PDA

View Full Version : 13th June (Sunday) - Camber Sands

JMo
24-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Thought it might be time to head East for a change, take in a few nice country roads, a pub for lunch, then an ice-cream and a paddle at Camber Sands before heading home the pretty way...

Hope to meet up with a few of the Kent-crowd too?

Sussex meet point/s & time/s nearer the time, but would suggest Haywards Heath (so we can do the nice bit via Balcombe and Turners Hill), or Crawley/East Grinstead, before heading over towards Tunbridge Wells to pick up any Kentities, then head for the coast...

Let me know what you think,

JennyMo

xxx

james t
25-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Sounds good to me, But depends on getting bike back from Pro Twins, Have booked it in for belt change/service/mot etc. (Thank God for flexible friend). Might even have to have new tires as well as chain/sprocket etc. You might have to buy me a pint of cider shandy.
James t. xx

Lady-Bob
27-05-2004, 11:32 AM
JMo ,

Have just heard from Gary T that you have invited us to join you at Tunbridge Wells. I'd luv to come along if you'll let me!? :cool:

What time do you expect to be at T.Wells and where do you want to meet?

Any of you going to the Paddock Wood Hop Farm BMF thang on Sat 12th as I will be going along to that

Bob :D

JMo
27-05-2004, 06:11 PM
What time do you expect to be at T.Wells and where do you want to meet?

Hi Bob - everyone is welcome - be great to have you along! Will fix times/points in the next week or so, once we have a better idea of numbers/locations etc.

But as a rough guide - 10.30 at Haywards Heath (for the Coasties), 11ish at Copthorne for North Sussexites then over to Tunbridge Wells for midday I imagine. We'll then head south and find a pub somewhere around Hawkhurst and Tenterden (any recommendations?) for lunch, then head down to the coast for an ice-cream tea.

BTW. we intend to head into Tunbridge Wells on the A264, then out on the A267 - so if you have an obvious meeting point in that part of town, please let me know...

See you then, then...

xxx

SazzaG
28-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Look, will you all stop arranging really good rideouts when I can't come? Trying to tell me something?

Both the Camber Sands run and Bob's tour clash with my trip to Colorado (work unfortunately). Hey ho, serves me right for having such a jet-setting lifestyle! (not)

Make sure you all take lots of piccies.

Saz
x

JMo
07-06-2004, 07:55 PM
OK, here we go:

point1 (Sussex South): Haywards Heath railway station (bottom carpark) - follow the British Rail signs through town - easy! from: 10.15am - leaving: 10.30am

point2 (Sussex North): the Dukes Head pub carpark/layby, Copthorne - on the roundabout/junction of A264 and B2028 - from: 11am - leaving: 11.15am

point3 (Kent): Tunbridge Wells (at the top of the A267, where it joins the A26 - 100yds south of the roundabout is a winebar called Thorins, with a side road (Warwick Park) to pull into...) at: Midday - leaving: 12.15pm

Lunch will be at the Oak & Ivy pub which is on the A268 just east of Hawkhurst - should be there 12.45 onwards for those who got up really late, or have dodgy sprockets...

Hope to see you there!

xxx

lizzie
09-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Were you out reconnoitring yesterday JMo? Saw you outside Thorins - on the phone - about 6.30. I waved but you ignored me. Then again I'd have ignored me too, passenger in a knackered old Clio. Ducatis are just sooo common in TWells, I'd just seen a half-faired SS at the Pantiles roundabout.

Enjoy your run on Sunday.....

Lizzie (the pillion on the 916!)

JMo
09-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Yep - that would have been me! - afterall, there's only one blue Monny with a tiger skin seat I know of!

Maybe see you out and about too sometime? - we're not exclusively Monster owners y'know!

xxx

Albie
09-06-2004, 08:06 PM
i saw a monster dark yesterday it was either about 2or 3ish going up the hill towards the lights past the rail station. Sounded nice. Nice red with gold frame in bromley this afternoon about 3.15 and a yellow one in traffic along A2 at gravesend about 7 mon morn two up :D :D . Thanks for giving times for meet i will try to drive there when at work if poss ;) ;)

james t
13-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Just got home from eldest sons 30th Birthday Bash.

will be at the Dukes railway Heath wells place thingy at approx god knows when.

Regards Jms t. ( I Think).

Sleep Sleep I must get some Sleep........... :lol:

nik_the_brief
13-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Youngest son's birthday party til 1pm, hope to get on my bike and fly down after that. Will call you JMo to find out where ya'll are.

Hope to see ya later

Albie
13-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Popped to pub at hawkhurst in car but didnt see you guys. I was at royal oak at 12.10 then went to other pub and waited to 12.35 then retracked back to tunbridge wells. Never mind .Hope you all had nice rideout :confused: :lol: :rolleyes: :D

nik_the_brief
14-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys, was good to meet up with you.

Thanks Fodder and Collie for trailing behind my weedy little 33 bee haitch pee mobile so I didn't get left in the dust of yourselves and JMo.

Still not sure if my missus believes that I met anybody at all from the UKMOC (she thinks your all a bunch of 'imaginary friends') yesterday but there you go.

I wasn't in too much trouble for playing outside all afternoon (but that's prob'ly because I turned into a domestic God when I got home. It's good to see some other Monsterers this far south east. There's some great roads down here (especially on Romney Marsh) - you'll have to come down iin force sometime. :D

JMo
14-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Albie you loon! - we were meeting at Tunbridge Wells at midday - weren't going to get to the pub until about 12.45/1pm... which we did, and were there until nearly 3pm!

Hey ho, another time...

The rest of the month sees Sussex heading mainly west I'm afraid - although you are always welcome to head over this way (eg. Boozy's Tour if you fancy a run to the New Forest this coming weekend), but as Nik says - there are some great roads (and pubs eh?!) in Kent and East Sussex, so it won't be long before we're back over that way too!

Thanks to everyone who made it out yesterday - never mind the quantity, feel the quality!

xxx

gary tompkins
14-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Glad you all had a fab day out, I was thinking of you as I cooked on the NABD stall at the BMF show. Will try and drag a few Kent members your way in the near future and return the compliment.

Nice to see Bob, Bro and family at the BMF Sunday :cool:

Albie - what are you like mate? wotta plum :rolleyes: :D

Albie
14-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Wots this taken it out on a fellow monsterer. I made the effort ,I tried to be there but had **** week and was trying to be in two places at one time. Sorry. Never mind. Was hoping to see you lot on my way from tunbridge wells to hawkhurst then i drove back to tunbridge wells then went on to gatwick. I was pushing my luck. Went out today with me daughter kimi for ride and drink. Bloody hot or wot.On holiday for the week so am getting rid of the chicken strips. See someone on what looked like a very new monster in Chatham today in red/gold frame. Didnt take much notice of fellow monsterer though. Anyone know one in chatham.
See you soon peeps. :o :o :o :o :o

JMo
15-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Ah, don't worry about it Albie - unless you'd gone on the A229 to Hurst Green, then A21/B2099 (via Wadhurst) and A267, you'd not have passed us anyway... hope to catch up soon...

JennyMo

xxx