PDA

View Full Version : Rearsets

invigiator
31-05-2004, 06:47 AM
How interchangeable are rearsets?

Will the rearsets on any monsters fit any other? For example will ST4 2002 rearsets fit my '99 M400, or is that too optimistic?

Will aftermarket rearsets from any other monster fit mine, or are there differences in models and years?

After 3 hours of track time at Sendai circuit yesterday there isn't much left of my pegs and levers; the stock monster has serious ground clearance issues!

Gizmo
31-05-2004, 08:07 AM
The DPP catalogue only shows one part number and looks like its suitable for MS4 01/02 and all 600/620/750/800/900/1000 bikes. I've got a 2002 M750 which I always struggle to get the right bits for but with the rear sets Spareshack supplied they fitted first time, no modifications needed other than a slight repositioning of the gear selector to get the pedal position I wanted, moving the rear broke hose a few degrees and a longer length of rubber hose to remount the master resevoir. I also fitted a rear master cyclinder alloy protector, my Alpinestars boots were catching it, also used domed bolts for the master cylinder so boots don't catch as much now.

Well worth it to improve ground clearance although it'll change comfort, with a low seat height and high pegs my hips now suffer.

invigiator
31-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Thanks. That's EXACTLY the information I needed. Very very useful for me. I have immense difficulty finding things out here in Japan because of the language problem.

Only one question, what is the MS4? Do you mean the monster 400 (mine is model no. M400) or do you mean the ST4?

Many thanks for your help,

Julian

Gizmo
31-05-2004, 08:49 AM
MS4 is Monster S4, just checked agin and the M400 is inlcuded in the rear sets list, check with Stuart at Spareshack just to be sure though. He also supplies passenger pegs and brackets if you have standard pipes not hi level.

Didn't realsie you were in japan, I shouild be there again later this year or maybe early next

invigiator
31-05-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks again for the info.

Let me know when you're coming to Japan next, and maybe we could meet up. The motorbike scene over here is pretty hard to beat.