres away from the pub. They had put their little pointy cones all around the green to stop any bike being parked there, resulting in the bikes parking in the pub carpark and all along the street in front of the pub, thereby causing it to be reduced to one single lane, this helped traffic significantly! :eek:

I was told by the landlord that we were not allowed to take glasses onto the green, or park around it, other than that, if in or around the pub, they can't really do anything. When people spilled across the front of the pub onto either side of the pub (i.e in front of the residents houses) they were told to "move along now" back in front of the pub. So that's the footpath thats also out of bounds now, either side of the pub.

Other than that, they kept themselves to themselves. I left around 9:00 and they hadn't checked any bikes (tax, pipes number plates etc), so I think they were just there to keep it peacefull.

It bugs the hell out of me, that this was a civil get together of bikers with no cause for any complaint! Nobody did wheelies up and down the street, there were no races, no burn-outs, no trouble, nothing!!! :mad:

I will still be going, as I am F**ked if I'm going to let the villagers win over this and break up a perfectly good Biker night in our local area!! Anyone who feels the same and still wants to meet up, please let me know next Tuesday.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dutchman
25-07-2004, 11:49 PM
I was not going to go this Tuesday, but now I will. I really hate this sort of anti-biker sentiment.

Time to make a point...

peteS4
26-07-2004, 08:56 AM
i'll be going on tuesday................ but in a car........... still, its all about numbers. i may not be able to ride there but will still show support

madhatter
26-07-2004, 08:57 AM
The weather forecast is looking quite good so far for the remainder of the week, so hopefully Tuesday evening will be dry and mild. I'm going (weather permitting), so if you want to pull up together, we can meet up either opposite the football fields on Abbey Lane, Ampthill, or out on the main bypass in the first layby heading towards Clophill. Post a reply saying where you want to meet up, say 7:45pm and then anyone else who also want's to meet up can meet here, allowing us to all ride in together.

Pete S4 - you've gone quiet Dude...are you coming over?
Doctor - I think you said you would as long as it wasn't chucking it down.
Bedfordshire Chaps - Elaine, Chris anyone fancy meeting up at Clophill?
Steve Wilmott, MigsAngel?

Anyone else who wants to make a point to the anti-biker community? :mad:

madhatter
26-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Hi Pete,

I was still writing my post when you replied......look forward to seeing you there......maybe the termis would fit on your car, then at least you can be as noisy as the rest of us... :lol:

Dutchman
27-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Not sure what layby you are refering to...how about meeting at the Shell 101 garage at the roundabout between Flitwick and Ampthill at 7:45...otherwise I will see you there.

madhatter
27-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Ok Fine...

I've obviously had more "layby" experience in this area than you have.. ;) I'm still suprised that the Yellow Monster with Yellow leathered & crash helmeted jockey, wasn't you the other day, there are obviously teo people with a taste for yellow around here!

See you at the Shell garage at 7:45.

Come on your other UGLY lot, is nobody else coming over, other than Pete in his car with Chappers? Please confirm one way or the other...promise I won't get upset.. :mad:

Dutchman
27-07-2004, 05:06 PM
At about 5pm today, heard there was a fire "on the roadside" at Clophill...should be gone by the time we get there...or make it more fun...or get blamed for it by the plod...

Chappers
27-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to say that it was great to put a few faces to the names on here tonight at the Clophill Meet.

Glad the cops didn't show, would of spoilt our fun as usual. To be honest wasn't expecting to see so many people there what with last weeks visit from the cops, but it's good to see that they had no effect whatsoever!

Madhatter and Mrs - great to finally meet ya, see ya for coffee soon x

madhatter
28-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Yep......I'd have to agree with the Cheeky Chappers....a good turn-out from the Monster Club to show that not every one needs to ride a plastic bubble and thanks to everyone who showed up to support me in showing the locals that we are not going to be put off by a couple of 'kin Police Astras!!!!!

The Doctor.....PeteS4....Chappers.....Dutchman.....Ste ve Willmott.....Running Man.....Kevlar Kid.....Stormie....and myself. :D

Who had the Red Monster with the carbon front mudguard, parked on the road outside the Pub with a couple of "998 types", didn't get to meet you, but if you are on the forum, shout out so we know who you are!

It was nice to meet Running Man, Kevlar Kid and Stormie for the first time, keep watching the posts on the Beds and Bucks forums, we try to get out as much as possible and it would be great to see you as part of the usual crowd, I can feel Ace Cafe runs, Brands Hatch SB, Bike Show meets, etc, all about to be born........the more Termis/Sils/Art Cans the better!!! ;)

Don't forget...Pete S4 is trying to get people together for the Wednesday meet at the Tawny Owl over MK way, so if you fancy another ride tonight, get there for about 8.00... :burnout:

the doctor
28-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Just thought i would put my two peneth in, there is already a bike meet at the tawny owl and its also on a tuesday night(acording to MCN). :mad:

STORMIE
28-07-2004, 09:21 PM
HELLO NICE TO MEET peteS4 AND madhatter ON TUESDAY @ CLOPHILL,
NICE TO SEE A BIG TURN OUT TOO, I WILL BE GOING AGAIN, STILL TRYING TO FIX ME INDICATORS THOUGH AS PUTTING ME ARM OUT IS STARTING TO HURT. WOULD BE NICE FOR A RIDE OUT TO MY OLD MANOR THE ACE CAFE LONDON SOMETIME ONE EVENING, IM LOOKING TO FIND OUT WHEN THE ITALIAN NIGHT IS ON OR ANYHTING GOOD REALLY.

Chris
29-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,
Sorry I haven't made it up to Clophill yet, always seem to be busy at the moment and I still haven't got my clutch sorted! May try to do that on Sat.

As for the ride to the ACE. I think it is Italian Bike day on 15th August and a few other groups should be heading over there. If I'm right, we'll sort a ride over there.

Later....

elaine
29-07-2004, 08:25 PM
:cool:
According to my diary the Ace Cafe on the 15th is Italian day and on the 22nd it's LADIES day. I intend going to both.
Only problem is the route there and back! Any ideas for making it more interesting than the M1?

STORMIE
30-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Hello Elaine i never go down the M1 to the ace cafe, i always go striaght down the A5
into stanmore (LONDON) down honeypot lane then onto the NCR A406 heading NW, this way is longer but its a lot more fun, i will be going to the Italian day ( work permitting) and will travel this way.

There some good pubs on the way too.

Chris
30-07-2004, 09:06 AM
I think, looking at other threads, that 15th is Streetfighter day at the Ace, and the following weekend is the Bristol Bike show. I don't think I can make the 15th now, but am considering heading down to Bristol.

Elaine, I got your message and will try to give you a call later. I will probably be in my garage tinkering this evening, so if you want to pop round, feel free.

madhatter
30-07-2004, 09:16 AM
I will probably be in my garage tinkering this evening, so if you want to pop round, feel free..

My wife caught me doing this once and said that it can lead to blindness and poor hearing!

Chappers
30-07-2004, 09:22 AM

My wife caught me doing this once and said that it can lead to blindness and poor hearing!

Trust you to lower the tone young man :lol:

steviej
30-07-2004, 09:25 AM

Eh, who said that (Japanese sniper squint)......................SPEAK UP, I can't hear you. :eek: :eek: