PDA

View Full Version : Trick out in Carbon?...........

SteveSki
19-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi to all,

I've recently bought myself a 2001 750 Monster and have been looking at all the mods etc. people have done.
Whilst the more obvious ones are the hacking off the tea tray and changing the cans, I'm thinking of tricking out the beast in...........you guessed it........Carbon Fibre.

I'd like to know if this has been done by anyone here and I know it's costly but what you recon?

Cheers

Steve

tony_unn
19-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Sprocket cover approx £45
Hugger £117
Short tea tray £141

The above for 620 but will give you rough idea of costs.

SteveSki
19-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Sounds quite doable to me.
I've got the rear hugger, so i was thinking......

Santa, can I have a headlight fairing, tea tray, pipes, belly pan, (mirrors, sprocket tray) maybe a custom single seat conversion, front mudguard, TANK?!?! and a night with Carmon Electra?

:D :D :D :D

DesmoDog
19-05-2004, 11:32 AM
tank? Crikey mate you must be loaded..

http://www.carbondream.com/pdf/monster.pdf

Carbon Dream do one, but I recall it was about the same price as the bike. Good luck

fatbloke
19-05-2004, 11:37 AM
anything you want in carbon (even a fuel tank) you can get form our sponsor Spareshack (http://www.spareshack.com) or give Stuart a ring on 01895 439916

DesmoDog
19-05-2004, 11:51 AM
oop sorry bout that - my bad

SteveSki
19-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Thanks gents, wasn't trying to be flash but you only live once eh?

cheers again

nik_the_brief
19-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Should that not read Carbon Electra then SteveSki? :D

Byron Kauffman
19-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Heres one running all bare carbon including the tank, also has lots of titanium etc.

queen_gpants
19-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Steveski

Could I interest you in a rather lovely Ducati Performance carbon rear fender with flush indicators? Several people have them fitted and they look lovely, not quite as drastic as giving the tail the full chop!

REAR FENDER (http://www.badgirl-racing.com/~lb156378/rear%20fender.jpg)

I bought it brand new off another member but I have an '03 monster and it doesn't fit the new frame.

Price is £140 that's £90 off the retail price :D

Paranoid Dave
19-05-2004, 05:58 PM
I don't do arbon but if you gonna do the job, do it properly. Good luck.

For what it worth, this always looks best if you only ever replace current parts of the bike with carbon versions, don't throw more on it than is actually needed as OTT carbon really can look naff.
Oh and Big screens on sexy bikes ???? :confused: I think not.

SteveSki
20-05-2004, 05:47 AM
Hey everyone, thanks for the suggestions.

Thats what I'm gonna call my monster!
Carbon Electra! I've been itching to name her..............

Queengpants (is that g as in g-string?) i'm v interested in the rear fender but it's not payday till next friday? could you hold on to it for me? oh and would it fit on a 750?

Understood PD, i don't intend to go putting extra odd pointless parts on, I just want to make that slightly bit different from the norm............

I'll try the tv screen though.....with a sub strapped to my back......

SteveSki
20-05-2004, 05:54 AM
Oh and I was looking at the 'Dream' carbon rear tea tray, anyone got one of those?

Cheers

Steve

steviej
20-05-2004, 05:40 PM
How do you stop Carbon Goodies going dull, other than leaving it in the garage out of the sun??

NewMon
20-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Wot? Do they fade then? I've got the hugger, pipe guards and side bits near the seat. I'd hate to think they'd fade! Boo Hoo.

M900Dom
21-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Carbon is to Ducatisti what chrome is to Hardleys unfortunately

None of it is ever used to its greatest strengths and is mainly Cosmetic.
The reason most of it Dulls over time is that the resins used are not UV stable and go Yellow after a while.
The best way to stop this is with a good 2k laquer over the top, which stops the UV light getting to the Resin.

If you wants some proper Carbon then I have some proper pre-preg Moto-GP bits for sale, tanks, swingarms, self supporting seat units etc, off either the Roberts KR3 or the Suzuki RGV500 and GSVR bikes ;) :D

I built a Carbon Tank for Janes Goose last year as well, works well and is very very light weight too, and a Structural carbon Seat unit for her Gas Gas Trials bike :D

HTH
Dom

queen_gpants
21-05-2004, 05:05 PM
I've just bought a lovely carbon mudguardfor my 888.
I bought it off a guy who is a fabricator for Jordans F1 and he made it for his bike a few years ago when he worked for a different company. It looks and feels beautiful and is much better quality than the DP stuff I've just sold! Sadly he doesn't have access to the moulds anymore as I'd love a new hugger to match, anything I buy new now will look positively cheap and nasty in comparison :(

berto
21-05-2004, 08:49 PM
;) I am attending Carbon anonymous myself...All plastic has gone just need those B.S.T or Dymag wheels and I'm sorted....

DesmoDog
21-05-2004, 10:24 PM
You should look at carbon dream, the gold kevlar (shudder)

slob
22-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Just in case you missed ity Steve...
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7088

wooley_t
24-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Ive got the carbon bug..........Carbon skinned Sil high level pipes, ducati performance bellypan ( and a genuine reciept for £495 from previous owner!!, must be more crackers than me!!), ducati performance diversion front stubby mudguard, tea tray................... thats it on the carbon front for me.....