PDA

View Full Version : Southern Regions - Sammy Miller ride-in

CK & AK
15-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Its that time again... the major joint ride-in of UKMOC & DSC to the Italian day at Sammy Millers in the New Forest - Sunday 4th July

Click here for info link:

http://217.199.188.40/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=9840&page=#pid80065

Area reps may well be posting other earlier meet points before arriving at the 2 or 3 main stops. (?Bury Hill/Box Hill?/and the like?)

Last years run of over 50 Ducati's was a great experience - the clubs got along fine - the bikes were very well mixed - with no apparent 'cliques' - and speeds were kept to those as laid down, to enable all the bikes to stay together.

A good introduction for any new members - and a chance for existing ones to catch up too.

Over to area reps:

C :burnout:

psychlist
15-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Anybody (JMo?) want to meet up with a small DSC contingent from Sussex please send me a PM and I'll sort out a meeting point. Tesco's car park in Chichester proved mildly entertaing last year didnt it Sazza! :D
As always when you get a largish group riding together (over 50 last year) we have to keep the speeds down, so dont come along expecting too much of a blat, especially after we meet at the M27 services anyway ;) :burnout:

JMo
19-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Good idea Paul - was planning to stay off the motorway as much as possible, so from Bury Hill would head down to Chichester, then perhaps go via Funtington and Havant, Waterlooville and Wickham, then get on the M27 at Hedge End?

Presume you are collecting (West) Sussex DSC together - so let's hook up somewhere obvious and ride to Rownhams together - of course anyone in the DSC from further east (NigelC etc.) is welcome to meet at Bury Hill prior to us joining you of course...

Speak soon...

JennyMo

xxx

CK & AK
23-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Message for Albie - and any others from Kent wanting to go, and not wanting to ride over on your own:

From Tom - DSC Kent Rep -
"The Sammy Millers run is on the same day as our 4th July meet. I have arranged for us to meet up with the massed Monster/DSC crowd at Newlands Corner at 9-30.
Please be at Oakdene Cafe ready to leave at 8-30 to ride over together."

HTIOH

CK

Albie
23-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Will be there ready and waiting.As long as i aint trashed it at mallory. :eek:

Really looking forward to these meets. :D

CK & AK
24-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Albie - Tom is a very pleasant chap, not particularly tall :lol: and will be on a red 916 (I think :confused: )

C

SazzaG
24-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Tesco's car park in Chichester proved mildly entertaing last year didnt it Sazza! :D

Hehe, who'd have thought that a car park could be so amusing! Bet that poor girl still has nightmares about it now.

Not sure if I can make this one. Going to a wedding the night before in Brighton, so it'll probably be a case of if I'm there, I'm there.

Saz

CK & AK
04-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Well - all I can say to those on the coast today is - shame, you missed a great ride! :lol: I had a lovely day out today

I met up with crew at Newlands, including the 4 from Kent (including Albie & Justin) - also Muttley, Webby etc

Had a trundle down to Snells & met up with Triple nine & his Hants chaps - and also the Berks boys too.

Set off to next meet point - but without Tom - whose bike decided to have a starter relay malfunction (lucky Carl the mech was at Snells to fix it! ).
Soon after, Roys 999 came out in sympathy along the A31 - so he headed back to Snells on one cyl...... :eek:

Down at the services on the M27 - met up with Psychlists band of merry peeps including Hunny Monster,NBS & Flip (riding 2 up ;) )- and soon after, Roy caught us up, having had a plug & coil thingy changed.

Webby then had to turn around & head home, as he only had a mornings passout.... :rolleyes:

Bikes all sorted, we then set off for the New Forest.
A few spots of rain after Lyndhurst (but not even enough to join the dots up) and we arrived at the museum.
Met up with quite a few others there - including Simon S4.5

Grub & drinks were swiftly ordered, and then about an hour later, the drizzle set in
After being there about a couple of hours, quite a few of us eventually set off in the light rain - in the general direction of home - but via the Hants DSC regular pub haunt on the A31 for yet more drinks & snacks. (we are gradually training them that food is just as important too :D )

No rain at all after getting past Lyndhurst - and finally a very dry sunny ride back to Woking for me. :D :cool:

I think it was 24 Ducati's in total on the ride-in - but not bad considering many stayed away cos of the possible chance of getting wet:p

C :burnout:

Albie
04-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi folks. Just got indooors. Rained on M25 got bit damp but nothing to worry about. Thoroughly enjoyed my day meeting all the new faces. Thank you Ck for making me so welcome. It felt like i'd known you for ages. Shame the sun didn't shine at sammys but never mind. See you all soon and take care. :D :D

CK & AK
04-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Great to meet you too Albie - after all this time :D

Hope you can also make that run from Findon in 2 weeks time to Thorney Island - for the Victory Wheelers show & drag racing (cars & bikes). Just tell Kimi to get her btm out of bed a bit earlier :rolleyes:

off now for a well earned glass of vino in the sunny back garden...... bike cleaning can wait till tomorrow ;)

C

Hunny Monsta
04-07-2004, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE= Thoroughly enjoyed my day meeting all the new faces. Thank you Ck for making me so welcome. :D[/QUOTE]

Considering it was a little damp it was a good turn out. :cool:
Good to meet all of you, I agree with Albie everyone so friendly. :D

Thanks to Psychlists for picking me up. ;)

Flip good ride back, hope you did not get too wet?
Your exhaust sounds great. :lol:

Have a great holiday :)

Flip
04-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Well what can I say?...Woke up this morning to an overcast sky, a text to the Sussex rep and find out all the Sussex lot are wussing out due to the weather ...PAH!

A quick scoot to Bury Hill proves this to be the case and gets Kate thinking all my Monster buddies are imaginary.

So on to Chichester Tescos, again finding no Dukes (although we were a little early for the arranged rendevous).

Nothing for it but A/M27 showery Hell to Rownhams services where we are met by yet another car park empty of bikes...(Flip first to arrive somewhere?....That's never happened before eh folks?)

So we wait....and wait ...and then a solitary Monster arrives.....WAHOO! (good to meet you Han(?) on a S4R).

About 20mins later and Psychlist, Hunny Monster and hmmm....dunno, the guy on the 996 with only two bolts holding the rear sprocket on (coulda been nasty) turn up.

Not too long after this the rumble of twins and the rattle of clutches are heard as Muttley and CK's crowd pull in.

Then it's a little more dullness of the M27 before reaching Lyndhurst and then onto Sammy's.

A portion of chips, cakes, coffee and a chat later and the rain looks here to stay, so we and Hunny Monster decide to head off.

A somewhat soggy (but not slow) ride home and our leathers are drying out nicely.

Was cool to catch up with those that braved the weather (ahem) and meet a few new faces on such a typical British summer's day!

See y'all soon,
Flip & K8

P.S. But not until we've been to Santorini for two weeks of sun!

Albie
04-07-2004, 07:06 PM
a couple of pics at services.Nowt special just a few old dukes. :p Ps nice meet you Hunny monster. Nice bike by the way just what i want next year! umm :D

Albie
04-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Hope pics went gotta go to watch british superbikes on sky. see ya :D :D :D

psychlist
04-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Many thanks to the mechanic at Sammy Millers Motorcycle Museum for replacing Nicks 3 missing sprocket bolts, good job I made you sit down next to your bike Nick or it certainly would have quick released itself, with goodness knows what consequences on the motorway
As usual I forgot my camera so I hope someone else has some piccies
Nice to catch up with many of the South's bods, both DSC and UKMOC, as well as the few Sussex riders that made our numbers up to 22 (or was it 24?)despite the weather. Shame on those of you so called hardened Bikers wimping out cos of a little bit of drizzle :eek: :D :eek:
Met a few new Monster faces, Albie and Hunny Monsta ;) and enjoyed a leisurely bimble thro the new forest, even managed to keep everyone together. At least one young lad enjoyed the roar of Ducati's in Lyndhurst High St, didnt hear any car alarms going off tho' :burnout:
Topped off with a nice drink with Percy Hobbs and more nice company, and Charlotte of course :bunny: , followed by a wet ride back to my place with NBS996 and Andy900SSie (now you've got the "stickers" you really must get yourself on the DSC board Andy!) who took charge of the DP "race" screen I took off my 750SS, hope it lives up to my claims Andy
Sorry I couldn't arrange "decent" weather for the day but if you dont ride in the wet how can you expect to get used to it for the few occasions when you WILL be caught out :twisted:
See you again before I know but lets do it again next year :burnout:

JMo
04-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Glad to hear you ended up having a pretty good time afterall - but as for riding in the rain P, I've done plenty of that already this year and I really couldn't be arsed to ride another 200 odd miles today especially in soaking leathers, having done over 340 yesterday...

It's meant to be fun. Hell, it's meant to be summer!

xxx

PS. Flip - that's ripe! so how many meets have you made it to this year then?! Enjoy your holiday - only chance you'll get of seeing any sunshine this year I imagine... x

Albie
04-07-2004, 08:17 PM
It was a long ride about 250 + but well worth it. The rain wasn't a problem. Nice to meet you psychlist and you again Muttley and justin and flip :D Will get some wets i think. Cant stop the rain.Unless you dont want to have fun :p :D :D :rolleyes:

NBs
04-07-2004, 09:10 PM
OK Flip, I'll own up..... it was me..... what can I say, my nuts dropped on the M27! Don't know what happened there, all the bolts were present and correct last weekend :confused:

Big thanks to the resident spannerman at Sammy Millers who sorted me out with some new bolts AND some Locktite!!

Hunny Monsta
04-07-2004, 09:22 PM
A couple of pics, can you make out out the faces :rolleyes:
Thanks Albie about bike, though you already got a cracker :D

Glad to hear all got home safe and dry :eek: :burnout:

Albie
04-07-2004, 09:30 PM
I want a newer one. Was going to get a m1000 in the same colours as yours but money was tight then. Better job an now single again so will sort out something better for next year. May keep the 900 though :D

Melnie Mouse
04-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Nice pictures everybody, didn't look like it was too wet there, so glad everyone had nice day, and hope journey back wasn't too wet... :)

whatever has happened to our summer? :(

Albie
04-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Summers been n gone I think. :( Mind you it was wimbledon week wasn't it. Glad i didn't have to got to BSB at knockhill it p***ed down like brands. :( :( :( :(

Hunny Monsta
04-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Lets hope the weather gets better soon, then it be nicer meeting up again :D
That be good if you could keep the 900 as well :cool:
Hopefully meet for a dry ride again soon :bunny: :burnout:
No problem for you though, as you only did 240 miles or so in the wet. At least you know your clothing is waterproof :lol: