PDA

View Full Version : so whats next

peteS4
18-06-2004, 06:26 PM
there seems to be many outings in other areas.......... are we going !!!! does anyone else want to do something soon........ theres an open day at julie and ruths......... plus dambusters and lancs and yanks, i'm sure steve (madhatter) is in........ elaine... what do you say hun....... by the way, i hope robin is getting better.. say hi for me........... i dont mind if its just 2 or 20 but would be nice to get out more.........

elaine
18-06-2004, 07:47 PM
:lol: Pete. Track day then the run to Sammy Miller is next in my diary, 4th July. Early start for both tho!
Where did you get all this info?
Robin is getting better - slowly.
Want to get some miles done tho so I will be out to play whenever poss.
Will email you.

elaine
18-06-2004, 08:07 PM
:burnout: Pete
Just found stuff about the meet at Matlock Bath next Sunday.
Will do that!
Will leave a note for Julie and Ruth.
Will get some miles in before trackday.
CU soon

peteS4
19-06-2004, 11:27 AM
your mind kind of woman !!!!!!!!! i did leave my mail add b4 but just in case, its pd11wb@aol.com as well as the ones on my ukmon profile............. if its nice tomorrow i may pop over for a drink............. embankment......... better buzz steve.........

madhatter
21-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Hiya Elaine (mumsie) Pete (I've got such a pert arse-end now) and Chris (I can't make it cos bits are still falling of me bike)! :lol:

The UPS Delivery insurance company paid out cash for the damage to my Monster, so......Wednesday I dropped into Spareshack and spent my pennies on new shiney replacement parts :D ......and Saturday I spent putting them all on the bike, giving it a polish, cleaning and oiling the chain etc. I'm still not sure about the adjustments I made to my ride height and may drop the gap on the rose joints down from 9 turns to around 4 (which the forum seems to agree is optimal for Monsters).

Went out with some other biker mates on Saturday afternoon, to a charity bike show in Great Missenden, for a biker buddy we know who has the big "C"......Kind of brings it back to you that life is too short to worry about the small stuff!! :mad:

Pete and Chris have my mobile (can't seem to send Elaine Private Messages??), so give me a ring if anyone is going out for a toodle about!!

Chris
21-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Got the bike up and running again now. Went over to Stratford on Saturday, and passed hundreds of other bikes meeting up for the Banbury Vintage Bike show, some very nice old machines around, and hundreds of people, literally lining the roads in places.

Steve, take care adjusting the rose joints. The threads aren't all that long, and 9 turns sounds like a lot. You should make sure that there is at least the diameter of the bolt threaded into the hoop or you will risk them snapping!

I am away for an Enduro race this weekend, and then my next outing will be at Mallory, did you get booked in Pete? or are you still making excuses about not getting your leathers done up!

peteS4
21-06-2004, 03:38 PM
lol........ thanks chris.... think i'll be ok....... but will have a chat with terry about taking robins place insted of him......... what ever happens i'll be there, steve, i', riding mine up where everyone else seems to be using vans and trailers.......... if your riding up to, let me know.......... i put all the duel riding kit on today so i can girls birds... sorry, girls a ride about but will take it all off again for the track day..........
chris, will i need to lock wire my filter and do anything else to bike or just tape the lights...........
steve........ i'm gona text you right after i send this post to make sure you have my number........... think thats me done..............
elaine, mail me hun so i can send you my number, then we can all sort out any of the other runs......... be good everyone..................

ooh yeah,,,,,,, i got laid off last week so dont think i'll have cash spare to sort out clip ons before trackday but it wont stop me having fun.......... now wheres that local paper......... gis a job mister

madhatter
21-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi Pete,

I'm not planning on going to the trackday this year,

1) Cos I can't get the time off work, costs, other commitments etc
2) If I ain't ridin it would really Pi** me off to see everyone else having such a great time. :mad:

Sorry to hear about your work....bummer....there are nasty rumblings from the German owners at my company as well, so I'm thinking carefully before spending money I don't have at the moment just in case! :mad:

Waiting patiently for your text. Best of luck with the local paper! ;)

Chris
21-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Pete, no lockwire etc. required, just tape the lights. I normally tape up the speedo and take of the mirrors too. You'll be better off with your standard bars for now, otherwise you'll have to learn and get used to the bike again too. I am taking th trailer, but think that Martin B will be riding up from Bedord, probably on Monday evening.

Julie
21-06-2004, 06:35 PM
........ theres an open day at julie and ruths.........

i'd like to go to that i hear they are great fun!

elaine
26-06-2004, 07:50 PM
:D See you all on Tuesday. Weather forecast looks good. Changing oil tomorrow and getting stuff ready. This is just like a grown up version of Christmas!