PDA

View Full Version : East London/Essex Borders

slob
17-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Anyone interested in doing it again this Thursday?

Jon_Melson
17-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Could possibly do a wee ride this thursday. Where did you guys go?? And for how long??

slob
17-05-2004, 07:21 PM
We met woodford Green at 7 o'clock went out to a pub near Stanford Rivers (I think...check with Benson) had a swift coke and came back, I was home in East London by 9.30ish.
I don't know the roads round there too well, so someone else may have better ideas for places to go.

SteveSki
19-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Wasssup gents,

Jon the pub we went to was just the otherside of collier row. Not even 15 mins infact.

Yes slob definately up for it tomorrow night, same time same place?
If you want Jon we can hook up before and ride down together.

How about Benson?!!? are you out there?!

and anyone else?!?!
a few twisties and chances to blow the dust off the bikes?

Let me know

SteveSki

slob
19-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Yeah,
car park of 'The Castle pub', Woodford Green High Rd. 1900Hrs
seeya there Steve(and others). I'm gonna post this on the London forum too, see if we can't conjure up a few more.

SteveSki
19-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a plan to me, come on people! the sun's shining and we've broken the back of the week now!!

slob did you say your name was Rob?
I was a bike monster struck last Thursday.........

slob
19-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Yes Steve, it's Rob

SteveSki
19-05-2004, 11:58 AM
nice to meet you (again) rob.

Off home now but will log on at 5 tomorrow morning?!?!?

have a good evening

benson
19-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey guys - me again...sorry I won't be around tomorrow night to go out in search of a few longer roads (late meeting that starts at 7.30 = CRIMINALLY BORING)..

I had a great ride around Ingatestone and Writtle and the a**e end of chelmsford last night though and there are plenty of roads waiting to be ridden...

Even if I was able to play out tomorrow night I'd have to be on something non-monster as the beastie is currently in the shop with Dave Wood (number 26 himself!!!) having the suspension sorted with some ohlins kit and the front forks "sorted" and a power commander doodah fitted....I can't wait to get it back and play - I think I'll be on value baked beans for the forseeable future but that's ok - I will be thinner and will be able to gove Didge a run for his money in the wind stakes!!!
Enjoy tomorrow night folks - ride safe and have a diet coke for me :-)

Benson

Jon_Melson
19-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Guys! Might be able to do tomorrow. All depends on the weather really. My mobile is 07761 955 952. I'll assume you're all going to be at the Castle (where's that???) for 7 ish. I'll try and get there. Can someone text me if you're not bothering?? If you're going ahead with it- don't worry about it. Whats the dress code. One piece & Aplinestars or denim jeans + summer jacket. One has to look the part, you know...

SteveSki
20-05-2004, 05:39 AM
Hello gents (& lady)

Tonight sounds good to me but it'll depend on the weather for sure........

Jon like I said if you wanna hook up before and and follow me down to the Castle it's fine by me..........
Maybe, depending on the weather, the alpinestar suit will get a
dust off tonight?!
My number is 07739 884155 and i'll take tonight for definate but will keep checking this site untill 1pm (when I **** off home) so we got it all covered.

Slob I bet your laughing at this 'depending on the weather' stuff but i just don't like the rain..............!!!!!

Rachel, sorry to hear you can't make it and I hope your back blasting around soon (not powered by the value baked beans) hope it won't be too long a wait for you?!

See you later

Steve

slob
20-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Hey Steve,
I don't like the rain either...but my boss wants me to come to work whatever the weather, doesn't mean I want to go out and play when it's bucketing down!
As for a 'dress code', it's hard enough getting a couple of bikes together for a rideout round here without more restrictions!
CYA tonite I hope.
Sorry you can't come Rachel and I m sure the wait'll be worth it...
mmmm Ohlins, mmmm Power Commander, mmmm ££££ ...niice

SteveSki
20-05-2004, 10:56 AM
the weather's not looking too good Rob.................

slob
20-05-2004, 11:23 AM
damn, I came out in leathers and left my waterproofs at home(fool)...fingers crossed.

SteveSki
20-05-2004, 11:44 AM
What time will you be leaving a work station for me to be able to email Rob?
cause i'll log on about six if the weather looks any worse........:(

slob
20-05-2004, 01:11 PM
I leave(south London) 1730ish, I'll call your mobile when I get there, unless weather's really bad when i get to Docklands...in which case I might detour and go and hide at home instead.
PM'd you my mobile number.

SteveSki
20-05-2004, 01:18 PM
hey a Rob,
haven't heard from a Jon so not too sure what he is doing.

i've just got home and think these earlies have got the better of me today, so i think i'm gonna have to back out of tonight because i don't think i'll stay awake till 7.

sorry mate but definately up for another time as i finish earlies next tuesday.

cheers

steve

benson
22-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Ok you lot - what about one night this week heading to SOuthend for a bag of chips at Baileys??? I'm also wnating to get out and about tomorrow - not that I have the monster back yet but the other bike is a calling - if anyone fancies a day by the sea let me know!!!

slob
22-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Heya Rachel, you might have to wait for the monsters if you're on the 'fireplace'. I'm afraid I'm kinda busy tomorrow and I can't make Thursday this week, Tuesdays's forecast is a bit grim..what about Wednesday?

slob
23-05-2004, 09:20 PM
..or maybe we should just stick to Thursdays and I'll see you all(both) next week. Just had a hell of a Sunday, our web servers died and I spent 12 hours logged on and troubleshooting instead of washing my bike, going for a quick spin and doing all the other cr*p I had to do.

Jon_Melson
28-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Anybody out this sunday??? I know the weather man says it'll rain, but hey, he always says that!