PDA

View Full Version : non starter

Albie
18-06-2004, 10:12 AM
:eek: Been absolutely perfect.fine yesterday.went out to shed got on pushed starter and nothing . battery fine. just nothing i presume to starter. any ideas. :confused: :confused: :( :( :(

CK & AK
18-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Albie - silly question - but have you checked the kill switch on the right?
It is easily overlooked as a poss 'fault'.
Just an idea....

C

Shandy
18-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Albie,

I had something similar the other day with mine :( . I know its not very technical but with mine if you wiggled the wires about on the starter relay jobbie it worked after that, quickly followed by a bit of the good ol' WD40 its been fine ever since. :lol:

Shandy

Albie
18-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Yes first thing. just ran through haynes manual 4 obvious things .took bikini to check 4 cables chaffed. checked fuses, connections,never had any sort of problem starting ever,and was just normal last night. Just to make sure have put battery on charge but i dont think its that because nothing even tries. :eek: :confused: :(

cerebus
18-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Albie

You've probably tried, but check the side-stand switch and the connection to the neutral sensor, both have given me problems. Holding the clutch in sometimes gets round it too.

Cerebus

DesmoDog
18-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Dont forget you immobiliser, daft I know, but I spent five minutes sitting on my bike the other day turning it on and off forlornly until I remembered to "mobilize" d'oh

Albie
18-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Mine hasnt got an immobiliser. Going to go give itsome more checking. Got light for side stand going on and offwith movement but i could always start it with stand down . maybe somewhere there is where the fault is. I dont know.

Albie
18-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Thats peeps shes now ok.Somewhere something loose but shes up and running now. Much relief as so much expense to not being able to go to track day would have been unthinkable. Service is know resumed. :lol: :lol: :D :D

slob
18-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Albie, I assume you've checked this...
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6779
check FB's reply #13
cured Benson's 900

DesmoDog
18-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Did you find the probelm or has it just started? I'd do my damndest to find the problem before trackday my friend.

Albie
18-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Although i dont think the battery was low cos i had horn,lights,indicators all working at correct sound speed etc.i charged it up for 1 1/2 hours and just rechecked all connections and she started just like that. Maybe it was the batt but there was no slurry slow start as one would expect if flat and no clicking. Weird my friend. :confused: :eek:

DesmoDog
18-06-2004, 01:37 PM
didn't leave it in park did you?

Albie
18-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Thought about that. But cant honestly be sure even if i did embarrass myself.I take it as a lesson learnt if i did and if i didnt well i dont know. :confused: :lol:

slob
18-06-2004, 01:56 PM
batteries seem critical on monsters...what with being tiny, so they can be hidden under the tank.

spacemonkey
18-06-2004, 06:57 PM
...and when they are low everythig will work but the starter won't budge. Was probably that all along.

A Yerbury
18-06-2004, 08:14 PM
mine did nowt but lights. fiddled with alarm and took fuse out...eventyally worked but eak power. ie started but stalled etc. turned out carbs were absolutely full of crap. 150 pounds lighter after dyno run and carb rebuild and all is better than b4. anyone with early monsts might like to get their carbs checked, screws fuse together etc as dunc posted recently. the carbs themselves arent quantum physics but getting to the buggers!!! aargh.
Alex