PDA

View Full Version : Thursday and the sun is shining!!

SteveSki
03-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi to all!

As the sun seems to be making some sort of appearance today I was wonderin if the Essex (posse?) Benson, Slob & Jon fancied a burn this evening?

Along with whoever else would like to come out and play with some traffic?

Also I know it's Wickford this Sunday and are we all still going?
there hasn't been anything on the thread to completely clarify it?!?!

Reply back soon if you can, or text me on 07739 884155 and let me know!!

Cheers

Steve

slob
03-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Sorry Steve, got to work late today. Going to Wickford though, are we meeting up beforehand, if so where?

Eug
03-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Yeah I'd be up for a burn.

I'm in Buckhurst Hill - where were you thinking of meeting up/riding to ?

SteveSki
03-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Sorry to hear you can't make it Rob but defo. meet up before on Sunday.
About 11.30? you name the place..............

Ok Eug, well we normally hook up at the Castle around 7pm and go for a 'brisk' ride through to Stapleford abbots. But If you know of anywhere else on a thursday (**** turpin?!) we can go there!

fancy it?

slob
03-06-2004, 06:44 PM
11:30 Castle car park and we'll pootle out to Wickford then (unless anyone has any objections)

Eug
03-06-2004, 07:10 PM
11:30 Castle car park and we'll pootle out to Wickford then (unless anyone has any objections)

See you Sunday AM Slob (and Steveski and others)

SteveSki
04-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Ok 11.30 am at Le Castle it is.

I remember reading that Benson and a few others were meeting at the Roebuck? should we make an attempt to join them? or is our gang better than their one? :twisted:

Jon, you up for this?

slob
04-06-2004, 12:15 PM
we should meet at the roebuck then...unity and all that...
obviously more monsters=better...
i have no idea where the roebuck is

SteveSki
04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Too true.........
Well the Roebuck rings a bell, but I can't place it.
So i'll try and remind myself where it is!!

Talking of which, BENSON!?!? you know where it is don't you?!

up for it Eug and Jon?

Eug
04-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Roebuck is one road from me:
http://www.information-britain.co.uk/hotelimages/3398a.jpg

Click for map: Roebuck Hotel, Buckhurst Hill (http://multimap.co.uk/map/browse.cgi?X=541000&Y=195000&width=700&height=400&client=public&gride=541214&gridn=194542&srec=0&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&scale=25000&out.x=8&out.y=11)

Here is another map zoomed out for those coming from surrounding areas: Roebuck Hotel (http://multimap.co.uk/map/browse.cgi?X=540000&Y=195000&width=700&height=400&client=public&gride=541214&gridn=194542&srec=0&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&scale=50000&out.x=8&out.y=10)

Basically from the Castle you head off towards Epping and take the right-fork sign posted Buckhurst Hill.
Keep on going for about a mile and you will see the road in front of you go down a steep hill with lots of trees on either side.
Just before that you will see a sign for the Roebuck on the right-hand side of the road (next to a wooden bus shelter) and it's just off that main road.

I'll hear you guys coming past for sure but I'll try be there early to welcome y'all.

Gosh I should be the Buckhurst Hill rep :p

SteveSki
05-06-2004, 07:48 AM
you should be Eug!

i know where it is now!
my old stomping days....
ok roebuck at 11? as i think thats when the others are meeting.

Rob, meet you at the roebuck then?

cheers

Steve

slob
05-06-2004, 04:35 PM
roger roger, roebuck, 11

Eug
05-06-2004, 05:55 PM
11 or 11:30 at the Roebuck ?

SteveSki
06-06-2004, 09:09 AM
11 Eug.

Rob, who's Roger then? :)

benson
06-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Hello again Essex chums - hope that the ride out to Burnham was a good one. I came home via Rivetts and a new pair of gloves later my mits feel a whole lot happier - old gloves now consigned to the garden shed and new ones begging, and once again I say begging, to be taken out for a long ride one evening in the sun soon.

Meanwhile an evening run sounds like a good thing to me - we could head off via the Castle Car Park one night maybe out to Ongar - good pub called "The Cock" (Adnams Broadside beer - what more could we wnat??) virtually next to a large car park and opposite Tesco petrol station and metro shoppy thing - the road then heads off toward Chelmsford and we could play about over towards Danbury and Maldon or whatever. NOt sure what my week looks like at the mo but there HAS to be time for a blat around at some point!!!

See you soon, ride safe,
Rachel

slob
06-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Steve, Roger's married to the woman I love (Jessica)!
Rachel... definitely, whole week looks good on the forecast.
(Thursday's best for me)

Went to Wickford, there were monsters... more monsters,
had lunch and went to Burnham for icecream

slob
09-06-2004, 06:52 PM
So, Thursday evening 7 O'Clock, Castle car park? anyone?

benson
12-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Hello again all - sorry I didn't make anything this week - my only evening was spent riding up to Silverstrone and grinning like an idiot ear to ear with the ducati corse team - top night and all thinks go to Terry for irganising the lucky dip -excellent evening all round! Meanwhl this week I am mainly away with work - the week after looks better for me - hope the sun is shining wherever we all are!!!
Benson :twisted:

slob
16-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Anyone thinking of going out this week?
Are you working Benson? Have you fixed your oil-leak Steve?
I might head up the Castle for my traditional half-hour wait.
I guess we won't see Eug until he gets withdrawal symptoms and buys another monnie.

SteveSki
17-06-2004, 07:49 AM
So Eug has sold his Monster then!?!?
Thats a sad thing to hear.................

Still have the oil leak unfortunately, but am taking it back to 'The Shop' this Saturday
and I pray it'll be ready as i've missed nearly all this wonderfull weather.......:-(

benson
20-06-2004, 01:28 PM
Hello all - :D hope that you have managed to be out and enjoying the weather.

Me and that monster ;) have been recovering from a frenzied attack of spending lots of cash with Woody over at Dave Wood Racing.

Here's the stroy- I wen tover thereon Tuesday thinking that my new shock was "in" so I left the bike and wandered off to M&S for a sarnie when I got a call - "it's the wrong shock!" :eek:

I mean - What choice did I have other than to have new rear sets, clutch resevoir, front indicators, bigger master clutch cylinder doodah and a golden rear suspension hoop.... ???:lol:

So the rear shock will arrive soon (I hope) and the power commander will be set up soon (I hope) and then we'll be out on the raods but by then it will probably be raining.....
Meanwhile hope you are all OK and yes please to another meet up soon - hope that oil leak gets fixed, hope the Eug realises his error and hope that Slob hasn't been in the castle too long!

Bigs loud exhausty noises and little indicators,
Rachel and Frank :bunny:

SteveSki
29-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Hello to all!!

Well 'The Shop' have had Carbon Elecktra now (yes, finally got a name for her!) for almost two weeks and think they know what is pi$$ing out of it..........

Supposedly it's the Clutch Slave? meaning it's not oil leaking but transmition fluid?!
So I was told it would be a quick repair and i'd have her back in less time than it takes to overtake a BMW driver (that one was for you Rob)

However, they don't do a replair kit for the Clutch Slave anymore (yeah, like I believe that) and so are waiting for the part so they can replace it.

Micky Mouse?
You too ****ing right it is.......

slob
29-06-2004, 02:09 PM
sorry to hear that Steve, I guess that means no-one'll be out on Thursday? I may be all alone @ The Castle again(sob). Is anyone going down to Sammy Miller's on Sunday?
Wanna meet up this end first?

SteveSki
29-06-2004, 04:49 PM
ha ha ha ha ha
I've just had the call from 'The Shop' and she's ready to collect..........
So with any luck Rob and depending on the weather, i'll be there thursday.......

benson
30-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Glad to hear that the problem is sorted :lol: and yes - I had a similar experience with my clutch fixed under warranty etc and now hopefully fully sorted...

Meanwhile I am still waiting for the rear suspension unit :rolleyes: and to have the pwer commander set up so I won't be with you tomorrow :( - actually it's a firneds leaving do or I'd be there in the BM-but ride safe and havew fun and where or what is sammy millers??? :bunny:

slob
01-07-2004, 12:45 PM
... and where or what is sammy millers??? :bunny:

sammy millers is a museum or somethingdown in the new forest
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=7518