PDA

View Full Version : Gloucester evening run June 9the

JR
05-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Duncan,

Saw your info about Wednesday evenings run out on another thread.
Come what may I will keep Wednesday evening free . Also, if I am around I will try to make it over to the DOC meeting on monday - if the sun is out I presume they turn up on bikes instead of cars!

JR

Fredcat
05-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Duncan,

Why do you persist in running the Ducati evening run on the same night as the BMW one!!!! :mad:

Any road up, My lad is playing at the school concert so I "have" to attend. :mad:

Bugger

Fred

Duncan
06-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Yep its on for Wednesday and what a scorcher we are promised.

Its a ride up the Wye Valley to a pub I know.

JR, see you Monday at the DOC Bristol. Fred, Snakey you gonna get across to the Golden Heart too. 2 new Monsterites there too, Louigi on his 750 and shorty 0n his S4.

Duncan
08-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Right, Wednesadays run up the Wye Valley is definitely ON. We are going to The Wye Knot in Symonds Yat. Some of the owners in the local DOC meet there and though its not their usual night, they are turning out especially.

Meet 6.55 at the Shell on Badminton Rd, Downend then leave at 7 prompt for the main meet at the Waggon and Horses in Thrupp Stroud at 7.30pm.

We have a few evening run virgins out too, theres a couple of staunch Ducatisti that have bought Monsters, Dave from Bristol on his new S4 and a bloke called Louigi on a 750 so if someone can bring some live chickens for the initiation ceremony. Seriously, any others whether they have ridden with us before or not, will be very welcome and theres gonna be a wide range of speeds / abilities, not least me sleeping at the back.

Duncan
10-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Wednesday nights run up the Wye Vally was a cracker. JR, I know you were definitely going to be here but it was just too far from Austria I suppose. As it turned out it was a joint UKMOC / Bristol DOC thing.

After a tea time clearing up storm, it brightened up enough to leave the leggings at home and 5 of us left Bristol (Louigi on his 750, Dave on his S4 and yours truly on a 900, a 888 and a Honda 600). At Stroud we collected Moon and Karen and the Magnificent Seven went for the Wye Valley.

The road from Alveston to the Severn Bridge is a cracker and theres a succession of bends that belong on a race track.
The weather was calm and the Severn bridge was spectacular with the setting sun directly between the pillars as we crossed. Once past Chepstow we hit the bendy bits and 15 miles of one of the best biking roads in the country. It was very quiet and we met no cars at all and very soon were in Symonds Yat at the Wye Knot.

The local DOC had arranged their meet to coincide and made us very welcome (thanks to Lisa Paskell). About 20 Italian bikes outside made a spectacular sight and we had a great evening.

Drifting off in little groups we hit what I thought was a rainstorm. It turned out to be the biggest insect shower I have ever ridden through. My visor cleaned just 5 minutes before was plastered in seconds and we had 3 miles of gnats, mosquitoes, moths and other insect life plastering us.
Once back in the Wye Valley it was a night ride home through the twisties with mucky visors, till a rain shower thoughtfully cleared the dead bugs off. Got home, 120 miles covered and a great evening had by all.

Next evening run - Anyone for the New Inn Waterley Bottom??

JR
11-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Dunc,
Sorry I did not make it on wednesday - after the DOC meeting on monday i was looking forward to the monster run. Sadly my tuesday dash into Belgium ended up as a trog into Austria, so only arrived home today (friday). I am glad you all enjoyed the evening out, especially as you used my local back road to the 7 bridge, indeed it is one of the best biking roads around - I presume you treated the long new 40 mph stretch with due Monster respect!! I look forward to next weeks "re-run".

JR

moon
12-06-2004, 12:45 PM
once again duncan, another great pub from your list of many
a very warm welcome from the doc
the wye valley is surely in the top ten of roads :D
after leaving pub in opposite way to you guys i blasted down road for about a mile,had to stop to remove flys from visor as i could no longer see
the rspb are worried about the numbers of flys, they should be
i have at least one million on my light

will look forward to next months waterly bottom :eek:

hey jr, bet you wished you had'nt made those comments about virtual bikers and people turning up in cars :lol:

JR
12-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Moon,

Last time (and the first time) I went to the DOC meeting it was pitch black, freezing cold, damp and drizling, and the pub had a big log fire going.
The car park had two Ducati's in it, both Monsters - mine and Duncan's, hence my comment. Nuff said methinks.

See you at Waterley Bottom.

JR

Duncan
12-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Moon

I did have a note from JR's reform hostel to say he wouldnt be allowed out to play because he had broken the rules and ridden his motorbike into the dining room.

They have persuaded me to take him out up the Wye Valley on Tuesday night for a re run as theres football on telly and they dont want him ruining that with his drunken loutish behaviour.

If you fancy a blast back over on Tuesday, be on the roundabout by Severn View services at 7.30pm.

D