PDA

View Full Version : 6th June (Sunday) - Wickford

JMo
24-05-2004, 02:11 AM
Well, PD has finally sorted it (well, except for the time of course!) - so the multi-region meet is happening on the 6th June, at the **** Turpin pub on the A127 nr. Wickford, with lunch and a ride-out planned for the afternoon...

Suggest Sussexites meet at P&H Motorcycles in Crawley (61-63 Gatwick Road, RH10 9RD) from 10am, do a bit of shopping, gawping, tyre kicking as required - then leave no later than 10.30/10.45 for the run to Essex.

Plan to take the twisty B-roads from Crawley/Copthorne to Seven Oaks, then the A225 to the tunnel - then the dull bit...

Hope you can make it...

xxx

JMo
01-06-2004, 06:24 PM
In good old Boozy Bob style, I forgot that P&H don't actually open until 11am on a Sunday (ahem) - however, the burger van should be there around the corner, and our own company is more than enough sustance I'm sure!

So plan is still the same, outside P&H from 10am, leaving 10.30 (with a quick coffee stop en route perhaps) - hope to see you there!

JennyMo

xxx

Paranoid Dave
01-06-2004, 07:05 PM
OK folks, I've booked the sun for the weekend and could be HOT.

The **** Turpin opens it's doors at 12.00 so get there earlier if you like sitting outside getting thirsty. ;) Dom is prepared to show us the twisty way to Burnham for teas later so we'll be leaving Wickford when food has been scoffed, Dom has turned up and we're ready to go. Probably 1.30 to 2.00.

Hope to see lots of monsters there, including all those new london/essex border people who've appeared on here recently. :D

psychlist
01-06-2004, 08:22 PM
I'll be at my mums house on Sunday in Burnham :p Gimme a shout if you're heading that way on yer rideout and I'll put the kettle on :twisted:

SazzaG
01-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Sounds excellent! A good excuse to try out my new helmet (mmm, shiny)

Just one problem. Haven't fitted my new rearsets yet, and it's a two person job (I don't have a paddock stand). Any willing volunteers? Copious cups of tea are available.....

Saz

JMo
02-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Just one problem. Haven't fitted my new rearsets yet, and it's a two person job (I don't have a paddock stand). Any willing volunteers? Copious cups of tea are available.....

It's a piece of ****... I'll come over on Sat if you like, but make sure you've got all the right bolts/tools - otherwise stick the stuff in your rucksack and come to the surgery...

xxx

Didge
05-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I'll be there with a friend on pillion. Let's hope the weather is ok. The forcast seems good. :cool:

Pedro
05-06-2004, 12:49 PM
I'll be there with a friend on pillion. Let's hope the weather is ok. The forcast seems good. :cool:

A pillion? Christ, they deserve a medal for sitting that close behind you......

SazzaG
05-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Anyone want to meet at Bury Hill before riding over to P&H? Leaving by about 9.30.

PM me or leave a message here, otherwise I'll go straight from home.

Saz

Didge
05-06-2004, 09:34 PM
A pillion? Christ, they deserve a medal for sitting that close behind you......

:D :D :D :D :D