PDA

View Full Version : Advice for my rear end please....

Larraine Bamford
10-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Finally got around to fitting my high level cans (well one so far it was a real pig of a job as I had to bend the brackets several times and shave a few bits off to stop it from catching on the rear suspension). Anyhoooows, the back end just looks all wrong. The indicators look pants, too big and are almost knocking on the top of the can, it makes the number plate look enormous and I'm not so sure about the tea tray any more. I know a few of you have got high level cans, what indicators have you got on? Any advice for a beautiful rear end (no jokes please) would be most welcome as Daisy just looks a little odd.

brewhaha
10-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Hows about the bug eyed tail unit on offer from Spareshack, under "Links,Sponsor"?

gary tompkins
10-06-2004, 04:45 PM
3 words CHOP-IT-OFF :D

If you want to see my solution (and others) to the high cans & original tea tray/indicators saga folow this link ...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=7318

There are most likley others if you do a search :burnout:

Larraine Bamford
10-06-2004, 06:00 PM
I do like the bug-eyed tail unit. Now, does anybody have a black or carbon one going spare? Huh? Huh?

NattyBoy
10-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Only a brand spanker carbon one Lorraine with mucho discount...Check your PM..Also ask Drucilla for some pics of hers..looks dead good.

Nat

Paranoid Dave
11-06-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm a tail chopper myself, but if people want to keep them that's up to them. However it does look even more silly with high level pipes. Best thing to do is chop it and make a bracket for some new small aftermarket blinkers in a similar position.

Smaller plate will help too, if you want to stay legal just have one made the smallest legal size and chop the waste plastic off the edges, it does fit between the cans as gary can prove.

If you don't like the blinkers on top of the pipes you can always fit them to a bracket on the side of the plate so they are under the pipes as you look from behind. Just make sure they are really bright and easily visable like mine ;) :lol:

A Yerbury
11-06-2004, 08:01 PM
CHANGED A FEW BITS SINCE THis- sorry caps- picture but i put some flush motrax on the rear light, got the idea from eug who got it from an anerican person.....

Paranoid Dave
11-06-2004, 08:29 PM
GOT IT!

Speak to Stu at spareshack and get the new LED tail light. It plugs straight into the bulb fitting and the middle is red, the sides are orange. All you do is change to a clear lens cover and it's all built in :D Tidy or what. :twisted: