PDA

View Full Version : Direct Choice - best insurance quote I could find

nik_the_brief
01-06-2004, 02:33 PM
I've just received my renewal notice from Direct Choice (0845 26 27 28).

Tried all of the suggested companies on this forum and none could match it - the guy at InsureMyDucati asked me what I'd been quoted, laughed, told me not to bother shopping round any further as no-one else would be able to touch it and wished me a happy christmas!!

I'm (comparatively) venerable, have no accidents or convictions and live in blue rinse heaven by the sea so these factors help (as does the fact that my baby lives in a brick built garage).

The negative is that I am a newbie rider (have had my Duc just over a year now and bought it the day I passed my test). Notwithstanding this fact I was quoted £170.96 fully comp - I was relatively happy to phone 'em back and giv e them my business for another year.

if you're renewing your insurance soon give them a try (Wicked Quotes wanted £206, Ducati Insurance wanted £195). It's gotta be worth a phone call.

NBs
01-06-2004, 04:23 PM
I'd agree with that mate, they cover my car and my off-roader at the best prices I could get. Their sister company, Premium Choice, cover me 996 and blade with major modifications declared for a good price too - this was sorted out by Ronnie at InsureMyDucati.
One point though.... check your paperwork! When my 996 policy came through, it didn't reflect the phone conversation to get the quote, although it was corrected at no extra charge. They've been very helpful in after sales too, when I've needed to ammend the policy I've not just been told "sorry sir, your policy doesn't allow that..." it's been a case of "I'll talk to the underwriters and get back to you".

spacemonkey
03-06-2004, 06:23 PM
£176???? Fully Comp??? Git!!
I'm 32, have 10+ years ncb, safe job, no accidents or recent convictions, and my bike is about £500 Third Party, Fire and !!!!, and my cars are both £500 + for TPFT too!!! GIT! GIT! GIT!!

daedos
04-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Tried H&R? - they were great for me. I'm 23 with 0NCB and have a M600. The bike is datatagged, parked on a driveway and they only charged me £335 TPFT

Nigel C
04-06-2004, 08:20 PM
£176???? Fully Comp??? Git!!
I'm 32, have 10+ years ncb, safe job, no accidents or recent convictions, and my bike is about £500 Third Party, Fire and !!!!, and my cars are both £500 + for TPFT too!!! GIT! GIT! GIT!!

would that have something to do with living in London Town ?????