PDA

View Full Version : Merd, merd, merd, merd.........

John k
24-06-2004, 12:22 PM
I need HELP guys - my rear brake has become very limp and does not seem to 'bite'. I can press it all the way down and it appears to be loose. I can't see any fluid leakage - any ideas ???? I had monica serviced in may so I am not expecting anything major to be wrong with it.....

Thanks in advance!

Will
24-06-2004, 12:23 PM
I need HELP guys - my rear brake has become very limp and does not seem to 'bite'. I can press it all the way down and it appears to be loose. I can't see any fluid leakage - any ideas ???? I had monica serviced in may so I am not expecting anything major to be wrong with it.....

Thanks in advance!

Air in system? - try bleeding the brakes.

Will

John k
24-06-2004, 12:53 PM
As much as I hate sounding dense, I have no idea how to do this scarificial blood letting - Any tips? (is this in the haynes by any chance?!).

Ducati's , eh?!!!!!!!

A Yerbury
24-06-2004, 03:39 PM
er brembos in fact. all systems are a bugger to bleed. yours are probably upside down too.

CK & AK
24-06-2004, 04:12 PM
John - am sending you a PM.

CK

A Yerbury
24-06-2004, 05:12 PM
and me ck! clutch and front done but I'm struggling at the rear!

steviej
24-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Hope your sorted....................

Mrs Soup
14-07-2004, 12:58 PM
my rear brake has become very limp and does not seem to 'bite'. I can press it all the way down and it appears to be loose

John - did you cure the problem by bleeding?

The same thing happened to me on the way home last night, the brake only bites right at the end and no sign of fliud leakage. Front brake and clutch are fine.

Any tips for bleeding techniques, other than get someone else to do it? ;)

nik_the_brief
14-07-2004, 01:07 PM
I think the title should be merde, merde, merde (you had an e missing) but I may be wrong!

Always makes me smile when I see a Toyota MR2 on the road, in France the pronounciation of MR2 comes across as Em Err Deux. Can't possibly comment on whether the things are ****e or not though... ;)

Pedro
14-07-2004, 03:53 PM
I think the title should be merde, merde, merde (you had an e missing) but I may be wrong!

Always makes me smile when I see a Toyota MR2 on the road, in France the pronounciation of MR2 comes across as Em Err Deux. Can't possibly comment on whether the things are ****e or not though... ;)

I've got one and they're not bad! 160 odd bhp and no space for children! Flipping reliable too - typical Toyota build quality, bloody good! It's fun to drive too, especially in the wet....

grunter
14-07-2004, 08:14 PM
power bleeder. would be favourite :lol:

John k
14-07-2004, 09:16 PM
You're right - that should read merde, lo sciento, io solomente palare italiano!!! hahha - I have no doubt spelt that incorrectly also...

As for the problem, I have looked at the possibity of bleeding the thing but I need to get tubes and stuff, right ?!!! Where on earth do you get little plastic tubes from ?????

Thanks for your help guys - many have called to my aid and I am might chuffed!!!