PDA

View Full Version : Help?!?!?!

SteveSki
10-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Hi to all,

I've got a problem and am...........how you say?......cacking my pants.

Took the Monster out for a blast Tuesday night and had a real good time.
However I gave it a clean last night and I have a OIL LEAK?!?!

I don't know exactly where it's coming from but it dripping off, from what I can tell, from somewhere above the point that the twin exhausts join into one.
(the manifold?)

Can anybody help?

slob
10-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Check if it's dripping off the filter..the seal on that can weep sometimes...it will blow back along the the engine as you're going along. Mine did once, oil change + new filter fixed it.
Does that mean you're not out tonight?

SteveSki
10-06-2004, 01:23 PM
unfortunately it does Rob.

it's leaking a bit too much for me to take it out.
Looks like that 6 months parts and labour warranty's gonna come in use!

slob
10-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Go on....just stick a band-aid on it and hope it doesn't get on your back tyre.
seriously though.
Hope its just a leaking filter gasket not something worse. Mine went when the weather got really hot in August, just a dribble though...used to see it sprayed on the front pipe when I came in from a ride(Triumph design feature to stop rust).

jase
14-06-2004, 02:23 PM
This sounds suspiciously like the problem I had on my old S4. I only noticed it after a holiday when I went to clean it. It was leaking from the rear cycliner base gasket into the little wells just behind it.
These wells fill up and overflow over the back of the engine so they can potentially reach the rear wheel.
I got it sorted out under warranty becuase it was a new (6 months old) bike.
A year later I rented a 999(brand new as well) from Ducati as part of a weekend trip to the factory they organised.
...and it did the same thing in the course of one weekend!