PDA

View Full Version : got me some new cans...

dukiwi
28-05-2004, 06:59 AM
I picked my bike up yesterday after having my new ductai performance low level carbon cans + air filter fitted. Boooootiful. It's like a new bike. The sound/feel is amazing. I don't know if it's just the growl that has altered my perception of it all or not, but it seems to pick-up a tad quicker too. The bike does seem a little more "snatchy" and requires a little more clutch control to keep it smooth when crawling along in first...a result of the remapped fueling perhaps?

Anyway, I goddam love it.

Has anyone done a poll before to see how many of us have got some heat from the law for having illegal pipes? Would anyone even be interested?

Cheers,
Rich

slug
03-06-2004, 10:46 PM
I did the same mod as you and have been getting 50mpg as opposed to 40 before I carried out the mod.
I was paranoid about being stopped for noisy pipes but havent had any probs in the last couple of months or so.

Bbrrrmmmm Bbrrrrmmmm

Albie
03-06-2004, 11:05 PM
It seems we may get away with because we have the perception of ducatis being very loud and rumbly by the plod. Even my 65yr old mother doesnt moan and accepts it .Ha :p :p :D :rolleyes:

Tigerlily
15-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Are those the Remus ones you've put on? Rabbit's just put some Remus on my 600 tonight and I just can't believe the difference. We did a few other little jobs too and it feels like a completely different bike (and I've only done 8 miles on it tonight!)

:D :D :D :D :D

dukiwi
16-06-2004, 06:19 AM
yup, remus ones. and they're great. i'm just worried that i'm too noisy now. they are easy to keep the noise down around town, but when blasting down some country lane they make a bloody racket.

Pedro
16-06-2004, 06:25 AM
They're even better in multi-storey car parks! Have a spin round one and see how many car alarms you can set off!

Ped
Leo Vince Carbon Cans, 105 decibel versions, going slightly deaf!

slob
16-06-2004, 06:49 AM
With luck no one will say 'Sorry mate I didn't hear you.' Loud pipes save lives.

steviej
16-06-2004, 08:25 AM
It seems we may get away with because we have the perception of ducatis being very loud and rumbly by the plod. Even my 65yr old mother doesnt moan and accepts it .Ha :p :p :D :rolleyes:

Totally agree there Alb, got stopped last Wednesday 'cos my number plate was pointing to the stratosphere but the loudish pipes, lack of rear reflector, tinted visor didn't even faze PC Plod and his sidekick. (only got a producer & a pick copy for the MOT man. :D

DesmoDog
16-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Remus, love em - mine fair shake the street when I start her up.

slug
16-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Ducati Performance Cans are made by Remus, well mine were.

I am curerntly doing a County Council/Police approved advanced riding course and both the instructor and a policeman commented on that "Great Ducati Sound" fortunately they are both bikers. They both knew my cans were illegal but I think their priority on the course is to make me a better rider.

It is fair to say that most average Police Officers dont know too much about the technical side of motor vehicle legislation. If you are a sensible rider it is unlikely that you will get pulled by the average panda driver for anything other than straitforward stuff like lights and number plates.

Having said that if enough members of the public complain about 'noisy motorbikes' then traffic Officers (who do know all the techy stuff) will be told to target the offenders and you can be reffered to the courts to be dealt with which could be worse than a simple fixed penalty notice.