PDA

View Full Version : Metdreth Manor Show - 16th June

Chris
30-05-2004, 08:32 PM
I went to this show 2 years ago and it was fantastic and very well attended, missed it last year so hope to make it this year. I will be riding out from Bedford to the show (don't know what route yet, will have to check the map) and will leave at 6:00pm. Planned meeting place will be at the Embankment at 5:45.

So, who can make it???

For more information see Royston District Motorcycle Club (http://www.rdmc.org.uk)

elaine
30-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Have put that in the diary Chris.
A few suggestions are:
18th July ride out to Rockingham for the British Superbike and 15th August for the Ace Cafe. These are both Sundays.
Is the the date for July going to be the 14th or the 21st for a Wednesday Wobble?

Chris
30-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I can't make Rockingham myself, but sounds like a good plan. What's on at the ACE? I have made a note of it anyway.

July meet, erm... 14th! Unless anybody has any objections.

peteS4
30-05-2004, 10:00 PM
i'm up for anything................. what the hell...................... bring it on............. :burnout:

Migsangel
31-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Hello,

Here is a link to the Royston Motorcycle club. They have some piccies about last years show.

http://www.rdmc.org.uk/

Here is the map of where Meldreth Manor is, just in case you are not coming from Bedford with Chris.

www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=537500&y=246500&z=3&sv=meldreth&st=3&tl=Meldreth,+Cambridgeshire+[City/Town/Village]&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

Jann and I hope to make it up to the show, but we will just have to find you at the Manor....

Chris
31-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks Migs, I had already posted the link to rdmc, but the map is very useful. I hadn't found it myself yet! Hope to see you there.

madhatter
01-06-2004, 09:59 AM
That Pete! He's just anyone's for a ride-out!

I am out on business in Brackley on the 16th, but I will try to get back in time to make the run from the Embankment at 6.00. I also heard about the RDMC show last year, after the event, and people said that it was good.

If not, I will probably meet everyone there.

Could Elaine (mumsie) bring a first aid kit with some Sunscreen and Aftersun for Pete? :twisted:

CK & AK
01-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Chris - 15th Aug is Streetfighter day at the Ace - see National calendar link here for all multi meets & interesting things :rolleyes: :

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=4667

C :)

elaine
01-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Mumsie here!

I always have the essentials in my tank bag !These obviously include baby wipes, visor wipes, sunblock - please! - factor 50 and Nivea for aftersun.
First Aid Kit did not help yesterday tho as Robin was hit by this HUGE people carrier who decided to do a U turn straight into him. The van/car driver was looking the other way!!

Highly commend service in Bedford A & E much improved since my last visit but I do have to say the coffe machine was not. Can't have everything.

Will still be up for the trip to Cambridge tho. See you all at the Embankment.

peteS4
01-06-2004, 09:16 PM
i'm guessing robin is the guy who rode with us on sunday......... god i hope he's ok elaine........ give him my best wont you........... i got on well with him, really nice guy............... just goes to show you............ and i'm on for the camb ride too.......... but i think you all already knew that !!!!!!! and elaine............... i'm going for slim girls these days........ well.... i did chop my babys bottom off on monday....... she a sexy girl now :D

Chris
02-06-2004, 07:16 AM
Elaine, give my best wishes to Robin. I assume that nothing's broken.

I agree with the comment on Bedford A&E, they saw me within about 30 minutes, I was very impressed.

See you on the 16th. ps. if you fancy digging a map out and looking for a route to Meldreth that'd be helpful. I don't remember which way I went last time, but remember there were some nice roads out that way.

peteS4
02-06-2004, 07:56 AM
chris, i'm an ex whitevan man, i'll have a look for a route if you like....will post ideas tonight (weds)..................

madhatter
02-06-2004, 08:15 AM
:eek:
Please give Robin all my best wishes as well Elaine. I hope that there was not too much damage to either him or his bike, as Pete says, he's a decent bloke and we hope to see him on the bike again soon.

I'm Still hoping to make the 16th and looking forward to seeing you all again, particularly inspecting Pete's rear-end! Still buzzing from Sunday!!!

When working out a route to Meldreth remember that the A505 between Baldock and Royston is littered with speed cameras.

peteS4
02-06-2004, 05:37 PM
theres a B road from the A1 through potton......... left map in van but will get it later, take the A road out of bedford through moggenhanger (think thats spelt right !!!!) to the A1 the B road takes you almost all the way....... theres also a nice straight A road route for way home if its dark by then

elaine
02-06-2004, 06:49 PM
:( Robin has two broken bones in his left ankle and an open wound the other side of the ankle.
Big bang believe me.
Will not go into the gorry details but blame Pete for mentioning girls who like scars!!

Unbelievably there is very little damage to the bike as Robin's ankle and leg took the main impact. He was a hero tho and didn't throw it away. Kept it upright with broken ankle til ambulance came!

Pete. Do you want Robin's place on the track day? He will not need it now.

16th. Route. Moggerhanger, Sandy, Potton, Wrestlingworth etc is way I usually go to Cambridge. How much time do you want to take to get there?

Julie
02-06-2004, 07:02 PM
sorry to read about robins crash, hope hes soon better.

take care

julie and ruth

elaine
02-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Many thanks for your thoughts.
I have passed them on.
I am trying hard to be supportive but we were supposed to be off to France in 2 weeks touring! My S4 is crying quietly in the shed.

peteS4
02-06-2004, 09:01 PM
elaine, my need for the track day relies on me losing a stone......... have to wear full leathers and mine are a little on the snug side at moment........ really couldnt face a whole day in them........ winter was a little too good to me, couldnt keep my mouth shut !!!!!!!!!! but am rthinking about it............. do you think i could lose a stone in little over a month...........

madhatter
03-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Pete.....the answer to guaranteed weight loss is simple.....give me your S4 for 1 month and walk everywhere......I will take very good care of her.....exercise her......feed her petrol......when you get her back you will be as lean as a stick and the motor will be all warmed up ready for you!

What are mates for, if not to help out where we can? :twisted:

peteS4
03-06-2004, 07:13 PM
lol............. you have 1 hope of getting your hands on her and its not bob.............. hes dead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elaine
03-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Pete
Diet will work if you give up beer and pies.
Otherwise go to Dobbs Leathers in Northampton who will let them out for you.
Suits you sir and in leather!

Mumsie

peteS4
03-06-2004, 09:29 PM
elaine....... tell you what.........if someone else wants it, let them have it, i dont want you to lose out on money, but if no one has taken it off you, i'll buy it off you nearer the day........ whatever happens, i'll be going up, even if only to watch and meet up, but if its still going, its mine............ cant say fairer than that.............. and please dont take the mumsie thing the wrong way......... was mean in a nice way.........you really hussle along the back roads......... nice to be out with.............

elaine
04-06-2004, 07:02 PM
:) Pete.
There was never any question about money for the track day. If you want it it's yours.
My friends don't have Monsters so they would have to share and both them and I are a bit hesitant about that.
We can talk more next week on the 16th, if I can get away from playing Nursie.
Have a great weekend with all your new bits on your bike.
Hope to see you and Madhatter next week.
Hope Madhatter is not miffed but he said he didn't have a two piece suit.

peteS4
04-06-2004, 09:13 PM
elaine, i thank you for the offer but if i take it, i will pay....... robins luck is bad enough.......... its the least i can do......... and i wont take no for an answer.......... anyway.......... mcn printed a list of suspension settins for different bikes........ one of which is the S4......... gives settings for a ten stone person. ie a lady........ and a 16 stone person........... ie me :( .... so should have her hanging right soon too :burnout:

madhatter
05-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Elaine,

No probs like I said, no two piece zip up race suit and no ACU race approved helmet, so it would be too costly for me.....anyway, tell me more about the playing Nursie bit.....is there a uniform involved?? xx ;)

elaine
06-06-2004, 02:06 PM
My Nursie is more like the one in Blackadder!!

elaine
06-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Pete
:) Just had word back from Terry and he says he will refund the costs so there is absolutely no pressure.
If you want to use it great. If not hope to see you there.
I am so keen to get on the track now as I want to spend the day in the safety of other bikes and nothing coming the other way or doing u turns in front of you!!
Hope to see you all on wednesday night.
Just finished watching GP. Chris is a lucky young chap.
I want to go to Mugello next year!

peteS4
06-06-2004, 09:47 PM
is it wednesday we go to the show.............. thought it was tuesday for some reason........i'd be sat outside the pub a long time waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Chris
09-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Back from Italy, Fantastic trip. Need to a bit of cleaning and check out one or two minor problems with the bike but should be all sorted for the 16th (Wednesday!)

madhatter
09-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Things are looking good here for the 16th. My meeting has been postponed so it looks like I will be ok for meeting up with you Guys and Gals (mumsie) at the Embankment at 5.45 (who else is meeting up here??).

I'm Fitting new front pads tonight, so I can really test out the adjustments I have made to ride height and pre-load, as I can't afford to keep buying replacement number plates.

The Duke will be all loaded up with camping gear this week-end as I am off to the MAG Lion Rally in Reading Friday through to Sunday, looking forward to seeing you on the 16th and Pete's born again S4..........well it look's ok I suppose (envy! envy!). ;)

madhatter
15-06-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm back from spending the weekend at the MAG "Lion Rally" in Reading......many consumed beers later.....significantly poorer than before.

The weather still looks good, just cooling down a little, so whose up for meeting at the Embankment in Bedford tomorrow?? :burnout:

Will
15-06-2004, 12:17 PM
If the weather is still OK I will be going to the show directly from St.Ives - should get there about 7.30 ish.

Will

peteS4
15-06-2004, 11:46 PM
i may have a slight prob........ driving around east and cent london tomorrow........... am hoping to be back in time........ if i'm not outside embankment pub by 5.40 i wont make it at all....... really sorry, feel bad if i do let anyone down....... will try my best......... promise

Chris
16-06-2004, 06:36 PM
If anybody made it tonight, sorry I wasn't there, having bike problems. The nut on the end of the crank that holds the fly-wheel and alternator on had come lose, damaging the alternator, fly-wheel and stopping the starter working. Bummer!!!

Hopefully have it up and running again soon.

walkingpictures
16-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Bugger,bad news there Chris,hope you get it sorted soon.I know I said I would see you there too but I couldn't go cos I can't ride my bike at the moment due to being a prat and breaking my finger - makes using the clutch not possible grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(
When I get back on the road I hope to meet up with you guys in Bedford

See ya soon

Kimbo :)

madhatter
17-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Elaine and I thought things were looking a bit bleak when the time got to 6:15 and there was still just the two of us. :( :(

Both of us are interested in the UKMOC Sammy Miller run-out on the 4th of July, how about a Beds run Chris? If there is not another Beds meet at the Embankment planned before then, I hope to see you all again then.

Kimbo....what about strapping all your fingers together and wearing a mitten? May not look attractive, but gets the old bum on the bike seat again! :lol:

Chris
17-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Sorry again I didn't make it, hope you enjoyed the show. Martin B went, but missed the 2 of you at the Embankment.

I was at Dave Wood Racing looking at bits of my bike in disgust!! All fixed now, should pick it up tomorrow, just got the big bill to pay! I would have tried to call somebody to let them know but I lost my phone in Switzerland last week.

Could any Bedford monsters pm me their mobile numbers for future reference. Thanks.

elaine
17-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Chris. Not sure how you pm info. :confused:

All going well after the track day I fancy the trip to Sammy Miller's.

Anyone else going?

Chris when r u going up 2track day?

peteS4
17-06-2004, 09:28 PM
well i still feel like i let peeps down but at least i wasnt the only 1 ......... will look at the post for the sammy miller thing !!!!! but keen to get together again.......... i'll pm you all my mobile number.......... its a start.......... take care

Chris
18-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Sorry, I can't do 4th July, but sounds like you guys will have a group ride down there.

Martin and I have discussed going up to Mallory the night before, and maybe camping (I have friends in Loughborough where I might stay) but hadn't finalised times etc. yet. I am probably taking the bike up on the trailer.

If you click on my name, it should bring up my profile, and on that there should be an option to send me a PM.

peteS4
18-06-2004, 10:53 AM
elaine........... for some reason you dont have private messages or allow anyone to email you.......... talk to terry about it, maybe you need activating !!!!!!!! ooh suits you sir :eek: but if you mail me at pd11wb@aol.com i will send you my mobile number so we can all sort out meets in future......... will also pm it to chris and dave ( i think thats your name fella) see you soon