PDA

View Full Version : Rev Counter / Instrument Panel

Grim
13-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi,

I'm sure this is a frequently asked question, but if you will indulge me.

I have a '99 model monster fitted with the idiot box but no rev counter. I would like to fit a new instrument panel that has a rev counter either the chrome multiclock one the Ducati do (or did as its not in the monster accessories for 04) or something like the revcounters on the newer models, ie analogue clocks.

Has anyone retro fitted the new clocks to a pre 2000 bike, and can they give me any advice. Ive looked at the wiring diagrams but the 99 model does not have an 'engine rotation speed pick up, which I guess is what the rev counter needs (or am I wrong?)

Alternatively I have seen the posts regarding the road racing clocks. Are these a simple plug and play or does it come with attachments and a installation guide.

I think what I am trying to say is help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Graham

Pedro
13-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Road Racing setups are easy to fit - just wire 'em up and plug 'em in!

Look nice too!

Ped
Let me know if you wanna piccy!

Byron Kauffman
14-05-2004, 12:21 AM
If your motor has the mechanical tach drive you can run any of the old gauges like 900SS etc. Look on the right side top of the horizontal cylinder just behind the oil cooler. If you have a tach drive it looks just like the threaded section of the speedo drive on the front wheel. It may be blocked off or have a cover plate. Then you will need to run the electric tach as Pedro suggested.

Grim
14-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Thankyou Pedro & Byron for answering both my questions, but as always there are more.

Does anybody know where to get road racing products, I did a quick search on ebay and the net but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance.

Graham