PDA

View Full Version : Fatbloke - Will be sorely missed.

Duncan
30-06-2004, 09:14 PM
At 7.28pm on 30th June Fatbloke posted this e mail.

Hi All
Thanks to everyone who attended the track day spectators and riders alike it was far better than I could have dreamed.
I would like to mention DucatiUK, Shell and Ducai insurance who's invaluble support,attendance and input made the day the spectacle it was.

With all that in mind I feel I have now peaked and its time for someone with fresh ideas to drive UKMOC into 2005.
I've had a fantastic 4years met fantastic people and made great friends.
So I'm going to quit while I'm ahead and retire as UKMOC president.
Grunt (vice president) will be looking after the shop for now so if you have any queries please forward them to him at grant,carr@btinternet.com
Thanks again you have made the club what it is today The largest and best official Monster club in the world and it can only get better.

FATBLOKE

To my mind, this is a very sad day. I know he has been talking about this for a while now but I rate Terry as one of the nicest blokes I have ever had the pleasure to meet. :(

His energy and drive had made UKMOC what it is today and I think this should be recognised by the creation of an honorary post. Such as Honorary President or Life President.

Appreciate what other members think.

Duncan

Drucilla
30-06-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm totally with you on this one Duncan :(

NewMon
30-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Hear Hear.

A Yerbury
30-06-2004, 09:22 PM
A site that functions as well as it looks and a community commited to a truly iconic motorcycle. largely -no pun- your own doing.
3 cheers.
Alex.

Banshee
30-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Live long and prosper.

Kazza
30-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I don't think we should let him go :( - but if we must and we can't change his mind, then definitely agree with Duncan - Honorary or Life President!

Dave in USA
30-06-2004, 09:55 PM
It seem's like a lifetime ago when Terry & Grant turned up at the Cricketters in Sarret one night, all shiny clocks & loud cans... :D

"Here mate, you got a Monster, join our new club, I'm Fatbloke & this is Grunt"....Was Terry's greeting... :lol:

All I can say is....4 years later, I'm 6000 miles away, and still a member of the BEST club for Monsters!! :D :D

Well done Terry...

You will be missed....mind you...not too easily with that bloody sparkly tank!! ;)

Dave

:burnout: :bunny: :burnout:

steviej
30-06-2004, 10:08 PM
The King is Dead...........................................
.........................................Long Live the King

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

NattyBoy
30-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish I say... :lol: :lol:

Terry..your a top boy, and youve made a top club. Ive had more fun in the last 2 years on my monster and meeting all my new friends than ive ever done riding bikes (well - apart from when me and the lads used to go down the local ice rink on our AR/MBX 50's to impress the luvverly ladies!!).

Anyway..look forward to seeing you around still..im sure Grant will do a sterling job in the meantime..

Banshee for the new el presidente ??? :p :p :D

Cheers
Nat

Pedro
30-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Bloody ell! I'm a bit shocked by that!

This past eighteen months of so has been a realhoot with so many good people, all of who have been brought together by this club.

Top job Terry! Shame you want to pass the reigns over....

walkingpictures
30-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Best wishes Terry,you have won a lot of respect on here and you deserve it....know you will still be around..

Kimbo :)

cerebus
30-06-2004, 10:21 PM
bugger :( :(

Albie
30-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Terry good luck to you.Its a brave and hard decision I bet.But its your choice. Thank god you started it in the first place.

It cost me £3000.00 :eek: to join this club as when i was looking for a monster i found this site.I wanted answers commments etc. But it said you cant if ya aint got one. So i did and i joined that night. No regrets buying it and joining the club.Cos everybodys great. :D

Thanks Terry and thanks members for making Terrys baby work

Albie ( front row ducati uk pic next to FB. Cool :cool:

Phoenix
30-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Well I think it's a sad day too. Yesterday must have made you a very proud man Terry, I do hope so because it was a fantastic achievement notwithstanding all that has gone before.
Wishing you well with all you do in the future and thanks for starting the best forum with the most bestest members ever :)

gary tompkins
30-06-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm sure Terry has thought long and hard about his decision to resign, at what is a real high point in the clubs history, but I respect him for having the bottle to do what he thinks is right for both him and UKMOC. I'm with Duncan on the well deserved Honorary position, but think that knowing Terry, he may be very reluctant to accept it.

I've sent my own personal reply to Terrys email, as I'm sure many others have done, and while I wish he would continue as our captain, understand that he feels it's the right time hand over to someone else.

Terry, and all those that have helped him make UKMOC the club that it is today deserve to feel very proud, and yesterdays trackday was was a prime example of how great this clubs become :D

Byron Kauffman
01-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Sorry to see you go Terry. I have only met two of the UKMOC members and now one is going, I will never get ahead at this rate.
Thanks for stepping up at NEC and inviting me to the list (yes it is Terry's fault I am on this list).
Byron

Dave in USA
01-07-2004, 06:54 AM
Thanks for stepping up at NEC and inviting me to the list (yes it is Terry's fault I am on this list).
Byron

Oi...It's the UK Monster list...Not the Florida Monster list.... :lol: ;) :D :eek: :burnout:

Dave...In CALIFORNIA!!

:bunny: :burnout:

Julie
01-07-2004, 06:59 AM
We are GUTTED!!! :mad:

You had made the club what it is and it wont be the same with out you.

Thank you for everything Terry.

Julie and Ruth

CK & AK
01-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Terry - I couldnt get onto the forum last night - but you should have had mail by now.

You know what I said before (you shouldnt go!!) - and its a shame you have done it - but we both wish you all the best.

Happy monstering - still going to see you out & about we hope?

Charlotte & Alan

Mrs Soup
01-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Can't think of anything to add to the comments already made, but would like to add my thanks to Terry for getting the Club going and driving it to what it is today.

Hopefully he will still be around at meetings to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

Andy S
01-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Well Many, Many Thanks Terry for another Brilliant UKMOC day event.
It really was "Fantastic" :burnout:

You even ordered the right weather :rolleyes:
You got the perfect touch going for Happy Clubbie days out.
( though I do have a bit of groin and wrist strain, Hot riding or what...95 track miles plus a few on the very generous Ducati Uk bikes )

Well if you have to go or maybe just take a rest? I'm truly greatful and wish you all the best.

we even got "3" goodie bags, marvellous ;) I owe you lotsd of beers.

BoozyBOB
03-07-2004, 05:34 PM
:( have not been able to get on in the last few days...and am sorry to hear the news that Terry is stepping down...
i am with Duncan on the Hononary position..
after all UKMOC is his 'baby' and he has worked hard to get it to what it is..the best biker forum
i hope Terry will still join in the rides and meets..(and give guidance) to the new Presedent...
All The Best Terry,..and a big thanks :lol: :burnout:

Man In Black
03-07-2004, 05:42 PM
As a lot of you know, me and Fatbloke have been mates for a few years now and I met him when I bought my first Monster. Since then we have enjoyed riding many miles together to club events all over the country. Examples of this include a freezing winters evening in february to go to an opening party in Croydon for DLS. As the two of us rode home with ice on the road (and in my carbs!!) we both said we must be mad. And mad he is leaving this club that he has built up to be the biggest in the world, as of course he is fonding of telling people who show the mildest interest in the club. I also have met some great people through the club and although a bit of a stranger to this forum thing, the gratitude that is being shown to Terry is testament to the clubs wonderful attitude. I am sure that Terry will stay involved , he will miss you all too much to leave the club.
Many thanks to all who attended the track day it was a great day in UKMOC history and one that will live in the memories of all who participated.

Happy riding.

grunter
03-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Terry
what can I say ? i,m gutted he is standing down from the club that he has worked so hard at building up to the best club in the world.
As you may know I have the job of seeing the club thru to the next AGM and to when the next president will be elected.
To whom I will feel sorry for them as they will be measured by the same yard stick as Terry(they are on a hiding to nothing). I can only say to who ever it may be good luck and if your half as good as FATBLOKE the club is in safe hands.
I,m sure i,ve not seen the last of him coz he,s my mate :lol:
so i hope he get,s bored soon and comes back :D
yours
grunt

crust
04-07-2004, 02:11 AM
you mean he's serious about this!!!!

Tis a shame and a sad loss for the club.

Thanks for everything Terry, you're leaving on massive high note, the biggest gathering of monsters and the best trackday, lets hope you can come on rideouts now without any pressures and hassles, its all Grunts fault now.

Well done for doing a top job of making the club the success it is.

:) Crust

Plum
04-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Having never met Terry,or any of members of the club, i can say that Terry must be an amazing bloke to have created and run a club that has become so successful. We all know someone who has tried to setup a club only to watch it go t*ts up. The UKMOC is the bar far the the best club i have come across. I now rarely visit my local club, www.onyourbike2000.com , because it has just become pants. I dont even go on there rideouts on a sunday, but i am saving to come to your side and do the next Monster weekend. I have visited this site pretty much everyday since sigining up and although i sometimes find it hard when you guys talk about people and places i dont know (something to do with living on another planet), i know when i have posted i have always had a load of good positive responses. This is so rare in bike clubs and sites these days and i think Terry should be proud that he created not only a fantatsic club but a 'family'.

I would like to wish Terry all the best and just to say that the man who steps into his shoes better have big feet, coz them are big shoes to fill.

L

McMONSTRO
04-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Shame your'e standing down Terry! Thanks for everything,especially the Trackday, and for doing a great job in making UKMOC the great club it is :D

I know Ive not been around as long as some (since early last year I think) but the first time I met ANYONE from the club was the "Monster Weekend" last year, when Terry offered me the spare bed in his room, essentially to a complete stranger! Who knows I could have been an axe murderer, snored or even worse had a wind problem (Didge was down the corridor!) Top Bloke and thanks again!
Good luck with everthing and hopefully see you around!

McMonstro