PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant's arse in my radiator

meths
09-06-2004, 08:19 PM
:mad:

Hello all,

I've just had a pheasant do a suicide dive into my radiator. Needless to say it's a write off. I've got a second hand one on the way, is there anything thats liable to catch out a novice when replacing it or is it a simple old one off and new one on type scenario.

any hints would be appreciated

meths

(death to pheasants)

Massey
09-06-2004, 09:26 PM
:lol: I've never replaced a pheasants arse before but as its second hand I would check it for leaks!

Tigerlily
09-06-2004, 10:43 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .............Nearly fell off me chair! :D

Sorry about your rad Meths, hope you can get it sorted soon :)
We don't all take the mickey on here*, I'm sure someone can give you some sensible advice ;)

*I just can't help myself sometimes!

spacemonkey
09-06-2004, 11:11 PM
I'm sure it will be easier to fix if you let it hang for a few days.

JMo
09-06-2004, 11:36 PM
May I suggest braising it in a red wine and shalot jus - and serving with dophinois potatoes...

xxx

Pedro
09-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Ahh, not so fast.If I remember correctly, if you kill a pheasant and pick it up, you can be arrested for poaching. If somone else kills it then it's ok......

Perhaps some pate?

Ped

jason cursley
10-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Hope you get the unpleasant pheasant situation sorted.

Anyway, do you still had the radiator? as I am looking for a knackered rad (without the wildlife, if possible) so that I can copy the mounts when I manufacture a slinky new one.

Cheers

Jason

nik_the_brief
10-06-2004, 10:37 AM
I can't believe that no-one's made any references to you being a pheasant plucker as Dr. Spooner would say... :D

madhatter
10-06-2004, 10:48 AM
I once thought I had narrowly missed a pidgeon only to discover it some 50+ miles later wedged between the exhaust pipes of my Kawasaki and cooked to perfection. :eek:

You can't smell burning feathers at speed through a crash helmet, but it did account for some of the strange looks I received when tootling through the town centres! :lol:

Massey
10-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Sorry Meths,

I feel responsible for for this. Hope you see the funny side and I'll get the beers in if we meet up on one of the ride outs.

Cheers,
Massey.

p.s don't ask for a beer and a red wine for the bird though!

A Yerbury
10-06-2004, 10:13 PM
please let me know if you plough through any more, I'm quite partial to game birds -wa-hey boom boom. It is in fact an easy on off scenario (unlike say "looking" at a carb or replacing a neutral switch or our mutual favourite, the lh hanger removal sans centre stand and bloody big "dont touch this" sticker..........)
ps hang that roadkill for a good 5 or 6 days, the higher the better dear boy.

walkingpictures
10-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Baked Pheasant Recipe :

1 can (10.75-oz) cream of chicken soup

1/2 cup Apple cider

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

3/4 tsp. Salt

1/3 cup Chopped onion

1 Clove (small) garlic, minced

1 can (4-oz) sliced mushrooms, drained

2 Pheasants

Paprika

Blend all ingredients except pheasants and paprika. Pour over pheasants and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, covered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Remove cover the last 30 minutes of cooking. After 1 hour, sprinkle again with paprika.

Fried Pheasant Recipe :

1 Pheasant Breast, boned
1 cup flour
1 cup corn meal
1 can beer
salt and pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions

Cut pheasant into 2 strips. Mix flour and corn meal. Add enough beer to make batter as thick as pancake batter. Fry strips until golden brown

Grilled Pheasant Recipe

4 boneless Pheasant Breasts

2 tsp Olive Oil

1 lb. of your favorite pasta

1 large, diced tomato

1 jar of prepared basil presto

Salt & Pepper to taste

Cook your favorite pasta as directed.

Turn grill on high heat.

Remove skin from pheasant breasts, brush oil on both sides and season with salt & pepper. When grilling, cook each side 4-5 minutes then turn 1/4 turn and grill another 2 more minutes. This will give nice grill pattern on meat.

Place pesto in sauce pan and add diced tomatoes. Heat on low until warm. Set aside with lid on to preserve heat. Stir slightly before serving.

Place pasta on plate, and top pasta with breast, and placed tomato basil pesto across breast for delightful presentation

Hee hee ;)

spacemonkey
10-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Inspired.. I just roast mine in foil and then open the foil for 10 mins to give a nice cricpy outer. Hey, at least you won't have to spit the shot out. Maybe a filler cap or two though..

Pedro
10-06-2004, 11:12 PM
I dunno what it is about my Monny. I've been licensed for about 18 years now and in 17 of those the other thing I've hit (apart from bugs) was a squirrel that ran out about four feet in front of the car - even then it got up and walked away.

Bought the Monster in April 2003 and have hit three rabbits and a wood pigeon (messy that one!!). I know Monsters are nice to look at but I wish the wild life would look from the hedge rows........

Ped

meths
11-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Guys,
until I got home and read your replies I'd spent 48 hours plotting the death of every pheasant I could get my hands on. Now it makes me laugh.... well...smile
....sort of.

Jason

No probs, although it is twisted aswell. I think its the mounting arms on the radiator.. I'll take it off tomorrow and let you know the damage to see if it's any use to you

Meths