PDA

View Full Version : Haynes Manual for M900

Larraine Bamford
29-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Does anybody know if the Haynes Manual for the monster 91-96 covers the 2002 model? There doesn't appear to be a newer publication. Also does anyone have a spare one for sale?

Thanks muchly.

CK & AK
29-06-2004, 09:06 AM
It doesnt Lorraine :(
Will help for minor works, but not engine work etc.

Best to have a look on Ebay - or have a look on Ducati website, as there is full tech info there somewhere (on of the boys will tell you where to look) - sorry not to be of great help.

C

Larraine Bamford
29-06-2004, 09:09 AM
I need it to do the big service. What does everybody else use? Other than dealers.

Duncan
29-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Larraine

The Haynes is OK but very generalised.

The Ducati genuine manuals are only a few quid dearer than the Haynes and will be year and model specific for yours. Give Paul at Riders Ducati in Bristol a bell on 0117 9588777.

Any problems, just drop the bike over and I will give you a masterclass on the service. It aint difficult and can be done a section at a time over a few weekends.

ie; Oil and filters - 40 mins
Lift tank, remove and check battery, remove rocker covers etc and do belts and valve clearances. 2 hours to check plus it may need a trip to Riders when you know what shims are needed. (unusual to need shims because they normally need grinding down, not replacing and dont alter much)
Clean out clutch - 1 hr
Change clutch and brake fluids and remove and clean brake pads / replace if necessary - 2 hours
If its not been done before, remove primary cover and check alternator nut - 3/4 hr
Other bits and bobs of bulbs, tyres, wheel bearings, head bearings, switches etc - 2 hrs

The worst part is paying for the bits which including oil should total about 85 quid.

Larraine Bamford
29-06-2004, 10:17 AM
I don't mind the cost Dunc, it's cheaper than about £250 which I've been quoted for. Will give Riders a call, cheers for that. Any probs I'll give you and a yell and you can service me, erm I mean help me with my service. ;)