PDA

View Full Version : Wye Valley Tues 15th - Taffs welcome

Duncan
12-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Following last weeks brilliant blast up the Wye Valley a group of us are riding up to the Wye Knot in Symonds Yat again on Tuesday night. Once there we shall meet the Wye Valley ducati contingent.

For all of you on the English side of the bridge, meet Downend (Badminton Rd) Shell at 7pm,
We shall pick up any others at the motorway roundabout by Severn View services 7.30pm.

For any of the Welsh wrecking crew fancy a blast, why not join us by the racecourse at Chepstow to do the Wye Valley, or at the pub.

Same goes for those elusive Worcs / Herefordshire riders. Come along and say HI, the roads from all directions are ace and its on your doorsteps. Or we might just come round your houses, park the bikes on your lawn and drink all your booze.

JR
13-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Dunc,
If you intend doing the ring road, A38 to Alveston then thru the twisties to Aust for the 7 Bridge I will meet you opposite Marlwood School at 7 20 ish. Otherwise I will see you at 7 30 on the Aust services roundabout.

JR

Duncan
13-06-2004, 06:12 PM
JR

Probabaly do Hortham Lane up to Rudgeway, then cross the A38 and down Tockington Hill, or out thro Itchington, up to the lights at the Ship in Alveston. But it depends on whether everyone is on time at Downend, if not we just jump on the old M4 for a few miles down to the old bridge, so its best if you make your way to the bridge.

herbie
15-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Hopefully see you at Chepstow Race Course at 7:40 ???

herbie

Zimbo
15-06-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm on for this one, see you at the Severn View services roundabout 7.30 :D

Phoenix
15-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Nice to see you all out and about. See you next time :)

Duncan
15-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Nice to see Phoenix and TWPD over the Wye Knot. I think the DOC Hereford and Wye Valley got a shock to find 10 bikes in the car park when they arrived.

On Monsters, Nagger (all the way from Swindon) JR, myself and Herbie joined us in Chepstow. Louigi on his 851 and his mate on a 996, Zimbo on the 900ss and his mate on a Buell.

The ride was brilliant, just the right temperature, little traffic and people riding with you whom you can trust to ride safely. The Wye Valley is a bikers dream road and we were lucky to do it twice tonight.

These joint rides between clubs and sections are proving a success and the run over was great fun. Managed 80 miles too and on the way back JR and me found a watering hole serving beer to thirsty travellers.

Roll on the next one :lol: :lol:

JR
16-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Dunc,

I cant remember names, but you missed off the guy from 7rn beach with the 748, I was behind him for most of the way (apart from when I got to the front with my late braking! ) - what a beautiful sound it made.

JR