PDA

View Full Version : 31st July - Lawnmower Racing

SazzaG
27-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Yes really!

The British Lawnmower Racing Association are holding their annual 12 hour lawnmower race on the night of Saturday 31st July, from 8pm to 8am.

This is a must for all motorsport enthusiasts! It was set up over 30 years ago by a group of guys who were fed up with the cost of motorsport, and has grown into a worldwide recognised event, with the likes of Stirling Moss and Oliver Reed having taken part in the past.

It is held at Brinsbury College, between Billingshurst and Pulborough on the A29 in West Sussex.

Take a look at the website for more info (not very good website, but you'll get the idea)

BLMRA (http://www.racemower.co.uk)

I also have a feeling that a few of you out there may be interesting in entering this in the future. Take a look at the regulations on the website...

Saz

SazzaG
27-07-2004, 03:09 PM
For anyone who's interested, this is on this weekend.

We could go for dinner at the local pub (Blacksmiths Arms, Adversane, on the A29), then pop along to watch the start (which is Le Mans style...)

C'mon guys, this is a real must for any motorsport fans! You won't regret it...

Reply here or PM me if you're interested. Let's see if we can get a decent group together.

Saz

A Yerbury
27-07-2004, 03:12 PM
dinner? luncheon surely?

SazzaG
27-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Ah, depends which part of the country you're from Alex!

'Tis dinner, which down here is in the evening, as the race starts at 8pm and runs overnight.

Luncheon would be at 1pm, between elevenses and afternoon tea...

Saz

CK & AK
27-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Sorry Sazza - would like to split myself in two it seems this sat :eek: but am already booked to go to Bobs bruvvers (Bumble) 'cheer him up' BBQ for Sat afternoon.

C :(

twit - (Me) just seen it says evening - could be a poss on the return leg from orpington???? :confused:

JMo
28-07-2004, 12:01 AM
I shall be performing surgery on the afternoon of the 31st, but an early evening at the pub sounds good - should have a couple of Eunochs in tow too...

Do you want to meet at Bury Hill first perhaps, then ride to the pub? - either way, let me know a time, and we'll see you there...

xxx

A Yerbury
28-07-2004, 12:30 AM
"I shall be performing surgery on the afternoon of the 31st, but an early evening at the pub sounds good - should have a couple of Eunochs in tow too..."

ahh, the good doctor performs yet more essential cosmetic work..splendid news.

SazzaG
28-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Excellent!

May change the pub venue, as the Blacksmiths Arms isn't really that good. Meeting at Bury Hill sounds like a plan. Let me know what time you think you'll finished hacking, sorry sculpting, the tails.

Who are they anyway?

Saz