PDA

View Full Version : More screens

YourOldNemesis
18-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Been riding the monster for a few months now (first bike), am starting to get fed up with the wind in my face. Should I get one of these (http://www.dartflyscreens.com/pictures.html) or is there something better available? NB I am a shrimp at 5'5" so don't need a chips-style screen.

If I get a decent screen will it be as good as a faired bike (not that I've ever ridden one), or is it time for me to trade in for something with a fairing?

Thanks

C

steviej
18-05-2004, 03:09 PM
They definately look the part, and that's saying somethin' coming from somebody who doesn't care too much for them.

slob
18-05-2004, 03:36 PM
I'd have thought a ducati nose fairing was the way to go,
although probably not too cheap. Or check out the ones at spareshack.

Jay
18-05-2004, 04:51 PM
What year have you got? I've got a red Aluminium Roadracing screen that will fit 1996 and earlier bikes, well it will fit all of them, but you need to re-locate the indicators on the later models. I bought it off Blufoot, who didn't fit it, I haven't either.

These fairings ain't as effective as a full fairing, but it makes things a bit more comfy over 60mph

£40 (that's what Bluefoot paid, and what I paid him.. and so it will continue :) )

Fosse Foxfight
19-05-2004, 10:16 AM
I got a very similar one to the Dart that Ive taken off mine. Its yours for 20 quid, takes about 3 mins to fit

Sean