PDA

View Full Version : Scottoiler

Psychiatric
28-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of fitting a Scottoiler to my recently acquired '95 M600, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where the best place is to fit the reservoir?
And how often do the carbs need balancing?
Thanks in advance.

Julie
28-05-2004, 11:23 AM
i have also just bought one for my 620 03. i'm getting the dealer to fit it when we take it for a service.
i'll let you know where thay fit it. but i think they put the pot thing behind the plastic side panels

Julie
28-05-2004, 11:26 AM
http://www.scottoiler.com/support_guide10.asp

Larraine Bamford
28-05-2004, 11:28 AM
I've got mine fitted behind the off side plastic panel, just fits nice and snug in there.

Paranoid Dave
28-05-2004, 06:08 PM
You could use an extra long tube and clamp the res to your top yoke to show everyone how proud you are of your Lovely new purchase Julie.

Don't forget to use those BRIGHT YELLOW stickers too. :D :lol:

NewMon
28-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Look at: http://www.esterill.demon.co.uk/scottoiler/

I repositioned the resevoir after the pics were taken. It is now hidden properly.

Let me know if you want more info. There were some useful threads on this but they've gone now.

snakey
01-06-2004, 08:17 AM
I have mine fitted to the frame under the l/h side panel, and the delivery tube to the front sprocket, to minimise the oil over the rear wheel - I ckecked with scottoiler and they said that this was ok.

slug
01-06-2004, 02:58 PM
....route the delivery tube to the front sprocket.
I am also getting a little bit of oil flung on to the rear wheel even with the valve thingy set to 1.

Excellent piece of kit tho' well worth the money.

I would agree that the best place for the reservoir is concealed beneath the side panel. In order to get mine completely hidden I didnt use the black plastic mounting bracket, I seated the res' on a strip of dense sponge from a foam camping mattress.
Will post pics when I get home.

snakey
01-06-2004, 03:37 PM
I just ran the feed down the frame tube and cable tied it in place so that the stiff plastic end is just above the chain. I have to go down to the garage in a bit and can take a photo if you would like to see it.

Pete

slug
01-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Pete
a picture would be good thanks
so, let me get this straight, the black plastic tube is above the chain so it drips down, it doesent actually touch the sprocket?

Psychiatric, attached is a pic of where I positioned my reservoir. When the side panel is on you cant see a thing. You need to take the seat off to fill up with oil, having said that mines on the lowest setting and its used half a reservoir in >1500 miles.
The feed tube is routed down the back of the footpeg hangers and on to the swing arm. Its quite simple although if you use a paddock stand you can sometimes knock the end tube off the sprocket, you can then end up with oil everywhere but on the chain, which is why routing it to the front sprocket is interesting.

snakey
01-06-2004, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=slug]Pete
a picture would be good thanks
so, let me get this straight, the black plastic tube is above the chain so it drips down, it doesent actually touch the sprocket?

here's the pic, not too much to see though!