PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Folks but..

Phoenix
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Area Rep up for grabs i'm afraid. May suit someone more pushy than me. I just want to go out and have some fun on my bike.

Duncan
01-06-2004, 08:14 PM
P

Thats a shame.

Glos areas still running next door so get over and see us sometime.

D
xx

CK & AK
01-06-2004, 08:17 PM
P,

Have fun with your riding - I am too! :D

C

Zimbo
01-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Can't say I'm surprised Lin.
Worcester region folks, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Lin's arranged rideout after rideout, and time and time again we get one or perhaps two turn up. It certainly doesn't seem worth the effort Lin puts in :confused: :confused:

Phoenix
01-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Cheers Duncan I'll take you up on that :)

Thanks Zim... ;)

Banshee
01-06-2004, 10:44 PM
I find it hard keepin up with ALL the Staffs and Birmingham lot to.
Shame mrsP. :cool:

Zimbo
02-06-2004, 08:06 AM
In fact, thinking about it, the few monsters that have turned up to rideouts this year have been from outside the area!
One down from Rugby, an S4 and a 916 from Coventry I think ?? and a couple up from Gloucestershire. There hasn't been a single Worcester group monster turn up at even one meet this year, apart from the National at Arrow Mill perhaps.

Duncan
02-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Zimbo

Its precisely what I have said before about virtual riders, plenty of them in the Worcs area but unable to support one of the best area reps this club has. Without the likes of yourself and JR turning up to runs, Glos group would also be in this situation and other areas must be seeing this too. The message is clear, if you dont support your local group, it will fail to exist and you only have yourselves to blame.

At Arrow Mill the local riders were one of the least represented groups. They cant say they wernt warned this would happen, they begged Phoenix to stay on but failed to support her.

This is a sad day for the UKMOC in this region.

Banshee
02-06-2004, 03:45 PM
We have to come to terms with the fact the club only has max 200 members, now i'm not saying its a bad thing. its just a fact :rolleyes:

Phoenix
02-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Duncan thanks for the kind words :)
You yourself put lots of effort into your programme and deserve recognition for that too.
It's a shame that the support doesn't follow really but as you say..virtual riders and all that.

Zimbo
02-06-2004, 06:58 PM
I'll second P's words, Duncan, you certainly deserve some recognition for the work you put in as Glos area rep.
A warning to all, perhaps this should be moved into Random chat so more see it, failure to support local rideouts will eventually lead to no local organisation. It doesn't take a lot, and you might even enjoy it ...

Duncan
02-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Zim, P

Glos area have got an evening ride out Weds 9th June. Planning to go up the Wye Valley to either the boat at Redbrook or the Wye Knot at Symonds Yak. Am trying to get in touch with Dave Paskell of the DOC who have a meet over that way to see if theyre interested in meeting us. Will keep you posted, but if its a night like tonight it will be great.

D

Phoenix
02-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Ahh sorry hun I can't make that night on account of being in France till Thursday chasing Mickey Mouse around :rolleyes:

BoozyBOB
02-06-2004, 11:38 PM
hope we will still have a meet at Avebury some time Lin..(that was my first ever UKMOC meet)...
like Dunc and Zimbo said most meets have more neighboring area members turn up..my last meet 12 monsters 4 were Hampsters...
I am sure you will still enjoy your pootle (blast) around..take care.. :lol:

Phoenix
03-06-2004, 12:40 AM
Course we can hun :)

automa
03-06-2004, 08:44 PM
In fact, thinking about it, the few monsters that have turned up to rideouts this year have been from outside the area!
One down from Rugby, an S4 and a 916 from Coventry I think ??

Kenilworth & Warwick

Never came again because we expected more riders (Ducati) and to ride as a group.

Paranoid Dave
03-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Lin, good for you, enjoy the bike and friends, far more important than an 'area'
For one reason or another I don't organise a suffolk meet any more, with only about 6 monsters in a 50 mile radius it's not worth it (and that's 3 counties). Doesn't mean I don't keep in touch, or am not willing to meet, ride with them. That's how we do it over here. I'd much rather let someone decide for themselves where to ride and when, and meet up somewhere than organise something because I feel like I should.

OK - wickford is an exception to the rule.

Enjoy the freedom, you deserve it. But please don't leave us stranded next year at arrow, nobody knows those roads like you do. :D

xx

A Yerbury
03-06-2004, 09:34 PM
feel free to pop by some day tho, despite the law ahem we could still eat a few of the lovely b's around this way.
Alex
ps got it fixed myself but thanx 4 the garages stratford was too far and the other place is tting it for the next 14 days. hope u got your groove back (re confidence)
x

Phoenix
03-06-2004, 10:38 PM
feel free to pop by some day tho, despite the law ahem we could still eat a few of the lovely b's around this way.
Alex
ps got it fixed myself but thanx 4 the garages stratford was too far and the other place is tting it for the next 14 days. hope u got your groove back (re confidence)
x

Will do :) glad you got it sorted....and thats why I can't get hold of them then. Penny Drops :)