PDA

View Full Version : hot weather gear?????

netstar
23-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Has anyone got any good advice for the hot weather... riding in leathers is abit much... would like to look good but need armer and good fit!!! muchly thanky=======J

NBs
23-05-2004, 05:45 PM
I find it comfy enough with my ventilated leathers and just a t-shirt underneath, a Dianese one what draws sweat away and stops it getting too sticky.

If that don't float your boat, I've seen denim m/c jeans with a bit of built in armour... not used them so can't recommend. If I remember where I saw them being flogged I'll re-post, but try avin a look at m&p.

nb

netstar
23-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks.... already have leather so will not b spending any more on that... unless 4 stunning or good price items..... have been tracking some fabric jackets on german e bay but sizes are all big...Joe rocket looked interesting but not sure how much protection that offers.... the hunt goes on!!!!! J

NBs
23-05-2004, 05:58 PM
This is what i was on about..... http://www.motorcycle-uk.com/giali/Denimjeans.html

McMONSTRO
23-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Seen a few of these Fieldsheer "polytitainium" jackets around in the dealers, look good for a hot day, not as much protection as leathers mind you....but you takes your choice!!

Heres a link......http://fieldsheer.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=21aa9318711378333ee3bde838158c8a

McMonstro

A Yerbury
23-05-2004, 06:41 PM
off road elbow protectors if Im not in a jacket. shot, no fear or 661 all do em for about 20 quid. (downside is you can look cool, or you can look like you are missing a skateboard)
Alex.

Gizmo
23-05-2004, 07:48 PM
1 pce vented race leathers is all I've found that I feel safe in for any distance and are cool when riding, Dainese do an undersuit that wicks sweat away. go for light colour suits, black just makes it worse.

downside is when you stop for a coffee, its not easy walking round with a race suit hanging off you.

I've got a goretex alpinestars jacket and trousers but they are warmer than my race leathers :(

Banshee
23-05-2004, 08:10 PM
i rode naked tonight, you **** pics?
:D

walkingpictures
23-05-2004, 08:15 PM
you **** pics?

Shurely shome mishtake????

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

spacemonkey
23-05-2004, 08:16 PM
I really hope that's a typo above...

I was gonna say the Fieldsheer jobbies too. They do strides as well don't they? Dunno how much though, but sounds like a plan!

Banshee
23-05-2004, 08:20 PM
sorry, i got ch4 on...

M900nster
23-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Hey Jeanette,
You can go the Draggin' Jeans route, but it doesn't cost much less than leather. My Hein Gerike 'Pro Sport' ventilated racing leathers were reduced to £299 because they were last years colours. (Admittedly, it might be easier for an average sized guy like myself to find something reduced. There's less 'off the peg' choice for girls and therefore not so much back stock) I had not reslised how much better they'd be for summer riding. They're very comfortable and cool, and it's nice to know I have the best protection too. Not too bad to walk in (unlike some one piece suits that lock you in a silly pose). It is a bit of a bore having the top half of your leathers hanging off your back when having a pub lunch, etc. but the thing to do is take some lightweight cotton pants, or shorts, and flip flops (which weigh nothing) to change into and carry your leathers and boots in a bag when you go walkabout. Leave the helmet locked to bike.
All the best
Henry

Pedro
23-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Joe Rocket do some pretty smart vented gear - give Melnie Mouse a shout for recommendations as she sells JR gear at CMW

Ped

Eug
23-05-2004, 09:58 PM
I've got the Joe Rocket Phoenix pants and they're great.

I used to ride in jeans ... ok so now I just slip these Joe Rocket's over whatever I'm wearing cos they've got the all important knee-pad.

They're a special ventilated anti-abrasive material and have a zip that goes right up the sides.
So if you've got jeans and boots on, you can still slip them off in 2 secs.

netstar
24-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Have got a frank thomas but the armer slides about so I took it out and just use it as an over jacket now wen it's really cold or wet..... thought about riding naked but don't fancy that gravel rash all over look !!!! hav u really got pics?
Anyway those jeans look oh so USA will have a look at mor JR stuff and Hein gericke 4 sale stuff...... Hav a good day u all J

DesmoDog
24-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Spidi - some of their stuff is pretty good. I was selling a black and red easy, but I've decided to keep it now. they do a summer range..

http://www.spidi.it/spidi-jsp/index.jsp?lang=en

I also saw some stuff in my local dealers that was all web and mesh with tons of armour. The guy reckoned it was great for tourers in the summer, but it reminded me of sigue sigue sputnik!! I can look for you though if you want.

psychlist
24-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Why not get your own leathers vented, 9 lives leather in Guildford can do it for a reasonable price.

queen_gpants
24-05-2004, 11:59 AM
One piece leathers, bikini underneath, front zip partially undone just to let the air circulate.....sit back and laugh at the car drivers expressions when they suddenly realise the biker coming towards them is a female! :D

Larraine Bamford
24-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Either that or a wonderbra underneath!

Mr Kippa
25-05-2004, 04:24 PM
How about some of the motocross gear there's some cool looking stuff out there :cool:

Dave in USA
25-05-2004, 04:36 PM
One piece leathers, bikini underneath, front zip partially undone just to let the air circulate.....sit back and laugh at the car drivers expressions when they suddenly realise the biker coming towards them is a female! :D

Its true.... She does ride like that!!

:eek:

queen_gpants
25-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Either that or a wonderbra underneath!

I don't need one! :p

netstar
25-05-2004, 08:43 PM
ooooo I like the idea of riding in a bikini... Crowtree will not vent there stuff!! they do make good gear but are rather old fashioned and stuffy ....that's the trouble with winning awards!!! J

james t
25-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Have a word with Eug.

He was wearing some pretty smart trousers last week (Sort of airtex with protection).

Regards James t.

__________________________________________________ ___

Fine Words Butter No Parsnips

netstar
25-05-2004, 08:56 PM
sounds good .....if i can find my way round this site!!!!

james t
25-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Whoops didn't see Eug's previous post
James t.

JMo
25-05-2004, 09:16 PM
thought about riding naked but don't fancy that gravel rash all over look !!!! hav u really got pics?

Ah, you've not Banshee have you? - you really don't want to see them!

xxx

netstar
25-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Don't think I've met the bloke so not sure if it would be worth a look or a laugh!

JMo
25-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Why not get your own leathers vented, 9 lives leather in Guildford can do it for a reasonable price.

Or just fall off a couple of times and do it yourself?!

Seriously, don't bother with one of those motocross mesh bodysuits - they're great for impact protection off-road, but not for abrasion on tarmac.

You really need to be in leather if you envisage sliding down the road - so getting yours vented (as P suggests above), or just stopping for a drink more frequently is probably your best bet.

xxx

netstar
25-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Thanks for that ...nighty nite xxx :bunny: