PDA

View Full Version : Belt cover swap

Paranoid Dave
20-05-2004, 07:40 PM
I can't find my original thread but you may remember I was after a set of the original metal sculpted belt covers to replace the nasty plastic covers on the later models. You asked me to write up the findings and here they are.

Julie and Ruth kindly gave me a set recently and today I spent some time fettlin kylie to see if they'd work. The bolt holes line up and as covers they will fit, but they leave some gaps around the edges as the shape is different to the new ones and in places you could almost get a finger in the hole so water and stones would have no problem getting in. :mad:

Even if the holes were blocked I can't think of a way it would look good unless it was stuck to the belt cover and painted which defeats the object as I wanted to polish them. :(

So as an alternative and to compromise I splashed out on a can of black spray paint and my standard covers are now satin black.

A Yerbury
20-05-2004, 07:53 PM
mine too, although kylie would have looked nice with a polished set. still work in progress eh. do u still have the template I posted? its on ere somewhere, I could do another but that would mean taking the off again and having been painted I know Id scratch them on a passing rhino or something..........
Alex.
ps Ill sae u tom for the badge.
adieu.

Paranoid Dave
20-05-2004, 08:00 PM
lost the template and the original's on the thread I can't find.

The plastic ones do look much better painted but I'd still prefer the polished metal. Oh well, another day another mod. :D