PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Lever

Will
04-06-2004, 12:43 PM
My clutch lever hits the switch cluster when it is pulled fully in - is this normal on a 620?

The clutch lever isn't bent and the bike hasn't been crashed so Im sure that it has been like this since new.

Will

Pit Bitch
04-06-2004, 02:37 PM
It doesn't do it on mine. The lever is shaped to accommodate the switch cluster and fits snugly around it. It could be that the clutch lever or the switch cluster needs adjusting. Are you sure it's the right lever i.e. is it a dog-leg shape? PB.

Will
04-06-2004, 06:56 PM
It is dog legged - I haven't had a close look at it but maybe it can be moved a little in so that it misses the switches - I shall dash out to the garge now and take a look now -Thanks

Will

Migsangel
04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Will,
My dark did it when the switch cluster had twisted itself loose...
Make sure the switch cluster is not moving and positioned correctly...

A Yerbury
04-06-2004, 08:13 PM
after clipping on clip ons I moved them all around a bit, some of the bolts whilst being one on top one on bottom only really lock on one so just shuflle and squeeze!

slob
04-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Just checked mine, it JUST touches when the lever's all the way in. Doesn't seem to be a problem, never noticed before.

Will
05-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the all the comments - I re-adjusted the lever postion last night and I can just about get it to miss the switch cluster by about a 0.5mm - seems a bit too close for comfort - maybe my lever has a slightly different bend that others.

My bike always 'clonks' when putting it into first gear so I wanted to be sure that the clutch really is fully disengaged and this means making sure that the lever comes back as far as possible.

Will