PDA

View Full Version : To those who wear Sidi boots

Paranoid Dave
25-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Am I the only one or has anyone else found the fluffy part of the velcro has melted from the inside leg side of the top of the right boot?
I think it's where the heat from my wet clutch has got to it while 'foot down' at junctions etc. It's now so bad that when I hit 70 mph the top part of my boot blows open and catches on my rearsets. :mad:

(CK - no jokes about that not being very often then)

I now have to tape up my boot before riding and looking for a new pair, I want sidi's but don't want more melted velcro. :(

Do you suffer the same? :confused:

CK & AK
25-06-2004, 09:13 PM
.......when I hit 70 mph the top part of my boot blows open and catches on my rearsets. :mad:

(CK - no jokes about that not being very often then)

:confused:

:twisted: :twisted: asked for that PD :p

When is the next Surrey raid from you then chappie? :rolleyes: :twisted: ;) :D

C :lol:

Paranoid Dave
25-06-2004, 09:21 PM
you offered your spare room for end of August ad I have it in my diary, so if the sun's out.... :D

Do you know weeksy on the DSC, has offered me some brake lines, do you two ever meet if so he could pass on to you???

CK & AK
25-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Dave - its the spare spare room (eg space on narrow carpet)or the sofa for you mate - as Pooh & Tigger may be coming down....

Weeksy? - not too far from us, but Crust is across town from him - so may be worth asking him to be courier?

Discs - do you want Al to bring up on Tuesday?

C
xx

Melnie Mouse
25-06-2004, 09:56 PM
as the last messages are completely off the trail... going back to original one, yes I knew someone who had the same problem as you on vertebra 2 boots, in end, he wore lakky band over his foot! :bunny: :p :)

Paranoid Dave
25-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Weeksy? - not too far from us, but Crust is across town from him - so may be worth asking him to be courier?

Discs - do you want Al to bring up on Tuesday?

C
xx

I didn't know he was going on tuesday, so yes please I'll bag them home no problem. :D I'll give Crusty a shout. Thanks CK
x

Oh and MM - thanks for keeping this thread alive, glad it's not just me. :D

Pedro
25-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Never seen melted velcro on Sidis - mine are fine.

Oh, Mel, what's a "lakky bank"?

P
:D

JMo
26-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Oh, Mel, what's a "lakky bank"?

P
:D

Ah. that'll be the one that issues 'your flexible friend' credit cards of course...

xxx

Melnie Mouse
26-06-2004, 07:38 AM
ha ha very funny, a lakky band.. changed it now.. it was late, I was tired, and had a long day not getting in til 10pm! go easy on me.... :(

Pedro
26-06-2004, 07:52 AM
ha ha very funny, a lakky band.. changed it now.. it was late, I was tired, and had a long day not getting in til 10pm! go easy on me.... :(

Sorry hunny!!!

DesmoDog
26-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Well thats Sidis off the list for me then.. I was trying on a pair the other day and some bloke was binging his v2s back for the second time! He was comlaining about the velcro too. Sales bloke (naturally) had never seen it before but I got cold feet ;-/ and decided to try some other boots. Bloody shame because I like the look of the carbons.

psychlist
26-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Sorry, wrong number :D

:burnout:

Melnie Mouse
26-06-2004, 09:00 AM
that's o.k ped apology accepted... :) xx

Melnie Mouse
26-06-2004, 09:24 AM
I shouldn't let Sidi put you off really... i don't know that many people who have had problems Desmo.....

peteS4
26-06-2004, 06:08 PM
i have a small amount of melt on the inside of my left boot at the bottom of the velcro strip......... its where my boot touches the swept up pipe of my high level termigs and with rear sets fitted....... pegs end up right nect to pipes........ i didnt think leather did this............... anyway, i've fitted the duel pegs back on so i can take girlies for rides so shouldnt happen anymore