PDA

View Full Version : Crowtree leathers

MikeBurns
19-05-2004, 09:25 PM
I went over to see Crowtree leathers today for a friend to be measured up. I’ve got to say how impressed I was. They really know their stuff, the product was top notch and technically they were spot on. They gave us a great demo on crash protection and armour. Well worth considering if you’re in the market for made to measure leathers. They will even make to your own design.

http://www.crowtreeleathers.co.uk/

HUNTER
15-06-2004, 11:40 AM
I have a set. Don't think I would go back, although I was recommended by a professional rider. Being a bit of a novice when I was measured-up, I relied on them to guide me.

Cuffs are still uncomfortable (+ 1 year), maybe too long. Knees get very sore from a day ride - interesting fitting armour. Still can't move easily with jeans on ! So I would feel very uneasy doing a track day.

Still not convinced about the shin armour and will have to wait for a crash I guess. My gripe and it was stated at the time, was that I would be doing the most of my riding on roads not the track, hence I would have thought that a shin bone protector and hard knee armour would protect from 'sharp' edges. My Dianese jeans have worked well, preventing crushing and left no bruising.