PDA

View Full Version : new cans

celt
03-07-2004, 10:33 PM
i got back from track day and decided i needed a louder monster.
i bought some lovely DP carbon exhausts from stuart at spareshack and fitted them on friday.
do i need to make any further alterations e.g. new air filter etc or can i just leave it as it is?

Kev Bunney
03-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Think your Ok with an injection model, did you have any mods Julie ?

JMo
03-07-2004, 11:04 PM
You should be fine as is - the EFi engine can compensate to a fair degree for the slightly less restrictive airflow (exit) you get from fitting race cans.

However (if you want a bit more power), fitting a K&N filter (or such like) will give you more air in, which in turn needs more fuel if it is not to run lean, and that is where you might need a EFi/chip tweak/change to get the balance spot on, and maximise any benefit your free-er flowing system now has.

If you just want the noise, I'd leave it as is...

xxx

celt
03-07-2004, 11:54 PM
thanks kev and jmo. i might tinker a bit more in future but i will have to save my pennies as im skint after the cans. its a bloody lovely sound though.

have a good time on your hols kev.

spacemonkey
04-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Not to mention that the air filter will give a nice induction roar when going for it...

manc skank
04-07-2004, 09:21 AM
isnt that noise sweet? :D :D

celt
04-07-2004, 11:03 AM
i love riding the monster anyway.

but now i just cant leave it alone. i sneak out and just start it up for 30 seconds or so to get my fix.

if weather gets better i think i'll plan a scarborough run as the roads are cool over the moors.

steviej
04-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Celt, who's the plonker in front of you in yeller :D :D

Little Monster
04-07-2004, 06:49 PM
whoever it is bought a cheap helmet cos the paint has melted all over his shoulders! :lol:

Mand
04-07-2004, 06:53 PM
whoever it is bought a cheap helmet cos the paint has melted all over his shoulders! :lol:

and all over his tank too, mmmmmmmmm :burnout:

Paranoid Dave
04-07-2004, 07:13 PM
bet the flies loved that.

james007
04-07-2004, 09:54 PM
I also have some new cans, which are so antisocial it's brilliant. With the carbons, is it necessary to put those crappy steel heel plates back on, or should you fit carbon one's?

celt
04-07-2004, 10:40 PM
1 hi stevie yes your right that plonker had a bloody nerve. he kept on going faster than me
2 i put the heel plates back on as i dont wont my dm's to melt over a set of lovely carbon cans

you do have a special way with insects sj :lol: :lol: :lol:

james007
05-07-2004, 07:06 AM
did you put back the steel ones, or did you fit carbon ones?

celt
05-07-2004, 11:26 AM
steel back for now cause i dont want to melt my doc martins and i dont have any cash for carbons. i might do the steel ones mate black on the cheap.

Little Monster
05-07-2004, 06:21 PM
I also have some new cans, which are so antisocial it's brilliant. With the carbons, is it necessary to put those crappy steel heel plates back on, or should you fit carbon one's?

i have some ART carbons which are nice and loud. Am out with tigerlily tonight so will try and work out the differences in sound for you ! lifetime guarantee with their carbon too. i took the heel plates OFF OFF OFF and haven't melted anything yet. i'll work out later whether my foot is just too small to be anywhere near the cans (size 4)

james007
06-07-2004, 07:17 AM
hmm, well I checked it out this morning and my heels don't even come close either, and I'm a 10...so bye bye heel pates!

Little Monster
06-07-2004, 08:08 PM
yeah, am now wondering what the point of them is at all. i can't see where my foot would come anywhere near them. am tempted (but not quite tempted) to put em back on just to check.

didn't manage to work out what the difference in sound is between my Arts and Tigerlily's Remus pipes. Tiger?? what do you think? i suspect mine might cough and splutter especially on overrun a bit more but i'm not sure. Me and tiger will have to swap bikes and will then report back! :twisted:

slug
07-07-2004, 09:35 AM
When I fitted DP cans and air filter to my M800Sie it ran perfectly, the dealer checked the emissions when he serviced it and said it was OK.
In fact I am now getting more MPG, better performance and it sounds ace!

Personally I like the CF heel plates although I dont think my feet go anywhere the cans I just like the of them.

madhatter
09-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Hi Guys,

I am also thinking about some Art Cans, do they simply bolt onto the existing standard Ducati Can brackets, or do they come with their own brackets. Did you have any fitting problems? Did you need to change the set-up at all? How's the before and after performance? Questions...Questions. :confused: ..but I'd appreciate any information on Art Cans that any members can give please. :)

celt
09-07-2004, 02:30 PM
with the dp cans by remus they supply new brackets as the cans are shorter (better ground clearance). performance isnt improved by much by fitting cans alone.
no set up change.
and they fitted like a glove (about 45mins to do).