PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remove their flyscreen???

Chain
30-06-2004, 03:07 AM
I've got an '02 MS4 and have removed the factory flyscreen. I like the result, particularly after removing the OEM "Mickey Mouse" mirrors and adding a Napoleon bar end mirror to the left clip-on only (same setup as I ran on a naked SV a few years ago).

Anyway, a question: for those of you who've done this (removal of the screen), has anyone had any problems with riding in the rain or water-washing their bike? Looks like the back of the instrument pod and/or any number of multi-pin electrical connectors are now exposed to the elements.

TIA,

Chain

steviej
30-06-2004, 07:48 AM
You OK Chain................................
.....................I've had M750 for 4½ years now, it's never had a 'Flyscreen' and it doesn't have mirrors. (Why worry about what's behind you, you've already past it) Having said that, I might be getting some, 'cos when we're on a Run Out I'm at the back all the time..................... :D

spacemonkey
30-06-2004, 06:21 PM
I used a Saab 95's front wing to persuade me to remove mine. It looked crap anyway in my eyes. Bike looks much better now. Nothing goes wrong and I'm still smiling. Didn't notice any difference in wind blast as the screen didn't do squat anyway. Do it....