PDA

View Full Version : Bolt sizes

pooh
30-05-2004, 11:07 PM
A while ago someone, maybe pedro or ped posted some lists of bolt lengths for replacing engine, frame bolts with stainless. Does anybody know were the lists are? cos i can't find them anymore and the boss wants me to change all her's on the 620.

Ian

Pedro
31-05-2004, 06:09 AM
A while ago someone, maybe pedro or ped posted some lists of bolt lengths for replacing engine, frame bolts with stainless. Does anybody know were the lists are? cos i can't find them anymore and the boss wants me to change all her's on the 620.

Ian

Hi Ian

here's the link to my original thread:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=6174

I can email the file as well if you like (see your pm list)

Ped or Pedro? Nah, were the same person!

Pedro

shenton
01-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Hi Ian,

I used Pedro's very comprehensive list to get hold of a complete set of A4 Stainless fixings for my 1997 M600. Most seem to be the same as used on the M900 (Basis for Pedro's list) but a few are different, most notably the four you need for the Handle Bar Clamps. The 900 has M8 x 60 but my 600 needed M8 x 70. To save you needlessly buying the wrong size I'd spin a bolt out of the bar clamp and check.

Russ

Pedro
01-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Good advice Russ

I actually went round the entire bike taking bolts out one at a time to compile the list hence my comments about checking.

Also, if you want the bolts to be nice and shiney, stick each one in a drill, dip the end in polish (I used metalic paint T Cut) and stick it on an old sock or similar and spin it up for about ten seconds. Then repeat the spinning on a clean cloth. Some of the bigger bolts tend to look a little rough from when they're made, I dressed them up with fine ish wet & dry.

HTH
Ped

pooh
01-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Will check the bolts as Lorraine's bike is a 620ie as for polishing I have a bench grinder with a pair of buffing wheels on it that makes it even easier.

Many thanks
Ian