PDA

View Full Version : Sidi Vertebra Boots

Pedro
21-06-2004, 10:27 PM
After Boozy Bob's Slight Soggy, 2004, Annual Tour of Hampshire, my Sidi's are in a right sh*t state! Given that they're not made of leather, any suggestions of suitable cleaning stuff that'll help keep out the water?

Mr Sheen furniture polish seems to stop 'em squeaking!

Ta

Ped

welshman
22-06-2004, 07:21 AM
i have the same boots and use WD40 to clean them & mr sheene to stop them making a squeaking , iz it me or are they not very nice to wear my feet are shagged after a day wearing them

:confused:

NattyBoy
22-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Nik Wax ??

psychlist
22-06-2004, 12:02 PM
2nd that vote for NikWax, kept my feet dry in a pair of Sidi Verts for a few years now! Mind you, not riding all of last winter helped ;)

CK & AK
22-06-2004, 02:43 PM
3rd that vote for Nikwax.

Welshman - have only had mine since BMF in May, but have been quite comfy since getting them, done about 1thou miles since then & a fair bit of standing about - and I'm notoriously a difficult person to fit boots for. :lol:
Hope you get comfy soon. :)

C

welshman
22-06-2004, 02:50 PM
done about 3 k in mind just cant get on wid them, never mind you no what they say about Big feet?

big boots!!!!

cheers 4 the mail

CYMRU AM BYTH!

Melnie Mouse
22-06-2004, 03:06 PM
I agree, it's not the nikwax wax in pot, you need the nikwax 'aqueous wax' in the bottle that cleans well and waterproofs them.. if they really mucky best do first with the nikwax cleaning 'gel'... only 3.95 for a bottle, says on it, 'waterproofs, maintains support and breathability'..

so there you go, we're all in favour of nikwax... get down to your local stockist :) :)

Pedro
22-06-2004, 04:14 PM
I agree, it's not the nikwax wax in pot, you need the nikwax 'aqueous wax' in the bottle that cleans well and waterproofs them.. if they really mucky best do first with the nikwax cleaning 'gel'... only 3.95 for a bottle, says on it, 'waterproofs, maintains support and breathability'..

so there you go, we're all in favour of nikwax... get down to your local stockist :) :)

Thanks for that - any idea who sells it round here? Can't think of anyone I know who stocks it!! ;)

Ped

crust
22-06-2004, 06:19 PM
[ Trinny and Susannah mode]

leather.... :rolleyes:

you're so last century

they're......lorica

[/ T & S mode ]

yeah, I've got no idea either, I think its a kind of QVC diamonty thing.

I find that an amalgum of dead flies/chain lube/accumulated detritus works on mine

or ' URAD leather cream'

01284 753791

Brings even my leathers & boots up to nice and shiny stylee

:) Crust

psychlist
22-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks for that - any idea who sells it round here? Can't think of anyone I know who stocks it!! ;)

Ped

You could always try the very friendly regional Ducati Main dealer in Chichester with a sound reputation and an amicable disposition that I recommend to everyone Pedro, I'd mention their name but wouldn't want to get CMW Motorcycles into any trouble for advertising on a public forum, you could even phone Mel on 01243 782544 to ask her who I'm talking about, probably the first thing she'll say when she answers the phone :D :bunny:

Pedro
22-06-2004, 09:52 PM
I find that an amalgum of dead flies/chain lube/accumulated detritus works on mine

or ' URAD leather cream'

01284 753791

Brings even my leathers & boots up to nice and shiny stylee

:) Crust

Come On Crusty! When did you last clean anything related to your bike! As we said at the weekend, I think Popham Duke day was the last time you cleaned the Monster and I've not see you in the same leathers twice since! Are you just "dirtying them out"?

Thanks All
Ped

Meteor
25-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Three years ago (when my daughter was born) I discovered the best universal cleaning medium known to man - Baby Wipes!

Don't laugh - apart from the obvious use, I have found them brilliant to keep my sidi's clean plus leathers, removing fly splats, cleaning chain oil of wheels etc...

Recommend tesco own brand fragrance free..... christ what has parenthood turned me in to?